2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Pathfinder LE V8
By BST on 09/17/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great car with the current discounts offered. Good size, great performance, great optional features. Only complaint is the gas mileage with the giant V8, but I knew what I was getting into. Fortunately I don't drive much. I would certainly buy again.

Taking some getting used to
By KNEECY1 on 08/23/08 09:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE-V8 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had a 04 Maxima that was fully loaded for 1yr 9 mos, major problems with it so traded for 08 Pathfinder. Loved the Maxima but Pathfinder is getting there. Went on vacation to IL from MS a day after I purchased. Drove great, gas mileage was awesome, and looks great. My son complained bc he had to ride in the 2nd row and he is 6'2', very noisy when you rolled the back windows down, and there was some hard switch over after you lifted your foot off the accelerator. The pricing was sufficient for the package

I love absolutely love my Pathfinder
By Jay on 08/20/08 10:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I read tons of these reviews, on Edmunds, did a lot of research, etc. It seems that most of you people simply have horrible dealerships. Traded in my '05 350z for my Pathy, and I'm not one bit sorry. Was looking at the 4runner, but that interior was archaic. The Pathfinder is smooth, has a great leather interior, awesome handling and the rear view cam on the SE is GREAT! 3rd row stays folded down - we don't need it, and it's laughable anyhow. We bought the dog-cage divider and rubber mat for the cargo room aftermarket; exceptional car for the money -- we are VERY pleased with it! No tranny prob here (yet!)

Great features but needs engine work
By smrftte76 on 08/08/08 21:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been reading everyone's reviews about the engine clunking at around 40 mph and I'm having that same problem with my vehicle, I'm afraid that this car isn't gonna last too long with the engine being the way it is, they need to recall this year vehicle, I knew I should've bought a Toyota but I wanted something with more power which this vehicle has as well as great features but if the engine isn't gonna last that long, I'm trading it in for a Toyota, I know Toyotas last a long time as far as the engine goes.

A pleasant surprise
By Quia on 08/07/08 06:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2004 Isuzu Rodeo S for my '08 Pathfinder so right off the top I was immediately impressed. The exterior styling is commanding yet sleek; great ground clearance; and I was pretty pleased that the hitch was standard on the one I bought. I've seen some Pathfinders around with these weird contoured pinstripes, but mine doesn't have that fortunately. Even for a base model I was pleased with the remote keyless entry, power windows, locks and tint. It rides much smoother than my Rodeo (and the Lincoln Aviator and Acura MDX which I've driven), but not quite as nice as the Lexus GX470. The rear seats are a bit tight, but we just put the kids back there anyway.

Best vehicle, best value for me
By eschool on 08/05/08 11:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Very impressed with this vehicle. V8 is powerful and surprisingly economical. Interstate Hwy driving at 78 mph at barely 2000 RPM and getting 18.6 mpg is great for me. I pulled a trailer home at a safer slower 70 mph and still got 17.5 mpg. Nimble as my 2001 Cherokee and as powerful as my 2005 Titan. I would not have bought if the Pathfinder SE did not have the V8. I found one of the last ones they made in the SE model. I'm 65 and have seen gas prices go up and down many times. This is a good time to buy.

Buy a 4Runner
By Adam on 08/03/08 10:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Was choosing between this and 4Runner. Chose Pathfinder because of option availability and price. At 7000 miles headliner (ceiling) started falling out. Took to dealer and they replaced the entire ceiling. Second ceiling was full of creases and looked far worse so it went back for a third time. They had it for five days and it came back with many faults. Stains on sunroof, ill-fitting, scratched, and broken trim. I am waiting new parts on back order so it can go back again and they can fix all the interior bits they broke. It will never be right again.

Love it, but there are problems.
By jgj3010 on 07/06/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car about 11 months, after selling my '04 Volvo S60 because I wanted something more useful for biking, kayaking, etc. I absolutely love this car for the utility, and the fact that it feels as nice and comfortable as my Volvo did for taking out clients, colleagues and such. I still sometimes surprise myself with its power when I pull out into Atlanta traffic. the V6 has plenty of power, don't regret not getting the V8. Overall, I love this car until I have to fill it up! I'll probably go back to a smaller car or wagon next time given the price of gas.

Ready for New Car Already
By Emily on 06/29/08 06:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I don't know why I bought it in the first place - it just had everything I needed at the time (7 passenger and still had storage room). But I've never been impressed with how it handles. Hit a pot hole and the thing feels like you could lose control. Lots of air bags and feels solid - think it would survive a crash okay. But there is something about hitting potholes. It's very roomy and I love the interior. Huge display screen is great! Only other bad thing is the gas mileage. A year ago that wasn't a problem for me. Now I'm having second thoughts. At only 16 mpg, it certainly isn't cheap.

Satisfied Owner
By Nissan Owner on 06/23/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the Pathfinder for about 8 months and have driven 6500 miles on it including a recent 3000 mile trip. Therefore I have had ample opportunities to evaluate it and am on the whole satisfied with this SUV. Being a previous Toyota sedan owner, I was choosing between the 4runner and Pathfinder. I feel completely comfortable with the choice I made as the 4runner did not feel luxurious enough from inside and had horrible 3rd row seating option. Now to more details on my experience with the pathfinder - the driving experience is great, interiors have a plush feel, rear view is awesome, sound system is good and overall car experience has been great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.