Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Nissan will fix it
By frank

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle new in July 2009. I was unable to locate a 2009, there were none in all of Las Vegas. The first thing I noticed about the vehicle that was between 42 to 45 miles per hour upon removing my foot from the gas and then reapplying the vehicle bumped forward. It seems that the transmission shifted with a bump. I immediately read these reviews and found that many people experienced the same thing and that Nissan wasn't doing anything about it. I contacted Nissan Corp. and they stated they knew nothing of problem. I scheduled an appointment with my dealership who found prior alert from Nissan and fixed my vehicle with module part. No more bumping.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature about this vehicle is the memory seating and mirrors. It used to be so annoying readjusting everything after my wife used vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Alert others to the fix on shifting woes.

Best SUV I Have Owned
By Brian

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Fantastic vehicle. Great pickup. Great for towing. Very comfortable and every creature comfort you can imagine. Not one mechanical problem. This is by far the best SUV I have ever owned and will definitely purchase another one.

Favorite Features

V8

Suggested Improvements

fuel mileage (but all of them stink)

First Pathy....but not last
By Buzzo in NY

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I researched mid-sized SUVs for about six months before deciding to buy my Pathfinder. My comparisons were "whittled" down to the T4R, Acura MDX and NPF. Considering the MDX was about 10K more than I wanted to spend....then there were two. What ultimately made my decision easy was the financing Nissan offered and to date have not been disappointed. I only have about 7K miles on it and have not yet experienced any of the transmission "clunking" stated by other reviewers. One thing I'm keeping an eye/ear on is the amount of engine vibration that exists between 4K and 5K RPM. It seems to smooth out closer to the redline. Extremely happy so far however...

Favorite Features

Manual shifting option, Backup camera, Aggressive looks, Standard towing package, Roof racks, decent stock stereo

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the third row seat and push the second row back about 8 inches. Add a lock to the gas cap. Add finer adjustment to the tilt steering wheel. I am 6'3" tall and struggle to find a comfortable angle. Tighter turning radius.

The best
By cone747

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Build quality of a tank! The power and "tightness" makes it feel like your driving an unstoppable machine. This is the best vehicle I've owned. The luxury interior is awesome and has every thing you can want on a car (le version). Gas mileage isn't good (12.9), but if a cared I would have gotten a hybrid. Electic 4x4 is great never misses a beat locking in or catching it in auto. Suspension is great and the breaks are ultra smooth. Don't compare the v6 to the v8. Though they look alike there completely different I have driving both. The v6 is a wanna be, the v8 is the real deal.

Favorite Features

Power, speed, luxury, styling

Suggested Improvements

ditch the useless third row. Push back the back seats for more leg room and make them more comfortable.

Nice
By Jackwebb182

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love it.. I wish it had heated seats like the Honda Pilot though. It looks good and drives great. A little unstable in high winds. Controls are positioned rather oddly.

Favorite Features

Rear TV camera

Suggested Improvements

Heated seats.