2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Great vehicle
By JB on 10/24/09 18:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great suv for the money! The v8 has great power and will tow anything. I take my patty to the mountains in Colorado to ski and it will pass anything in the snow. The luxury is great and it's a very sturdy car. No rattles. I have but 27k on mine and no problems. I had a toyota 4 runner before this. The seats were small, had no options, horrible stereo and the transmission in the 4 runner would burn up every time I went up the mountain passed. Toyota over rated and an under performer. You can be take everyone and own a toyota but I laugh as a pass a 4runner with 4 people cramped in and dogging it up the pass. I can sleep at night knowing that I got what I paid for.

Love it!
By mrredskin on 10/16/09 01:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with the purchase. Feels almost like a luxury SUV, except for half the cost. Only mechanical issue I've had was a loose heat shield that took an hour to fix at service dept. Some controls could be arranged better, and definitely should have another 2 inches to move the driver's seat back (i'm 6'2). not uncomfortable - just can't stretch my leg out completely. i haven't second guessed myself for buying this, and i doubt i ever will.

Not holding up well
By JR3701 on 10/02/09 13:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I should love this car. It's loaded with options and I got a great price on it. The problem is you get what you pay for. The quality just isn't there. The engine is noisy and unrefined. The transmission occasionally shifts slowly or roughly and makes we wonder how many problems it will have down the road. The interior already looks like it's 10 years old. The plastics aren't aging well and the leather is starting to sag. Also, an annoying clicking sound has developed, in addition to all the other interior squeaks and rattles. The ride is a rough and the whole vehicle shakes when going over bumps. To be fair, it is an suv but I previously had a 4runner and it drove a lot better.

Great power, lots of rattels
By jp on 09/21/09 21:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Initially, I loved my pathfinder. The v8 was so powerful, the bose sound is amazing and all the gadgets and luxury are great. However, after about 2 weeks, I noticed the rattles and I mean everywhere. When I hit a bump I feel it in the wheel and in the frame. The doors rattle the dash rattles bad! I took it off road and it was like driving a covered wagon. The rattles are so noticeable. I had a 2000 pathfinder with 100k on it and nothing like this. It was solid as a rock. The a patty is a great highway car and great 0-60 speed, which is outstanding. However, i bought an suv to use for off road and mtn sports. It has low clearance with the bumpers and it rattles way too much. It

Excellent SUV with a few wrinkles
By DocNY on 09/09/09 14:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Having gone from a Ford Explorer LXT to a Mercedes ML280, ML350, and Land Rover LR3, I had my doubts about the Nissan. I can honestly say, the Nissan is built as well if not better than my German and English rides, and has held up admirably to a variety of highway, winter, dirt roads, and trails. Only trouble has been limited to dead battery when the headlight "auto-off" feature stopped on occasion leaving technicians scratching their heads, and a faulty doorlock on passenger door made it impossible to exit vehicle from the back seat. Mild valve noise has appeared at 36K miles but too early to tell if this is meaningful.

Nissan will fix it
By frank on 08/07/09 12:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle new in July 2009. I was unable to locate a 2009, there were none in all of Las Vegas. The first thing I noticed about the vehicle that was between 42 to 45 miles per hour upon removing my foot from the gas and then reapplying the vehicle bumped forward. It seems that the transmission shifted with a bump. I immediately read these reviews and found that many people experienced the same thing and that Nissan wasn't doing anything about it. I contacted Nissan Corp. and they stated they knew nothing of problem. I scheduled an appointment with my dealership who found prior alert from Nissan and fixed my vehicle with module part. No more bumping.

Best SUV I Have Owned
By Brian on 06/15/09 14:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Fantastic vehicle. Great pickup. Great for towing. Very comfortable and every creature comfort you can imagine. Not one mechanical problem. This is by far the best SUV I have ever owned and will definitely purchase another one.

First Pathy....but not last
By Buzzo in NY on 05/11/09 11:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I researched mid-sized SUVs for about six months before deciding to buy my Pathfinder. My comparisons were "whittled" down to the T4R, Acura MDX and NPF. Considering the MDX was about 10K more than I wanted to spend....then there were two. What ultimately made my decision easy was the financing Nissan offered and to date have not been disappointed. I only have about 7K miles on it and have not yet experienced any of the transmission "clunking" stated by other reviewers. One thing I'm keeping an eye/ear on is the amount of engine vibration that exists between 4K and 5K RPM. It seems to smooth out closer to the redline. Extremely happy so far however...

The best
By cone747 on 04/06/09 07:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Build quality of a tank! The power and "tightness" makes it feel like your driving an unstoppable machine. This is the best vehicle I've owned. The luxury interior is awesome and has every thing you can want on a car (le version). Gas mileage isn't good (12.9), but if a cared I would have gotten a hybrid. Electic 4x4 is great never misses a beat locking in or catching it in auto. Suspension is great and the breaks are ultra smooth. Don't compare the v6 to the v8. Though they look alike there completely different I have driving both. The v6 is a wanna be, the v8 is the real deal.

Nice
By Jackwebb182 on 04/02/09 21:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love it.. I wish it had heated seats like the Honda Pilot though. It looks good and drives great. A little unstable in high winds. Controls are positioned rather oddly.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.