Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

written by Alex on 10 /08
By Mountain Man

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had an 05 Off Road, Never had a problem,after 56K and several trips to ski in Colorado, traded it in for a 08 LE V8 very happy, great acceleration, good handling, love the audio system it's fully loaded back-up camera, fuel etc. so far is better then on my V6 was. In city driving average 15m/g. Very happy with it.

The whole vehicle

LE models would need H.I.D lights, hill descent and start assist controls,

Pathfinder LE V8
By BST

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great car with the current discounts offered. Good size, great performance, great optional features. Only complaint is the gas mileage with the giant V8, but I knew what I was getting into. Fortunately I don't drive much. I would certainly buy again.

Navigation systems, keyless entry and starting and music hard drive

I love the roll down rear window that Toyota offers with the 4runner

Taking some getting used to
By KNEECY1

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had a 04 Maxima that was fully loaded for 1yr 9 mos, major problems with it so traded for 08 Pathfinder. Loved the Maxima but Pathfinder is getting there. Went on vacation to IL from MS a day after I purchased. Drove great, gas mileage was awesome, and looks great. My son complained bc he had to ride in the 2nd row and he is 6'2', very noisy when you rolled the back windows down, and there was some hard switch over after you lifted your foot off the accelerator. The pricing was sufficient for the package

6 disc Bose CD player, dual AC controls, reverse camera (got to get used to it), satellite radio, HomeLink security, plenty of storage space, double glove box, window venting from keypad (lets the vehicle cool off before entering).

Bluetooth capability should have been included (it's an 08), drive seat should be presettable, steering wheel should move up & back, the 2rd row has barely any leg room & 3rd row even less, and should of included DVD in all models

I love absolutely love my Pathfinder
By Jay

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I read tons of these reviews, on Edmunds, did a lot of research, etc. It seems that most of you people simply have horrible dealerships. Traded in my '05 350z for my Pathy, and I'm not one bit sorry. Was looking at the 4runner, but that interior was archaic. The Pathfinder is smooth, has a great leather interior, awesome handling and the rear view cam on the SE is GREAT! 3rd row stays folded down - we don't need it, and it's laughable anyhow. We bought the dog-cage divider and rubber mat for the cargo room aftermarket; exceptional car for the money -- we are VERY pleased with it! No tranny prob here (yet!)

ADJUSTABLE PEDALS!!; information screen; steering wheel audio controls; sunroof; ride; cargo room; interior look and feel

3rd row seating could be better; more legroom in 2nd row (although its NOT bad); instead of 'fake' carbon fiber middle console - do something different; HID package would be nice!

Great features but needs engine work
By smrftte76

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been reading everyone's reviews about the engine clunking at around 40 mph and I'm having that same problem with my vehicle, I'm afraid that this car isn't gonna last too long with the engine being the way it is, they need to recall this year vehicle, I knew I should've bought a Toyota but I wanted something with more power which this vehicle has as well as great features but if the engine isn't gonna last that long, I'm trading it in for a Toyota, I know Toyotas last a long time as far as the engine goes.

Camera, pedal adjustment, 6 disc CD changer, A/C controls on both driver and passenger side.

Lock on gas cap, automatic door lock when you start car, smoother transmission.