2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Radiator / Trans Problem
By joeferr1 on 10/22/11 19:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the Engine Power of SUV no Question ask. But when I read all the BAD REVIEW on this SUV, I feel very BAD. The RADIATOR problem for this vehicle the way they made it design flow. What I did to my TRANS hose that connect to the bottom of the radiator, I Disconnected & Bi-pass the hose & connect to trans Cooler. I thick the Nissan installed the VERY BAD R A D I A T O R...

Driving in NY city
By alainw on 08/18/11 20:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 08 LE and an 1998 LE pathfinder. The 08 has 16k miles on it and the 98 110k. They both are great but absolutly not comparable. The LE also has the navigation and DVD package. I never was able to achieve better than 12m/g in the city in any condition in the 08 where it is 16 m/g on the 10 years older PF. My 39 m lease on the 08 will finish in 7 weeks and I will bargain buying it from Nissan Bank. Having said that I am definitly pleased overall. But I still prefer the built and drive of the 10 years older PF (08 is built on a truck frame while 98 is a car based SUV). I find that nothing is plastic inside of the latter and the plush carpet and in it are better quality.

Best family 4x4 ever!
By hatchy4 on 01/31/11 08:07 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up my 2008 Pathfinder SE with Premium package only 42K's on it, drove 134km from home to get the best deal, the drive back was a real pleasure, mixed road conditions, snow, freezing rain, the works, and the Pathfinder handled it easily. All the instrument features are intuitive and extremely eay to use, no need to reference the owners manual. Dual climate control and heated seats are fantastic the lcd screen is a great size to view all the information. Really for how much kit you get its great value for your money, full side curtain airbags and Active head restraints, considered an LR3 but am extremely glad I went with the Pathfinder, the build quality is superior inside and out!

super bulletproof
By addy on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Pathfinder. Used them for company vehicles. '08 has 132,000 miles and '06 has 185,000. Can't wear them out. Cheap to maintain also due to no timing belt (chain). Super reliable, durable. Engine goes and goes. Body integrity is super! much better than the big Armadas made. So much better than anything I have driven. Fuel mileage from 18-23. Pulls everything I hook up to it. Very comfortable seating position.

Used '08 Pathfinder SE V8 2WD
By Kdubnyaya on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have a baby on the way and needed to upgrade from a Scion TC. My family only buys Nissan and have loved them. Her Pathfinder is really nice. It has 42K on it and has no squeaks or rattles. The 310 HP and 388 FT/LB Torque you can feel when the gas pedal is dropped to the floor. Just running around town in rush hour traffic it is getting 15.6 mpg. Which for a big V8 is to be expected. We bought an extended warranty that last for 3 YR or 36,000 miles. Will cost $50 for any issues that we have and Oil Changes are 50% off. Incredible vehicle and because it is a Nissan we will enjoy it for years to come.

Great but popping noise! Help
By vrjack on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I havens had any major problems since purchasing my Pathfinder in 2007, but this clicking noise it getting to me! Has anyone else had this problem? Was it fixed? I took it to the dealership for oil changes and I was sure to mention it every time. Its noticeable when I am coming to a stop or slowly backing up. The best way to describe it...it sounds like the little toy lawnmower with the balls inside that pops up as the child pushes it! Yeah, that popping sound more so than clicking. They said that Nissan hasn't recognized it as a problem at least the las time I asked about a year ago. I haven't had any problems driving it or anything.

100,000 miles and 0 (zero) problems!
By v880118 on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. My wife uses it to commute between Denver and Grand Is. Nebraska and she puts about 1,000 a week on it. We have towed over 5,000 lbs for 2,000 miles; excellent, it averages 17.8 mpg, has had no mechanical failures, and is still on the original brake pads and rotors with no warpage! I don't baby it, and I have to floor it often for that happy feeling. It rips in a straight line!. Seriously folks, this has been a great ride and will be for the next 100,000, I have no doubt of that.

Worst car in this size
By ROBER on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In two years 5 problems, the roof leaking, solenoid, valve, airbags, battery, window and two problem with solutions. Mechanical service, Maroone of Miami is the worst thing in this matter. The final point is new car with to many problems, what's next

MPG After Two Years
By ohlode on 08/24/10 16:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Regarding MPG on my 2008 Pathfinder S 4x4 with automatic transmission. After two years and 28K I consistently get 18.5 mpg mainly around town and usually with a small mix of expressway/freeway driving. I use 87 octane only. A/C or not it gets the same mileage. On trips I've averaged 23 mpg. Hope this is helpful. I chose the Pathfinder over the 4 Runner because of the deal. About four thousand cheaper and the base 2008 4 runner didn't even have the 3d seat as standard. Towing capacity was 1K more than the V6 4 runner. So glad I picked the Pathfinder.

Do Your Research
By Mike on 06/26/10 08:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have not had any problems until recently; 4wd and ecu, fuel pump, etc. We think this is due to the beefy 4wd and transfer casing on this model taken from the Titan/armada. Working fine one day and then 12+ error codes on the diagnostic the next. It is probably not Nissan itself, but Rather the ecu unit malfunctioning. Personally, I find this car to be solid, well-built and stylish for the category. It's no escalade or Land Rover, but performs better where it counts. Buy a warranty on any vehicle that has a "new" anything for a model year. We got the gold-preferred, so 99.9% of the car is covered, and we did this because this was the first v8 year. Glad we did.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.