Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Do Your Research
By Mike

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have not had any problems until recently; 4wd and ecu, fuel pump, etc. We think this is due to the beefy 4wd and transfer casing on this model taken from the Titan/armada. Working fine one day and then 12+ error codes on the diagnostic the next. It is probably not Nissan itself, but Rather the ecu unit malfunctioning. Personally, I find this car to be solid, well-built and stylish for the category. It's no escalade or Land Rover, but performs better where it counts. Buy a warranty on any vehicle that has a "new" anything for a model year. We got the gold-preferred, so 99.9% of the car is covered, and we did this because this was the first v8 year. Glad we did.

Engine, Torque, hauling ability, seating capacity, utility, balance of amenities, DVD system for our child.

higher quality building material for interior parts, especially those getting beat up (like the back cargo area), more readily accessible compartments, higher hauling capacity (the rating is lower than what it can certainly handle)

It is a LEMON
By Hate this car!

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Previous 1996 pathfinder owner for 13 yrs.Traded for a 2008 model-it is plastic junk. Started rattling 5 wks after purchase: windows,dash,inside AC vents makes loud noise,hatch closes so hard glass shakes and rear inside panel is dangling/rattling due to rear door, rear camera won't work when it rains, steering column is going to fall off in my lap one day, paint so thin a fingernail can scratch it, rear view mirror falls down but Nissan won't replace it. Nissan says there is a lot of plastic and I should "learn to live with the noise"! Nissan Corp has gone downhill in the quality of vehicles.

The gas petal moves to the driver which is good for short people.

Nissan needs to get out the textbook on how they made earlier models and copy it. They are making junk plastic cars now.

I like my Pathfinder
By rochrandy

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned three Xterras, 2000, 2002, & 2004. I decided to step up to the Pathfinder. Bought it Memorial Day 2008. I have 18000 miles on it with zero problems. I pull a small trailer and the Pathfinder handles it very well. I feel that I got my money's worth when I purchased it.

Backup camera

No major complaints but we all like more bells and whistles for our money. The more standard features the better the vehicle.

What happend to the pathfinder?
By patty no more

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owed 3 Nissans. My first was a 2000 LE pathfinder and this was the best of the the 3. Sturdy, off road, luxury..had everything. I owned my 2000 for 9 yrs no problems. I made a mistake getting an 08 fully loaded v8 LE pathfinder. It squeaked rattled and steering and handling was horrible. I felt every bump in the steering wheel and I took off road once….big mistake. It rattled horribly in the frame, door panels everything. They turned the pathfinder into a soccer mom’s minivan! I traded in the v8 patty for a new 2010 off road xterra. Much sturdier vehicle (less rattles) but has no options. Too bad the xterra doesn't have the options of the pathfinder. It would be a perfect SUV!

V8 and bose, everything else needs to go!

First of all make it sturdier. Stop using cheap plastic. Get rid of the awful fenders and the overhangs in the back and front are not good for off roading. Change the handling,the looks and the cheap plastics and you might have a decent SUV. It needs to look like the old pathfinders !!

Excellent Vehicle
By Jane

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my vehicle used and it's been more than reliable. I had a terrible front end accident with it and it saved my life and that of my passenger. My pathfinder did what it was built to do and that was to protect the people in it. The repair shop mechanics were in awe that it could take such a beating and still be a sound enough vehicle that they recommend the rebuild rather than to right it off. I have owned new vehicles every two years for the last 40 years and this is the most reliable constant vehicle that I have ever owned. I find it comfortable a little rough sometimes, but it is built on a truck frame so what do you expect. I would recommend this vehicle it's quality built.

My favorite features are the body height and size. The easy to use shift and the comfortable seating. I like the way the seats all lay down flat and make it easier to load items into the back.

Better tires supplied by manufacturer, I pulled the stock ones off right away and bought pirelli's for better highway driving.