2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
2008 Nissan Pathfinder
By ANTHONY on 06/20/08 12:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is very nice, but the windows when brought down a little while driving makes a lot of rattling noise/sound which is very disgusting. I cannot even open mines. When I told the dealer, they said never heard of the problem and cannot do anything. Just had a recall for the clock, giving wrong time every now and then. Also the power seats are always being touched every time I enter or on the way out of the vehicle causing the seats to be re-set every time.

100% reliable so far
By Dave on 05/26/08 05:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had to go out and drive my Pathfinder to see what everyone is talking about vis-a-vis the transmission. Basically it clunks if you go on and off the gas when travelling around 40mph. I drive with a smooth throttle foot so I never noticed it. My wife, on the other hand, drives with a continuous throttle-on-throttle-off style so I'd imagine that she would elicit that type of transmission behavior, but she would never notice it because, well, frankly she's mechanically clueless. Thankfully I drive it 90% of the time so I don't think we'll need to replace the transmission, u-joints, or rear diff anytime soon.

Transmission/windows rattle
By not happy on 05/05/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first Nissan after having two Toyotas. Big mistake for switching brands. Currently has 2,700 miles. The transmission at around 40 mph in and out of 5th gear starts bucking when you're on and off the gas. The windows rattle when they are down about 2 inches to halfway down. The service manager and Nissan engineer said they never heard of these problems before, what a joke. I showed them several of these reviews they had no comment. Everyone with any of these problems need to file a complaint with Nissan.

One bad SUV
By ty goulding on 05/02/08 14:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It came down to the PF or 4runner. The V8 swayed me. The overall power is staggering. I love the handling and quiet interior at top speeds. I am impressed by all of the features that come with the model. I did not opt for nav, and am a bit disappointed that bluetooth was not available w/o this feature. Also dissapointed that the iPod (MP3) is a line level (dull hum introduced from speakers), and does not allow for character display on the huge screen. Vehicle performance is outstanding. Gas mileage a bit scary, but I knew what I was getting into. Hoping Bush's replacement will help us out. Like the stereo, but would be more pleased with flexibility to manipulate tones (make sub work harder.)

i think it will compete the prodo
By joe on 05/01/08 02:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

after taking it for off road for the first time even it was smooth ride on sand the steering axcel became noisy, they fixed it, now it came again, i think it is a week point in it. other than that every thing looks good. performace is good, it was stable even on 200 km/h i dont regret having it

Transmission Woes
By BadChuggle on 04/18/08 14:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Nissan. First off, I love the looks and design of the unit. After my first road trip with the unit 1500 miles I started experiencing the dreaded torque converter problem you will read about. It has lived at the dealer for weeks while they an Nissan diagnosed the problem. The long and short, there is no known cure for these symptoms. 30-45 MPH (5th gear) torque converter clunks with slightest variation in RPM (up and down). Worse yet is that at highway speeds (cruise on) down a hill, it happens over and over again (worse). Now 15000+ miles, can't stand to drive the truck because of the clunking. Make sure that you keep on the dealer for a fix! This condition is not right!

Third Pathfinder in a Row
By P. Matthew on 04/07/08 17:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd. Had an '01 (my favorite), an '05 and just picked up an '08. Was initally looking for something bigger & w/side airbags standard, but for price, value & fun-to-drive I was back to the Pathfinder. Found an SE w/ side airbags which came loaded minus the leather seats. I've had others including Cherokee and Volvo XC90 - Pathfinder has the best performance(very fast!), character, and lots of storage. Many of the materials on the '08 seem better than '05, the cabin's quieter and the wheels/tires are larger, so it's a slightly different ride. Doesn't seem to corner quite as well, but the '01 handled the best. The thick steering wheel feels just right, and the truck is easy to drive.

Nice contrast to a Toyota 4Runner
By -c on 04/07/08 10:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Traded in an '04 T4R Sport with a V8 for this and I'm very happy. Having two T4Rs ('00 + '04) I was wary getting a Nissan but it's been a blast (so far). The V8 is extremely powerful yet is very thirsty (13-14 mpg in mixed driving) and likes premium fuel. Thankfully I have a very short commute. Interior is nicely laid out. Love the premium package features (back-up cam), stereo sounds good, iPod hook-up, automatic 4x4, dual-zone AC, etc. However, heated side mirrors should not be only for the leather pkg. Lame. Handles well but the T4R with X-REAS handled much better in turns. I too have the problems w/ the power seat controls getting touched while exiting the truck. It's a p.i.t.a.

Pathfinder Is A Solid Vehicle!
By Nissaned on 04/03/08 17:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It's a fun car to drive. The 3rd row seating is good if your riders are small kids. Do not try to pack granny or teenagers in the 3rd row. Also, there is limited leg room in the 2nd seat. But everything else about this vehicle is great. It is extremely responsive both in acceleration and manueverability. And it is a very comfortable road car. The only real drawback about this vehicle is that (I didn't do my homework) it requires premium gasoline. Oh, it will run "ok" on mid-range - but it's worth pointing out. It's otherwise a solid car and I would buy another one. Oh yes, spend the extra money and get the sunroof. It will be even more fun to drive.

2008 Pathfinder SE - transmission issue
By krcarr on 03/25/08 06:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been experiencing the same issue of bucking/thumping at or around 40mph. When lightly pressing the gas pedal the vehicle shakes or shudders but only around that speed. A senior tech witnessed the problem and said NIssan is working on it , but it had to get cleared by EPA. Not happy with this 08. Very disappointed in Nissan.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.