2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Right Choice
By Right Choice on 03/20/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We test drove a Chevy Tahoe, a Toyota 4Runner, a Toyota Highlander, and a Nissan Pathfinder. The Pathfinder had styling, comfort, and plenty of room inside. The only negative factor we've discovered is that it tends to wander at speeds above 60 mph. No problem with transmission as described by other owners.

Transmission shifting
By buyingdummy on 03/18/08 12:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Pathfinder. It shifts on time, but is rough between 37 and 42 mph. Not everytime. I've had the SUV for about 2 weeks and like it otherwise. Don't consider this problem enough to reconsider.

2008 Pathfinder V8
By Anthony on 03/14/08 13:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle mid 07, only problem I've had is the factory installed sat. radio was doa. Other than that every thing is working fine w/ 18000+ miles. Avg. 16 mpg, with mostly in traffic highway miles. Plenty of power, very smooth ride. Off road quite a bit, ground clearance is a limiting factor. Interior is nice, but not overly fancy. Plenty of room in the front and mid seats, I'm 6'1". Nav system is very nice, minus some features are not available when you are in motion.

Maybe should have stuck with 4runner
By 4runner? on 03/11/08 16:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I read lots of reviews and felt comfortable with this truck, but my transmission does the same thing as some of the others here. I wish I would have dug further. The left passenger door handle is broken (I've had the truck less than two weeks) and there are several interior squeaks and rattles. I was spoiled with a 97 4runner that was bulletproof (not a squeak), but the current generation is late in its design cycle, so I steered away. I also had a great experience with my 01 Maxima, which led me to stay with Nissan. I have my doubts about the longevity of this Pathfinder, and I hope there's a recall soon for the transmission. Time will only tell if I made a mistake straying from the 4runner.

Love it!
By newride75 on 03/05/08 10:55 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE-V8 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Traded my '04 Envoy XL for PF SE V8 and absolutely love it! Didn't want to leave GMC, but their replacement (Acadia) is way overpriced and not appealing. The PF looks better, is a better ride, and has plenty of room for 3 toddler seats and 1 infant car seat. The V8 is very powerful and accelerates quickly. Standard features are great, and the option packages (Premium and Side Airbags) were all we needed. I haven't had any transmission or shifting concerns with 4,500 miles on this PF.

City and off road beast
By funtodrive on 03/02/08 14:07 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The truck drives great, both in the city and on dirt/gravel paths. The interior flexibility of the third and second row seats are nice. For even more additional room the front passenger seat lays flat as well. This truck contains a V6 4.0L, runs smooth and the cabin noise is relatively quite on the highway.

Beware of this vehicle
By dtbaj on 02/27/08 16:26 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The quality under the hood is not there. Transmission is rough and a/c fan causes a vibration to go through the entire vehicle when sitting still. Nissan blew this one and so did we when we purchased the vehicle.

Not so sure worth 33k
By RMallory on 02/23/08 05:22 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2008 Nissan last October. While it has a much quieter and smoother ride than my previous SUV (a Trailblazer), I don't think it's worth the price tag I paid - my fault. The 'check engine' light came on THREE weeks after I purchased it - took dealer 2 weeks to order and replace the part. Can't quite get over this issue to enjoy the car just yet.

Worst New Vehicle
By MaryAnn B. on 02/21/08 08:52 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase this vehicle and notice a very hard downshifting and bucking when I start to accelerate at about 40 mph. The dealer put in some transmission fluid and told me that would fix the problem. It didn't. I took it back a second time and had the shop manager drive it with me. They kept my vehicle for 1 day and then told me that there was nothing wrong with it. When I told them to give that to me in writing they said that there was something wrong and that they wanted to keep the vehicle longer. They also told me that they have 6 more pathfinders on the lot with the same problem. I am still waiting for it to be fixed. It now downshifts hard at all different speeds.

Mixed feeling
By ritchfan on 01/15/08 13:14 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Some good things some not so good about this car. Not as much room in the driver seat as I had on my 2000 XTerra, which was disappointing for a larger vehicle. Stereo is TERRIBLE- I had a better one that came with my 1980 Datsun station wagon. Worst thing is you can't really upgrade. If you do you will lose all of the information that goes to the little screen - temp, tire pressure, gas mileage, etc. Dealer says I cant upgrade to the navigation unit later- that has to be option ordered from factory up front. But drives nice, is quiet and has more pickup than my 2000 XTerra did.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.