Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Nissan will fix it
By frank

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle new in July 2009. I was unable to locate a 2009, there were none in all of Las Vegas. The first thing I noticed about the vehicle that was between 42 to 45 miles per hour upon removing my foot from the gas and then reapplying the vehicle bumped forward. It seems that the transmission shifted with a bump. I immediately read these reviews and found that many people experienced the same thing and that Nissan wasn't doing anything about it. I contacted Nissan Corp. and they stated they knew nothing of problem. I scheduled an appointment with my dealership who found prior alert from Nissan and fixed my vehicle with module part. No more bumping.

My favorite feature about this vehicle is the memory seating and mirrors. It used to be so annoying readjusting everything after my wife used vehicle.

Alert others to the fix on shifting woes.

Love it, but there are problems.
By jgj3010

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car about 11 months, after selling my '04 Volvo S60 because I wanted something more useful for biking, kayaking, etc. I absolutely love this car for the utility, and the fact that it feels as nice and comfortable as my Volvo did for taking out clients, colleagues and such. I still sometimes surprise myself with its power when I pull out into Atlanta traffic. the V6 has plenty of power, don't regret not getting the V8. Overall, I love this car until I have to fill it up! I'll probably go back to a smaller car or wagon next time given the price of gas.

The room and the standard trailer hitch for my bike rack have been great. I LOVE the XM Radio; never listen to regular radio anymore. The power and the smooth ride are wonderful.

I do have the problem with the windows rattling wen they're half open. I HATE the power memory- seat. Tried to get the dealership to run it off but they didn't know how, even thought he manual says they can; I gave up on that one. The gas door spring broke, but they fixed it under warranty.

Ready for New Car Already
By Emily

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I don't know why I bought it in the first place - it just had everything I needed at the time (7 passenger and still had storage room). But I've never been impressed with how it handles. Hit a pot hole and the thing feels like you could lose control. Lots of air bags and feels solid - think it would survive a crash okay. But there is something about hitting potholes. It's very roomy and I love the interior. Huge display screen is great! Only other bad thing is the gas mileage. A year ago that wasn't a problem for me. Now I'm having second thoughts. At only 16 mpg, it certainly isn't cheap.

Interior design. Exterior color options.

Stability and control.

Right Choice
By Right Choice

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We test drove a Chevy Tahoe, a Toyota 4Runner, a Toyota Highlander, and a Nissan Pathfinder. The Pathfinder had styling, comfort, and plenty of room inside. The only negative factor we've discovered is that it tends to wander at speeds above 60 mph. No problem with transmission as described by other owners.

Love the navigation system (wouldn't consider buying a Pathfinder without it). EXTREMELY comfortable and fun to drive. 19 MPG city - 23 MPG highway.

Engine area needs additional padding to reduce engine noise during hard acceleration. Also, would like to see a 6 cylinder Pathfinder with 2 cylinder de-activation feature.

Beware of this vehicle
By dtbaj

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The quality under the hood is not there. Transmission is rough and a/c fan causes a vibration to go through the entire vehicle when sitting still. Nissan blew this one and so did we when we purchased the vehicle.

Music box and navigation are good. We like that the seats fold down flat.

New transmission