Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Great vehicle
By JB

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great suv for the money! The v8 has great power and will tow anything. I take my patty to the mountains in Colorado to ski and it will pass anything in the snow. The luxury is great and it's a very sturdy car. No rattles. I have but 27k on mine and no problems. I had a toyota 4 runner before this. The seats were small, had no options, horrible stereo and the transmission in the 4 runner would burn up every time I went up the mountain passed. Toyota over rated and an under performer. You can be take everyone and own a toyota but I laugh as a pass a 4runner with 4 people cramped in and dogging it up the pass. I can sleep at night knowing that I got what I paid for.

Bose stereo, back up camera, adjustable foot pedals, you name it, it has it all

Better marketing for Nissan. Comparison studies to a 4 runner. I would volunteer. I've had both and wow the pathfinder is a no brainer

Love it!
By mrredskin

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with the purchase. Feels almost like a luxury SUV, except for half the cost. Only mechanical issue I've had was a loose heat shield that took an hour to fix at service dept. Some controls could be arranged better, and definitely should have another 2 inches to move the driver's seat back (i'm 6'2). not uncomfortable - just can't stretch my leg out completely. i haven't second guessed myself for buying this, and i doubt i ever will.

backup cam, interior design

more leg room for driver

Not holding up well
By JR3701

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I should love this car. It's loaded with options and I got a great price on it. The problem is you get what you pay for. The quality just isn't there. The engine is noisy and unrefined. The transmission occasionally shifts slowly or roughly and makes we wonder how many problems it will have down the road. The interior already looks like it's 10 years old. The plastics aren't aging well and the leather is starting to sag. Also, an annoying clicking sound has developed, in addition to all the other interior squeaks and rattles. The ride is a rough and the whole vehicle shakes when going over bumps. To be fair, it is an suv but I previously had a 4runner and it drove a lot better.

Bose stereo is pretty good. Heated seats and heated outside mirrors are great during the winter. Back up camera is exremely useful.

Change the body on frame design. Spend more money on higher quality interior pieces. Buy a 4Runner.

Great power, lots of rattels
By jp

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Initially, I loved my pathfinder. The v8 was so powerful, the bose sound is amazing and all the gadgets and luxury are great. However, after about 2 weeks, I noticed the rattles and I mean everywhere. When I hit a bump I feel it in the wheel and in the frame. The doors rattle the dash rattles bad! I took it off road and it was like driving a covered wagon. The rattles are so noticeable. I had a 2000 pathfinder with 100k on it and nothing like this. It was solid as a rock. The a patty is a great highway car and great 0-60 speed, which is outstanding. However, i bought an suv to use for off road and mtn sports. It has low clearance with the bumpers and it rattles way too much. It

Great speed and towing. I loved the shiftable transmission. The technology and luxury is great! However, the off road is disappointing. This car is more like a sportscar/crossover versus an suv. You feel bumps on and off road

This car confuses me. It can't decide if its a sports car or an SUV.I love the power but hate the structural problems. For a $40,000 vehicle it should hold up and it does not. The rear seat is too small and the 3rd row is a joke. I traded my patty in for an xterra, no rattle and it can take the bump

Excellent SUV with a few wrinkles
By DocNY

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Having gone from a Ford Explorer LXT to a Mercedes ML280, ML350, and Land Rover LR3, I had my doubts about the Nissan. I can honestly say, the Nissan is built as well if not better than my German and English rides, and has held up admirably to a variety of highway, winter, dirt roads, and trails. Only trouble has been limited to dead battery when the headlight "auto-off" feature stopped on occasion leaving technicians scratching their heads, and a faulty doorlock on passenger door made it impossible to exit vehicle from the back seat. Mild valve noise has appeared at 36K miles but too early to tell if this is meaningful.

All the luxuries of my Mercedes without the outrageous cost. Nice styling in and out, with less in shop time than any of my previous SUV's.

Why put the climate knobs at the audio section, and the audio knobs further from the CD player? It's been a year and still throws me. Tranny occasionally searches, revs, then lurches. Dome lights should eventually turn off with time so rear dome will not discharge battery when car is locked.