2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Worst car in this size
By ROBER on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In two years 5 problems, the roof leaking, solenoid, valve, airbags, battery, window and two problem with solutions. Mechanical service, Maroone of Miami is the worst thing in this matter. The final point is new car with to many problems, what's next

It is a LEMON
By Hate this car! on 04/20/10 20:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Previous 1996 pathfinder owner for 13 yrs.Traded for a 2008 model-it is plastic junk. Started rattling 5 wks after purchase: windows,dash,inside AC vents makes loud noise,hatch closes so hard glass shakes and rear inside panel is dangling/rattling due to rear door, rear camera won't work when it rains, steering column is going to fall off in my lap one day, paint so thin a fingernail can scratch it, rear view mirror falls down but Nissan won't replace it. Nissan says there is a lot of plastic and I should "learn to live with the noise"! Nissan Corp has gone downhill in the quality of vehicles.

Love it!
By mrredskin on 10/16/09 01:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with the purchase. Feels almost like a luxury SUV, except for half the cost. Only mechanical issue I've had was a loose heat shield that took an hour to fix at service dept. Some controls could be arranged better, and definitely should have another 2 inches to move the driver's seat back (i'm 6'2). not uncomfortable - just can't stretch my leg out completely. i haven't second guessed myself for buying this, and i doubt i ever will.

Worse vehicle I have ever bought!
By Bon on 02/25/09 13:21 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle after reading reviews on how good this vehicle was and on advice from other people - worse mistake I have made regarding a vehicle purchase. Picked up the car and within 35 miles the check engine light came on, took it back to the service department, they said they fixed it and 35 miles later, the check engine light was back on - stayed in the shop almost 2 weeks. Have had it home 1 month and it is back in the shop now because of some other problem. I've had this car less than 2 months and it's been in the shop more than I've had it home!!!

Buy a 4Runner
By Adam on 08/03/08 10:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Was choosing between this and 4Runner. Chose Pathfinder because of option availability and price. At 7000 miles headliner (ceiling) started falling out. Took to dealer and they replaced the entire ceiling. Second ceiling was full of creases and looked far worse so it went back for a third time. They had it for five days and it came back with many faults. Stains on sunroof, ill-fitting, scratched, and broken trim. I am waiting new parts on back order so it can go back again and they can fix all the interior bits they broke. It will never be right again.

Pathfinder Is A Solid Vehicle!
By Nissaned on 04/03/08 17:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It's a fun car to drive. The 3rd row seating is good if your riders are small kids. Do not try to pack granny or teenagers in the 3rd row. Also, there is limited leg room in the 2nd seat. But everything else about this vehicle is great. It is extremely responsive both in acceleration and manueverability. And it is a very comfortable road car. The only real drawback about this vehicle is that (I didn't do my homework) it requires premium gasoline. Oh, it will run "ok" on mid-range - but it's worth pointing out. It's otherwise a solid car and I would buy another one. Oh yes, spend the extra money and get the sunroof. It will be even more fun to drive.

2008 Pathfinder SE - transmission issue
By krcarr on 03/25/08 06:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been experiencing the same issue of bucking/thumping at or around 40mph. When lightly pressing the gas pedal the vehicle shakes or shudders but only around that speed. A senior tech witnessed the problem and said NIssan is working on it , but it had to get cleared by EPA. Not happy with this 08. Very disappointed in Nissan.

Maybe should have stuck with 4runner
By 4runner? on 03/11/08 16:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I read lots of reviews and felt comfortable with this truck, but my transmission does the same thing as some of the others here. I wish I would have dug further. The left passenger door handle is broken (I've had the truck less than two weeks) and there are several interior squeaks and rattles. I was spoiled with a 97 4runner that was bulletproof (not a squeak), but the current generation is late in its design cycle, so I steered away. I also had a great experience with my 01 Maxima, which led me to stay with Nissan. I have my doubts about the longevity of this Pathfinder, and I hope there's a recall soon for the transmission. Time will only tell if I made a mistake straying from the 4runner.

City and off road beast
By funtodrive on 03/02/08 14:07 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The truck drives great, both in the city and on dirt/gravel paths. The interior flexibility of the third and second row seats are nice. For even more additional room the front passenger seat lays flat as well. This truck contains a V6 4.0L, runs smooth and the cabin noise is relatively quite on the highway.

Not so sure worth 33k
By RMallory on 02/23/08 05:22 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2008 Nissan last October. While it has a much quieter and smoother ride than my previous SUV (a Trailblazer), I don't think it's worth the price tag I paid - my fault. The 'check engine' light came on THREE weeks after I purchased it - took dealer 2 weeks to order and replace the part. Can't quite get over this issue to enjoy the car just yet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.