Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Most Helpful|
rattle box
By steve

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my v8 pathfinder used. I was sold on the cheap price and options and I liked the V8. However, I was quickly disappointed. It started to rattle right away. The dash and door pannles are very cheap. I was also disappointed with the ground clearance it had with the bumpers and overhangs. It is not an off road vehicle! I went and traded it in on a new xterra and that was even a bigger mistake. Brand new and it rattles and squeaks. I am disappointed with Nissan. They have went down hill in quality. I will never buy a nissan again. I hope other readers will read this and not make the same mistake.

Favorite Features

The options are nice but not worth the problems

Suggested Improvements

Start over and make Nissan's right. I had a 2000 pathfinder and that was made well. Don't know what happened but they are junk now.

100,000 miles and 0 (zero) problems!
By v880118

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. My wife uses it to commute between Denver and Grand Is. Nebraska and she puts about 1,000 a week on it. We have towed over 5,000 lbs for 2,000 miles; excellent, it averages 17.8 mpg, has had no mechanical failures, and is still on the original brake pads and rotors with no warpage! I don't baby it, and I have to floor it often for that happy feeling. It rips in a straight line!. Seriously folks, this has been a great ride and will be for the next 100,000, I have no doubt of that.

Favorite Features

The 5.6 engine is amazing and the 4wd works excellent in heavy snow. I can't complain about almost 18 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

A couple of rattles but less than my 2010 Silverado.

Excellent Vehicle
By Jane

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my vehicle used and it's been more than reliable. I had a terrible front end accident with it and it saved my life and that of my passenger. My pathfinder did what it was built to do and that was to protect the people in it. The repair shop mechanics were in awe that it could take such a beating and still be a sound enough vehicle that they recommend the rebuild rather than to right it off. I have owned new vehicles every two years for the last 40 years and this is the most reliable constant vehicle that I have ever owned. I find it comfortable a little rough sometimes, but it is built on a truck frame so what do you expect. I would recommend this vehicle it's quality built.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the body height and size. The easy to use shift and the comfortable seating. I like the way the seats all lay down flat and make it easier to load items into the back.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires supplied by manufacturer, I pulled the stock ones off right away and bought pirelli's for better highway driving.

Best family 4x4 ever!
By hatchy4

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up my 2008 Pathfinder SE with Premium package only 42K's on it, drove 134km from home to get the best deal, the drive back was a real pleasure, mixed road conditions, snow, freezing rain, the works, and the Pathfinder handled it easily. All the instrument features are intuitive and extremely eay to use, no need to reference the owners manual. Dual climate control and heated seats are fantastic the lcd screen is a great size to view all the information. Really for how much kit you get its great value for your money, full side curtain airbags and Active head restraints, considered an LR3 but am extremely glad I went with the Pathfinder, the build quality is superior inside and out!

Favorite Features

To many to mention them all! I love evrything about this SUV, Lcd screen and information centre, heated seats, Dual climate control, the power of the engine. Runner boards to help the kids climb in. On a long run of mixed driving averaged 13.3 / 100kms that is much better than my old 02 escape that was averageing 16 / 100.

Suggested Improvements

Second row is a little small for large adults but perfect for the kids, in fact it has alot more head room than my old Escape so I don't have to worry about knocking my kids heads when lifting them in.

I like my Pathfinder
By rochrandy

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned three Xterras, 2000, 2002, & 2004. I decided to step up to the Pathfinder. Bought it Memorial Day 2008. I have 18000 miles on it with zero problems. I pull a small trailer and the Pathfinder handles it very well. I feel that I got my money's worth when I purchased it.

Favorite Features

Backup camera

Suggested Improvements

No major complaints but we all like more bells and whistles for our money. The more standard features the better the vehicle.