Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8
By Grant Garvey

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was in the market for an SUV with a V8. I didn't want or need a monster in size, but wanted an ability to pull over 6000 lbs and still be able to park in a parking lot. The fact that the Pathfinder is a 317 horse is amazing. I drove the joke of a 4 runner and the Sequoia. Before you follow the Pied Piper off the edge of the cliff and settle for an over priced under powered toyota, check out the Pathfinder!

Favorite Features

V8 with 317 horsepower. Navigation package with the nav traffic. Blue tooth.

The perfect mix
By Cesar

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the 2008 Pathfinder having in mind we travel to Mexico at least once a year and we needed a vehicle reliable on seriously hard roads. This one didn't disappoint. Its off road ability it's outstanding. Plenty of power for anybody and decent fuel economy. On the city, it delivers a quiet and smooth drive. With nearly 16000 miles on it, I haven't had the so much mentioned rough down shift issue other users reported. For me, it's the perfect mix.

Favorite Features

Cargo space. Central console is well designed. Great driving experience!

Suggested Improvements

2nd row could use more leg room.

I love my new truck!
By ASiler

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven this SUV for 1400 miles and wanted to let your readers know what a great vehicle this is. The ride is very smooth and very quiet but powerful. We wanted a vehicle that was safe for Michigan winters so we chose a 4x4. We wanted to be able to move out on the freeway and this has a lot of power off the block as well as when you need to pass. We need a quiet interior as we do a lot of business in the car and it is super quiet. The majority of the driving I have done is in town and I am pleased to be getting 18.1 miles per gallon. My husband just loves the look of it. It's beefy but still easy for me to get in and out of.

Favorite Features

Small turning radius for such a large truck. Easy to use cup holders. Change compartment in the front. Easy to use radio. Two trip meters. Seats fold down individually and very easily. Two glove compartments is handy.

Suggested Improvements

The seat belt hits me at the wrong place. Nice if it could be movable. A little more leg room in the second row seat would be an advantage. It's even tight for my briefcase.

Love it!
By GC

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned it about 6 months and put 16,000 miles on it. It has been an excellent ride and problem free. I got the loaded version and it has been totally worth it. The voice recognition works really well and the navigation system is excellent. I didn't realize that I would like the keyless feature as much as I have. I've gotten so lazy that it now irritates me to have to get my key out when I drive my other car. It has a lot of nice touches both inside and out and I have absolutely no buyer remorse!

Favorite Features

Navigation system, rear view camera, keyless feature, heated seats, music memory (flash drive, hard drive and MP3 capabilities), on-board computer is sensational and overall interior design.

Suggested Improvements

I read places that it would drive rough at 40 mph, especially after it got worn in. There is some truth to it but it's not been as bad as I read. I love the look and feel of the leather but it's not as durable as other leather interiors I've had.

written by Alex on 10 /08
By Mountain Man

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had an 05 Off Road, Never had a problem,after 56K and several trips to ski in Colorado, traded it in for a 08 LE V8 very happy, great acceleration, good handling, love the audio system it's fully loaded back-up camera, fuel etc. so far is better then on my V6 was. In city driving average 15m/g. Very happy with it.

Favorite Features

The whole vehicle

Suggested Improvements

LE models would need H.I.D lights, hill descent and start assist controls,