2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Nice SUV
By James B. on 12/29/07 00:43 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

SUV has very nice features and more than enough power. We bought it on a Saturday, drove it during that weekend and noticed the hard downshifting when letting off the gas pedal at approx 40 MPH. Took it back to dealer Monday and service person rode with us. He said that there was a sensor that needed to be replaced. This did not fix our problems. The service dept said there is no fix at this time. They still do not have a solution.

Great SUV for the money.
By Daniel on 12/05/07 11:33 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE-V8 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Pathfinder for a little more than 2 weeks. Absolutley love it. The engine is a monster, just plain fun to drive! Gas mileage is what's expected. If people are concerned about gas mileage, then stay away from higher displacement engines... nuff said. If people want to complain about the legroom in the third row, upgrade to a bigger car. I have yet to sit in the third row of any midsize SUV and feel comfortable. It just comes with the territory. I am more than satisfied with my purchase, and hope to have this car for years to come.

Great SUV
By Jason on 11/10/07 13:52 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am in love with my new Pathfinder. I was torn between the Murano and the Pathfinder. The Pathfinder has so much interior room and still has tons of power when you need it.

Initial Gas Mileage, Etc.
By ohlode on 10/26/07 11:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The only thing that I was hesitant about prior to purchase was the poor mileage reports for the Pathfinder, both V6 and V8. My 2008 Pathfinder S 4x4, 4.0L V6 automatic after the first 3 tanks averaged 18.2 mpg in the city. This is what the in-dash computer was telling me but I didn't believe it until I crunched the numbers after each fillup. Much better than I expected. This is in-town driving with maybe 10 to 20% expressway. I'm fairly light-footed and you can tell a difference if you put your foot into it but I'm not nursing it either. This is a superb SUV for the money.

Powerful V6 SUV
By linh tran on 10/09/07 21:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most Pathfinder I'm waiting for years with new, exellent interior layout and comfortable functions. Lots of standard features on LE model that are options on another makes. The most thing I wish Nissan to improve on this model is transmission. It has noticeable upshifts and downshifts, changes when I press or release gas pedal just right above 40 mph.This is very annoying if you are driving in town. Other than that this is a good and fun suv to drive.

Great SUV with affordable price tag
By Dan B. on 10/08/07 10:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After giving the Pathfinder a thorough test drive on a cold, rainy day (hard acceleration, hard braking, cornering, lane changing, U turn etc.) I decided to trade in my Lexus RX 330. Since my other car is a Z, I wanted to still have good performance with 4x4 capabilities. After taking the Pathfinder to the mountains on the weekend I’m even happier with my decision. The engine is powerful and responsive. The suspension provides a comfortable ride. The view of the road is excellent. The sound system is great. The cabin is quite and the instrumentation is great. I especially like the navigation system and the link to live traffic. All in all a most excellent vehicle.

Another Great SUV
By billcinva on 09/18/07 13:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This LE replaced my 2005 SE Off Road. I went to all the bells and whistles. The nav, music box, and bluetooth are great! Been fun to drive as always, the LE ride is smoother then my old one. I also like the option of auto 4 wheel or shift on the fly. This is my 2nd pathfinder and I think the quality is there!!

First Pathfinder
By TEAdams on 09/13/07 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This not only my first Pathfinder, but my first Nissan. After ten years of driving my old '97 Dodge Dakota it was time for something new. I'm not big on gadgets, so the S trim was perfect for me. I was amazed by everything that came standard on the base model. I had to get the SLT package on my old Dakota for these features. The V6 actually produces 31 HP more than the 5.2L V8 in my Dakota and I only gave up 12 pound feet of torque. The Pathfinder is a pleasure to drive and handles great. It corners better than my old Dakota. The towing power is a major plus. 6000 Lbs is more than enought to pull my 5X8 trailer with a full load. I would buy another Pathfinder in a heartbeat.

2008 Pathfinder SE V6 4X2
By momof3 on 09/10/07 08:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a 2008 Pathfinder SE V6 4x2 on Friday night. Very easy for me to drive (I'm 5' tall) and my husband has no problems and he's a foot taller. The adjustable pedals and power driver's seat help with both of us driving this vehicle. It has tons of seating configurations. The front passenger seat folds flat if you get the cloth option, but won't fold flat with the leather option. Good for us because we buy long pieces of PVC and lumber on occasion. If you have small kids (our youngest is 5), step rails help immensely (and they help me being so short) with getting in and out of the Pathfinder. Overall, very happy!!

Steering is dangerously bad
By Joefly5 on 09/07/07 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Drives great initially, but after about 4k miles, you'll notice a very pronounced vibration in the steering at highway speeds. Sometimes it's so severe you can barely control the car. Lots of others have this problem if you search Google, and there's no resolution at the dealership. Just plain bad engineering on this one. Wish I had known before buying.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.