Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Never buy Nissan!!!
By Douglas DelPorto

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

All these Nissan SUV's had a major problem with the transmission cooler inside the radiator leaking and result being destruction of the transmission. Class action lawsuit resulted and Nissan "slithered out" of responsibility with clever lawyers. Result was only a fraction had a small portion of the actual cost covered. Very few of the thousands of affected Nissan's got a small percentage of the cost covered. The real sad issue is that Nissan did everything possible to NOT stand behind their products. It is an unhappy tale that so many thousands of Nissan owners were abandoned when this problem happened. Even the dealers are ashamed of Nissan.

Radiator / Trans Problem
By joeferr1

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the Engine Power of SUV no Question ask. But when I read all the BAD REVIEW on this SUV, I feel very BAD. The RADIATOR problem for this vehicle the way they made it design flow. What I did to my TRANS hose that connect to the bottom of the radiator, I Disconnected & Bi-pass the hose & connect to trans Cooler. I thick the Nissan installed the VERY BAD R A D I A T O R...

Best family 4x4 ever!
By hatchy4

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up my 2008 Pathfinder SE with Premium package only 42K's on it, drove 134km from home to get the best deal, the drive back was a real pleasure, mixed road conditions, snow, freezing rain, the works, and the Pathfinder handled it easily. All the instrument features are intuitive and extremely eay to use, no need to reference the owners manual. Dual climate control and heated seats are fantastic the lcd screen is a great size to view all the information.
Really for how much kit you get its great value for your money, full side curtain airbags and Active head restraints, considered an LR3 but am extremely glad I went with the Pathfinder, the build quality is superior inside and out!

To many to mention them all! I love evrything about this SUV, Lcd screen and information centre, heated seats, Dual climate control, the power of the engine. Runner boards to help the kids climb in. On a long run of mixed driving averaged 13.3 / 100kms that is much better than my old 02 escape that was averageing 16 / 100.

Second row is a little small for large adults but perfect for the kids, in fact it has alot more head room than my old Escape so I don't have to worry about knocking my kids heads when lifting them in.

super bulletproof
By addy

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Pathfinder. Used them for company vehicles. '08 has 132,000 miles and '06 has 185,000. Can't wear them out. Cheap to maintain also due to no timing belt (chain). Super reliable, durable. Engine goes and goes. Body integrity is super! much better than the big Armadas made. So much better than anything I have driven. Fuel mileage from 18-23. Pulls everything I hook up to it. Very comfortable seating position.

reliability!!!!!!!

rear door handles are weird for short people.

I like my Pathfinder
By rochrandy

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned three Xterras, 2000, 2002, & 2004. I decided to step up to the Pathfinder. Bought it Memorial Day 2008. I have 18000 miles on it with zero problems. I pull a small trailer and the Pathfinder handles it very well. I feel that I got my money's worth when I purchased it.

Backup camera

No major complaints but we all like more bells and whistles for our money. The more standard features the better the vehicle.