2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Nissan will fix it
By frank on 08/07/09 12:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle new in July 2009. I was unable to locate a 2009, there were none in all of Las Vegas. The first thing I noticed about the vehicle that was between 42 to 45 miles per hour upon removing my foot from the gas and then reapplying the vehicle bumped forward. It seems that the transmission shifted with a bump. I immediately read these reviews and found that many people experienced the same thing and that Nissan wasn't doing anything about it. I contacted Nissan Corp. and they stated they knew nothing of problem. I scheduled an appointment with my dealership who found prior alert from Nissan and fixed my vehicle with module part. No more bumping.

Love it, but there are problems.
By jgj3010 on 07/06/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car about 11 months, after selling my '04 Volvo S60 because I wanted something more useful for biking, kayaking, etc. I absolutely love this car for the utility, and the fact that it feels as nice and comfortable as my Volvo did for taking out clients, colleagues and such. I still sometimes surprise myself with its power when I pull out into Atlanta traffic. the V6 has plenty of power, don't regret not getting the V8. Overall, I love this car until I have to fill it up! I'll probably go back to a smaller car or wagon next time given the price of gas.

Ready for New Car Already
By Emily on 06/29/08 06:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I don't know why I bought it in the first place - it just had everything I needed at the time (7 passenger and still had storage room). But I've never been impressed with how it handles. Hit a pot hole and the thing feels like you could lose control. Lots of air bags and feels solid - think it would survive a crash okay. But there is something about hitting potholes. It's very roomy and I love the interior. Huge display screen is great! Only other bad thing is the gas mileage. A year ago that wasn't a problem for me. Now I'm having second thoughts. At only 16 mpg, it certainly isn't cheap.

Right Choice
By Right Choice on 03/20/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We test drove a Chevy Tahoe, a Toyota 4Runner, a Toyota Highlander, and a Nissan Pathfinder. The Pathfinder had styling, comfort, and plenty of room inside. The only negative factor we've discovered is that it tends to wander at speeds above 60 mph. No problem with transmission as described by other owners.

Beware of this vehicle
By dtbaj on 02/27/08 16:26 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The quality under the hood is not there. Transmission is rough and a/c fan causes a vibration to go through the entire vehicle when sitting still. Nissan blew this one and so did we when we purchased the vehicle.

Nice SUV
By James B. on 12/29/07 00:43 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

SUV has very nice features and more than enough power. We bought it on a Saturday, drove it during that weekend and noticed the hard downshifting when letting off the gas pedal at approx 40 MPH. Took it back to dealer Monday and service person rode with us. He said that there was a sensor that needed to be replaced. This did not fix our problems. The service dept said there is no fix at this time. They still do not have a solution.

Powerful V6 SUV
By linh tran on 10/09/07 21:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most Pathfinder I'm waiting for years with new, exellent interior layout and comfortable functions. Lots of standard features on LE model that are options on another makes. The most thing I wish Nissan to improve on this model is transmission. It has noticeable upshifts and downshifts, changes when I press or release gas pedal just right above 40 mph.This is very annoying if you are driving in town. Other than that this is a good and fun suv to drive.

Steering is dangerously bad
By Joefly5 on 09/07/07 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Drives great initially, but after about 4k miles, you'll notice a very pronounced vibration in the steering at highway speeds. Sometimes it's so severe you can barely control the car. Lots of others have this problem if you search Google, and there's no resolution at the dealership. Just plain bad engineering on this one. Wish I had known before buying.

I love my Pathfinder
By starultra on 08/16/07 04:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nissan really had to step up on the design of the interior this year. Nissan has always designed a beautiful car and SUV but when you open the doors you kept thinking what went wrong. This is my 3rd Pathfinder in 3 year. All I can say is that the redesign is great as well as the interior. The performance of the V6 is great! There is a lot of get up and go!

Pathfinder LE "08"
By AJ on 07/02/07 12:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic machine, a computer on wheels; the navigation is all one could ask for and works better than most I've seen. The driver interface with the car works well (voice interface) and is state of the art. Drove the Highlander, Envoy Denali, Saturn Outlook, and decided on Nissan for both looks and ride. So far mileage has been better than manufacturer specs.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.