2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Great to drive
By billc on 09/06/07 05:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Pathfinder, my first was the 05 "off road" model. This time I upgraded to the LE with nav. So far it's been nothing but fun to drive.

Great SUV - lots of power
By William on 09/05/07 16:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Got the V8 4x4. Love the look and power, the V8 is very strong. 3rd row feature is very cool. Just got back from a road trip of 1000 miles and the SUV performed very well. The newly designed on board screen is great too. 18" look great. Steering wheel radio commands are very useful too. Mileage is actually pretty good for a V8: I get about 19mpg on freeway. Lots of features for the price.

I love my Pathfinder
By starultra on 08/16/07 04:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nissan really had to step up on the design of the interior this year. Nissan has always designed a beautiful car and SUV but when you open the doors you kept thinking what went wrong. This is my 3rd Pathfinder in 3 year. All I can say is that the redesign is great as well as the interior. The performance of the V6 is great! There is a lot of get up and go!

Transmission Torque Converter Issue
By Steve LeVesque on 08/14/07 05:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When you take your foot off the accelerator just above 40 mph, the car downshifts with a noticeable thump. Then when you press the accelerator again, it upshifts with the same noticeable thump. It is so aggravating that I would not have bought the vehicle if I had known. I took it back to the dealer, they tested another 2008 and said that it was "normal." I did not have this problem in my 2005 at all. They said it was because they put a dual torque converter in the 2008 model. Also, it seems to be harder on gas than the 2005. And when I filled up the first time, I noticed a sticker on the inside of the gas cap door that reads "For best results, use premium gas." The 2005 did not say this.

Tow vehicle
By mtngto on 07/23/07 21:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this V8 vehicle to tow a covered trailer, ~3500 lbs thru mountains. Initial trip saw 14 MPG overall, with excellent power (acceleration and cruising), braking, and stability. Very comfortable (front seats). Very manueverable (vs Armada). Negatives: cramped rear seating, noisy cooling fan, rear squat (no air suspension option as on Armada). Also, folding middle center seat interferes with opening center console, also conceals rear air controls. However, overall very pleased, and exceeded my expectations.

Great SUV For The Money
By simon on 07/07/07 06:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking at the Lexus RX 350 for months along with other SUVs but I finally decided to get the 2008 SE Pathfinder. After looking at options and the price of the 08 Pathfinder I figured I could not go wrong with this purchase. There is a big difference between the 08 to the 07 so don't be fooled. I got the SE loaded out with the leather package and premium sound. I also got tint thrown in and went with the extended warranty with tire replacement. I have had it for about a week and love the car and the ride. If you get an SE model, make sure you get a cargo mat, the rubber tends to scratch up easily.

Pathfinder LE "08"
By AJ on 07/02/07 12:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic machine, a computer on wheels; the navigation is all one could ask for and works better than most I've seen. The driver interface with the car works well (voice interface) and is state of the art. Drove the Highlander, Envoy Denali, Saturn Outlook, and decided on Nissan for both looks and ride. So far mileage has been better than manufacturer specs.

Excellent truck, now with great gadgets
By Marc on 06/05/07 21:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded up from a 2005 Pathfinder, which I was always impressed with. I wanted the new features (Bluetooth, Intelligent Key, backup camera, Music Box, better navigation with touch screen, voice commands and traffic) added in the 2008 model. The powerful V6 has always been my favorite feature, and my last Pathfinder proved very reliable and versatile. The gadgets are great, but I'm disappointed that MP3s can't be loaded into the Music Box. Otherwise, I find the Pathfinder to be perfect vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.