Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Radiator / Trans Problem
By joeferr1

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the Engine Power of SUV no Question ask. But when I read all the BAD REVIEW on this SUV, I feel very BAD. The RADIATOR problem for this vehicle the way they made it design flow. What I did to my TRANS hose that connect to the bottom of the radiator, I Disconnected & Bi-pass the hose & connect to trans Cooler. I thick the Nissan installed the VERY BAD R A D I A T O R...

Driving in NY city
By alainw

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 08 LE and an 1998 LE pathfinder. The 08 has 16k miles on it and the 98 110k. They both are great but absolutly not comparable. The LE also has the navigation and DVD package. I never was able to achieve better than 12m/g in the city in any condition in the 08 where it is 16 m/g on the 10 years older PF. My 39 m lease on the 08 will finish in 7 weeks and I will bargain buying it from Nissan Bank. Having said that I am definitly pleased overall. But I still prefer the built and drive of the 10 years older PF (08 is built on a truck frame while 98 is a car based SUV). I find that nothing is plastic inside of the latter and the plush carpet and in it are better quality.

Favorite Features

Looks, kelyess, music box, navigation, acceleration and speed. No problem with anything. Doesn't dent easy at all (having witnessed repeatedly people opening their car doors on my car enough to rock the car but no dent it. Excellent AWD feature. The front seats are very comfortable. No transmission problems or feeling the road like some other reviewers. No leaky roofs or falling ceiling. Very very quite cabin. Superb power for a 6cyl can accelerate my way 8 lanes right post toll to make a near missed exit without compromising on anyones safety or driving. It's great on bumps and potholes, never slowed down and never broke anything.

Suggested Improvements

DVD can't be started unless u turn of the car or may be this is the only way to reset it. Voice recognition is useless always in error, while on infinity cars it never second guess you. The second row seats is loose, their is a humid smell when u fist turne the A/C. Paint scratch very easily. The 98 low gear is better and the older truck did much better in the 12/26/10 NY storm. I hope the 2013 path is rebuilt after the 98 to 2004 pfs and I will definitly buy it. I can't believe the the 98 is much better on fuel. Tail gate cloth with a loud baby startling ear drum breaking sound.

Best family 4x4 ever!
By hatchy4

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up my 2008 Pathfinder SE with Premium package only 42K's on it, drove 134km from home to get the best deal, the drive back was a real pleasure, mixed road conditions, snow, freezing rain, the works, and the Pathfinder handled it easily. All the instrument features are intuitive and extremely eay to use, no need to reference the owners manual. Dual climate control and heated seats are fantastic the lcd screen is a great size to view all the information. Really for how much kit you get its great value for your money, full side curtain airbags and Active head restraints, considered an LR3 but am extremely glad I went with the Pathfinder, the build quality is superior inside and out!

Favorite Features

To many to mention them all! I love evrything about this SUV, Lcd screen and information centre, heated seats, Dual climate control, the power of the engine. Runner boards to help the kids climb in. On a long run of mixed driving averaged 13.3 / 100kms that is much better than my old 02 escape that was averageing 16 / 100.

Suggested Improvements

Second row is a little small for large adults but perfect for the kids, in fact it has alot more head room than my old Escape so I don't have to worry about knocking my kids heads when lifting them in.

super bulletproof
By addy

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Pathfinder. Used them for company vehicles. '08 has 132,000 miles and '06 has 185,000. Can't wear them out. Cheap to maintain also due to no timing belt (chain). Super reliable, durable. Engine goes and goes. Body integrity is super! much better than the big Armadas made. So much better than anything I have driven. Fuel mileage from 18-23. Pulls everything I hook up to it. Very comfortable seating position.

Favorite Features

reliability!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

rear door handles are weird for short people.

Used '08 Pathfinder SE V8 2WD
By Kdubnyaya

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE-V8 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have a baby on the way and needed to upgrade from a Scion TC. My family only buys Nissan and have loved them. Her Pathfinder is really nice. It has 42K on it and has no squeaks or rattles. The 310 HP and 388 FT/LB Torque you can feel when the gas pedal is dropped to the floor. Just running around town in rush hour traffic it is getting 15.6 mpg. Which for a big V8 is to be expected. We bought an extended warranty that last for 3 YR or 36,000 miles. Will cost $50 for any issues that we have and Oil Changes are 50% off. Incredible vehicle and because it is a Nissan we will enjoy it for years to come.

Favorite Features

Get up and go HP, 3rd row seating, excellent ride and our Black Pathfinder is beautiful!

Suggested Improvements

More leg room for second row.