Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Used '08 Pathfinder SE V8 2WD
By Kdubnyaya

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have a baby on the way and needed to upgrade from a Scion TC. My family only buys Nissan and have loved them. Her Pathfinder is really nice. It has 42K on it and has no squeaks or rattles. The 310 HP and 388 FT/LB Torque you can feel when the gas pedal is dropped to the floor. Just running around town in rush hour traffic it is getting 15.6 mpg. Which for a big V8 is to be expected. We bought an extended warranty that last for 3 YR or 36,000 miles. Will cost $50 for any issues that we have and Oil Changes are 50% off. Incredible vehicle and because it is a Nissan we will enjoy it for years to come.

Get up and go HP, 3rd row seating, excellent ride and our Black Pathfinder is beautiful!

More leg room for second row.

Great but popping noise! Help
By vrjack

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I havens had any major problems since purchasing my Pathfinder in 2007, but this clicking noise it getting to me! Has anyone else had this problem? Was it fixed? I took it to the dealership for oil changes and I was sure to mention it every time. Its noticeable when I am coming to a stop or slowly backing up. The best way to describe it...it sounds like the little toy lawnmower with the balls inside that pops up as the child pushes it! Yeah, that popping sound more so than clicking. They said that Nissan hasn't recognized it as a problem at least the las time I asked about a year ago. I haven't had any problems driving it or anything.

heated seats, mirrors,and steering wheel. camera, system. I love the fact that I can let the third row seats down for strollers, and other bulky items

more room. it's almost like the truck should be a little lower because if you are tall, you won't have much room in the back seats..you need more "drop" or leg room

100,000 miles and 0 (zero) problems!
By v880118

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. My wife uses it to commute between Denver and Grand Is. Nebraska and she puts about 1,000 a week on it. We have towed over 5,000 lbs for 2,000 miles; excellent, it averages 17.8 mpg, has had no mechanical failures, and is still on the original brake pads and rotors with no warpage! I don't baby it, and I have to floor it often for that happy feeling. It rips in a straight line!. Seriously folks, this has been a great ride and will be for the next 100,000, I have no doubt of that.

The 5.6 engine is amazing and the 4wd works excellent in heavy snow. I can't complain about almost 18 mpg.

A couple of rattles but less than my 2010 Silverado.

Worst car in this size
By ROBER

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In two years 5 problems, the roof leaking, solenoid, valve, airbags, battery, window and two problem with solutions. Mechanical service, Maroone of Miami is the worst thing in this matter. The final point is new car with to many problems, what's next

Need 91 octane, 15 mpg

MPG After Two Years
By ohlode

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Regarding MPG on my 2008 Pathfinder S 4x4 with automatic transmission. After two years and 28K I consistently get 18.5 mpg mainly around town and usually with a small mix of expressway/freeway driving. I use 87 octane only. A/C or not it gets the same mileage. On trips I've averaged 23 mpg. Hope this is helpful. I chose the Pathfinder over the 4 Runner because of the deal. About four thousand cheaper and the base 2008 4 runner didn't even have the 3d seat as standard. Towing capacity was 1K more than the V6 4 runner. So glad I picked the Pathfinder.

Everything. The rear seat combinations are awesome. Grandkids sit in the 3d seat and are not right behind you. The power is more than adequate for the size vehicle. I tow a 2000# boat and a 3000# travel trailer regularly with no problems.

The ride in this entry level S 4x4 is a bit soft. Would prefer a slightly stiffer ride. Overall, about the best vehicle purchase I've ever made.