2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
It is a LEMON
By Hate this car! on 04/20/10 20:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Previous 1996 pathfinder owner for 13 yrs.Traded for a 2008 model-it is plastic junk. Started rattling 5 wks after purchase: windows,dash,inside AC vents makes loud noise,hatch closes so hard glass shakes and rear inside panel is dangling/rattling due to rear door, rear camera won't work when it rains, steering column is going to fall off in my lap one day, paint so thin a fingernail can scratch it, rear view mirror falls down but Nissan won't replace it. Nissan says there is a lot of plastic and I should "learn to live with the noise"! Nissan Corp has gone downhill in the quality of vehicles.

I like my Pathfinder
By rochrandy on 03/26/10 14:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned three Xterras, 2000, 2002, & 2004. I decided to step up to the Pathfinder. Bought it Memorial Day 2008. I have 18000 miles on it with zero problems. I pull a small trailer and the Pathfinder handles it very well. I feel that I got my money's worth when I purchased it.

What happend to the pathfinder?
By patty no more on 01/11/10 17:57 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owed 3 Nissans. My first was a 2000 LE pathfinder and this was the best of the the 3. Sturdy, off road, luxury..had everything. I owned my 2000 for 9 yrs no problems. I made a mistake getting an 08 fully loaded v8 LE pathfinder. It squeaked rattled and steering and handling was horrible. I felt every bump in the steering wheel and I took off road once….big mistake. It rattled horribly in the frame, door panels everything. They turned the pathfinder into a soccer mom’s minivan! I traded in the v8 patty for a new 2010 off road xterra. Much sturdier vehicle (less rattles) but has no options. Too bad the xterra doesn't have the options of the pathfinder. It would be a perfect SUV!

Excellent Vehicle
By Jane on 12/18/09 14:38 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my vehicle used and it's been more than reliable. I had a terrible front end accident with it and it saved my life and that of my passenger. My pathfinder did what it was built to do and that was to protect the people in it. The repair shop mechanics were in awe that it could take such a beating and still be a sound enough vehicle that they recommend the rebuild rather than to right it off. I have owned new vehicles every two years for the last 40 years and this is the most reliable constant vehicle that I have ever owned. I find it comfortable a little rough sometimes, but it is built on a truck frame so what do you expect. I would recommend this vehicle it's quality built.

rattle box
By steve on 12/06/09 21:40 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my v8 pathfinder used. I was sold on the cheap price and options and I liked the V8. However, I was quickly disappointed. It started to rattle right away. The dash and door pannles are very cheap. I was also disappointed with the ground clearance it had with the bumpers and overhangs. It is not an off road vehicle! I went and traded it in on a new xterra and that was even a bigger mistake. Brand new and it rattles and squeaks. I am disappointed with Nissan. They have went down hill in quality. I will never buy a nissan again. I hope other readers will read this and not make the same mistake.

Great SUV
By joe on 11/05/09 19:06 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

love this SUV. Great power and very reliable. No problems so far with 50k miles. It has so much power and the options are amazing. I drove some other SUVs and no comparison. The patty has more space, more power, more options.The v8 can tow anything and great for on and off road.

Very Reliable
By joe on 10/31/09 05:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my v8 pathfinder for 2yrs and it has been great! The power and performance is amazing! Great options and no problems. I test drove other SUVs and there was no comparison. The pathfinder had more power than any v8 out there. The gas mileage is better than expected. It gets about 15 in the city. Well worth the v8 for 1 or 2mpg difference.

It works
By Raymond on 10/27/09 22:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a new 2008 pathfinder one year ago. Towing with the V6 engine is better than expected and is better than the V8 in other SUV I have owned. The ride is quite and comfortable. At 6'4" head room is ok, better than most other SUV's. Sound system is very good. Heated seats could use more setting than high and low. MPG is acceptable considering it will tow 6000 lbs. Looked at a lot of SUV's and Crossovers. For the money the Pathfinder's towing, headroom,interior comfort and overall performance has made it a good deal. A year after buying a Pathfinder I have no regrets.

Major Problems and Nissan Not Helping
By amandathibault on 10/25/09 14:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my pathfinder brand new. I put the first miles on this Pathfinder. Within the first few months I noticed that the paint was starting to flake in some areas. Now a year later and fighting with Nissan I have paint missing on 10 panels of the Pathfinder. Also when I went for them to do their so called "paint test" they treated me with disrespect and sexist. I requested to watch while they did this paint test and they pulled paint off my Pathfinder and told me it wasn't enough to qualify for a warranty defect. So I hope Nissan will read this and try to make it right. One other problem I have had is my left turn sign does not turn off once I make the turn.

great buy
By joe on 10/24/09 18:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have over 46k miles on my v8 pathfinder and love. I have had a honda pilot and a toyota 4 runner and there is no comparison. My 4 runner had all kinds of transmission problems and it was a dog when driving up the passes in the mountains. My pathfinder has all time 4 wheel drive option and it can switch in and out to get better gas mileage and I love the options. Made well and it's so sturdy. Love it

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.