2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Radiator / Trans Problem
By joeferr1 on 10/22/11 19:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the Engine Power of SUV no Question ask. But when I read all the BAD REVIEW on this SUV, I feel very BAD. The RADIATOR problem for this vehicle the way they made it design flow. What I did to my TRANS hose that connect to the bottom of the radiator, I Disconnected & Bi-pass the hose & connect to trans Cooler. I thick the Nissan installed the VERY BAD R A D I A T O R...

Best family 4x4 ever!
By hatchy4 on 01/31/11 08:07 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up my 2008 Pathfinder SE with Premium package only 42K's on it, drove 134km from home to get the best deal, the drive back was a real pleasure, mixed road conditions, snow, freezing rain, the works, and the Pathfinder handled it easily. All the instrument features are intuitive and extremely eay to use, no need to reference the owners manual. Dual climate control and heated seats are fantastic the lcd screen is a great size to view all the information. Really for how much kit you get its great value for your money, full side curtain airbags and Active head restraints, considered an LR3 but am extremely glad I went with the Pathfinder, the build quality is superior inside and out!

super bulletproof
By addy on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Pathfinder. Used them for company vehicles. '08 has 132,000 miles and '06 has 185,000. Can't wear them out. Cheap to maintain also due to no timing belt (chain). Super reliable, durable. Engine goes and goes. Body integrity is super! much better than the big Armadas made. So much better than anything I have driven. Fuel mileage from 18-23. Pulls everything I hook up to it. Very comfortable seating position.

I like my Pathfinder
By rochrandy on 03/26/10 14:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned three Xterras, 2000, 2002, & 2004. I decided to step up to the Pathfinder. Bought it Memorial Day 2008. I have 18000 miles on it with zero problems. I pull a small trailer and the Pathfinder handles it very well. I feel that I got my money's worth when I purchased it.

It works
By Raymond on 10/27/09 22:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a new 2008 pathfinder one year ago. Towing with the V6 engine is better than expected and is better than the V8 in other SUV I have owned. The ride is quite and comfortable. At 6'4" head room is ok, better than most other SUV's. Sound system is very good. Heated seats could use more setting than high and low. MPG is acceptable considering it will tow 6000 lbs. Looked at a lot of SUV's and Crossovers. For the money the Pathfinder's towing, headroom,interior comfort and overall performance has made it a good deal. A year after buying a Pathfinder I have no regrets.

Not holding up well
By JR3701 on 10/02/09 13:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I should love this car. It's loaded with options and I got a great price on it. The problem is you get what you pay for. The quality just isn't there. The engine is noisy and unrefined. The transmission occasionally shifts slowly or roughly and makes we wonder how many problems it will have down the road. The interior already looks like it's 10 years old. The plastics aren't aging well and the leather is starting to sag. Also, an annoying clicking sound has developed, in addition to all the other interior squeaks and rattles. The ride is a rough and the whole vehicle shakes when going over bumps. To be fair, it is an suv but I previously had a 4runner and it drove a lot better.

Excellent SUV with a few wrinkles
By DocNY on 09/09/09 14:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Having gone from a Ford Explorer LXT to a Mercedes ML280, ML350, and Land Rover LR3, I had my doubts about the Nissan. I can honestly say, the Nissan is built as well if not better than my German and English rides, and has held up admirably to a variety of highway, winter, dirt roads, and trails. Only trouble has been limited to dead battery when the headlight "auto-off" feature stopped on occasion leaving technicians scratching their heads, and a faulty doorlock on passenger door made it impossible to exit vehicle from the back seat. Mild valve noise has appeared at 36K miles but too early to tell if this is meaningful.

First Pathy....but not last
By Buzzo in NY on 05/11/09 11:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I researched mid-sized SUVs for about six months before deciding to buy my Pathfinder. My comparisons were "whittled" down to the T4R, Acura MDX and NPF. Considering the MDX was about 10K more than I wanted to spend....then there were two. What ultimately made my decision easy was the financing Nissan offered and to date have not been disappointed. I only have about 7K miles on it and have not yet experienced any of the transmission "clunking" stated by other reviewers. One thing I'm keeping an eye/ear on is the amount of engine vibration that exists between 4K and 5K RPM. It seems to smooth out closer to the redline. Extremely happy so far however...

Nice
By Jackwebb182 on 04/02/09 21:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love it.. I wish it had heated seats like the Honda Pilot though. It looks good and drives great. A little unstable in high winds. Controls are positioned rather oddly.

Pathfinder Tranny/cruise/handling issues
By Aviatorduke on 01/25/09 20:22 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well built vehicle, typical Nissan workmanship and design in the build. Very happy with the power to weight. Gets up and goes for a vehicle in this class. As another contributor stated and I have to agree I too like the "throaty" sound with acceleration. Great towing power and good off road handling with the 4x4. On the downside I think the tires are too soft for the vehicle weight and at highway speed it is very sloppy and wanders. I too experience what seems like tranny lurching on downhill grades but I found if I turned the cruise off it stopped. Seems as vehicle gets driven more it is better - not sure what that is all about. During servicing I have brought that issue to dealership.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.