2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Best vehicle, best value for m

2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (5.6L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Best vehicle, best value for me
By eschool on

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Very impressed with this vehicle. V8 is powerful and surprisingly economical. Interstate Hwy driving at 78 mph at barely 2000 RPM and getting 18.6 mpg is great for me. I pulled a trailer home at a safer slower 70 mph and still got 17.5 mpg. Nimble as my 2001 Cherokee and as powerful as my 2005 Titan. I would not have bought if the Pathfinder SE did not have the V8. I found one of the last ones they made in the SE model. I'm 65 and have seen gas prices go up and down many times. This is a good time to buy.

Big V8 engine with DOHC and 32 valves. Great engine. Beats all the Detroit powerhouse engines hands down in low speed torque, reliability, service life, and economy. V8 drive train is excellent and I think gas mileage will be same as V6 with proper driving technique.

Inside arm rests like on my Titan. Do not make it any wider or longer. Armada is available for those wanting bigger size. Towing mirrors would be nice to have.