2007 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Good but not Great.

2007 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

Good but not Great.
By Jay on

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Black on Black SE gets A LOT of compliments. I haven't had any problems with fit or finish. For $28k the radio feels pretty cheap. It has loads of power but the distortion is pretty bad when cranked up. No aux port or MP3 formats really limits things. The MPG is horrible, I barely get into the 20 range with my highway driving. Driving moderately or aggressively the engine feels strong, if a little too loud. Touch the gas pedal lightly and the engine roars. The third row seats and loads of cargo space proved very helpful over the holidays. The heater has an on/off feel. Its hard to get the right temperature setting. All in all its got loads of style and appeal and I am happy with my purchase.

2nd and 3rd rows are comfortable and fold flat. No carpet in the cargo area means no stains to try to clean up. Auto up and down window on drivers and passenger side. Lots of curb appeal! Go anywhere attitude. Height and visibility are excellent for a SUV of this size. Miles count down to empty tank.

The radio controls feel very cheap for a $28K SUV. The remote is very sensitive. You can set the panic button or depress the unlock button with out notice to hear the horn sounding or returning to the vehicle with the windows down. Shutting the rear hatch makes a cheap crashing noise.