2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
The perfect mix
By Cesar on 11/16/08 22:08 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the 2008 Pathfinder having in mind we travel to Mexico at least once a year and we needed a vehicle reliable on seriously hard roads. This one didn't disappoint. Its off road ability it's outstanding. Plenty of power for anybody and decent fuel economy. On the city, it delivers a quiet and smooth drive. With nearly 16000 miles on it, I haven't had the so much mentioned rough down shift issue other users reported. For me, it's the perfect mix.

A pleasant surprise
By Quia on 08/07/08 06:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2004 Isuzu Rodeo S for my '08 Pathfinder so right off the top I was immediately impressed. The exterior styling is commanding yet sleek; great ground clearance; and I was pretty pleased that the hitch was standard on the one I bought. I've seen some Pathfinders around with these weird contoured pinstripes, but mine doesn't have that fortunately. Even for a base model I was pleased with the remote keyless entry, power windows, locks and tint. It rides much smoother than my Rodeo (and the Lincoln Aviator and Acura MDX which I've driven), but not quite as nice as the Lexus GX470. The rear seats are a bit tight, but we just put the kids back there anyway.

100% reliable so far
By Dave on 05/26/08 05:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had to go out and drive my Pathfinder to see what everyone is talking about vis-a-vis the transmission. Basically it clunks if you go on and off the gas when travelling around 40mph. I drive with a smooth throttle foot so I never noticed it. My wife, on the other hand, drives with a continuous throttle-on-throttle-off style so I'd imagine that she would elicit that type of transmission behavior, but she would never notice it because, well, frankly she's mechanically clueless. Thankfully I drive it 90% of the time so I don't think we'll need to replace the transmission, u-joints, or rear diff anytime soon.

Transmission shifting
By buyingdummy on 03/18/08 12:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Pathfinder. It shifts on time, but is rough between 37 and 42 mph. Not everytime. I've had the SUV for about 2 weeks and like it otherwise. Don't consider this problem enough to reconsider.

Great SUV
By Jason on 11/10/07 13:52 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am in love with my new Pathfinder. I was torn between the Murano and the Pathfinder. The Pathfinder has so much interior room and still has tons of power when you need it.

First Pathfinder
By TEAdams on 09/13/07 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This not only my first Pathfinder, but my first Nissan. After ten years of driving my old '97 Dodge Dakota it was time for something new. I'm not big on gadgets, so the S trim was perfect for me. I was amazed by everything that came standard on the base model. I had to get the SLT package on my old Dakota for these features. The V6 actually produces 31 HP more than the 5.2L V8 in my Dakota and I only gave up 12 pound feet of torque. The Pathfinder is a pleasure to drive and handles great. It corners better than my old Dakota. The towing power is a major plus. 6000 Lbs is more than enought to pull my 5X8 trailer with a full load. I would buy another Pathfinder in a heartbeat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.