Don't Buy Nissan... PLEASE STAY AWAY....Buy Toyota!
By ndallasgent on
2007 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Manufacturer radiator & Transmission Defect…. And they are very aware of the issue but will not make it apart of their recall. They’ve extended the warranty coverage to 80K miles. But the issue doesn’t start until 80,100 Miles! I own a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. I was driving 40 MPH & attempting to accelerate but the vehicle wouldn’t respond. I took the vehicle in to the dealership for a diagnostic check($100 later) only to tell me that code P0717 is the issue. Which is a cross contamination of fluids from the radiator in to the transmission and both would need replacing. But since my vehicle was over the 80K (uninformed warranty), I would have to pay $6,600! I Won't Stop Until They Do Right!!!
Favorite Features
None..... Their consumer affairs department wasn't helpful at all and I am in the process of joining a Class Action Lawsuit against them! This has to be the worst company ever!!!!!
Suggested Improvements
Do right by their customers and stop trying to find a way around not being responsible for repairs that they know is an issue!!! They should correct this issue!!!!!! The dealer also advised that the failure was a Known issue with the make & model vehicle. The vehicle was rejected and not repaired. The current mileage on the vehicle was 82,000!!!!! I Will Not Stop Until They Do Right By Their Customers!!!!! I’m going to put this on ever news outlet, radio broadcast, and also notify my attorney!!!!
By nwfinder
on 07/05/12 18:04 PM (PDT)

It's already been covered by the NY Times. If that doesn't get Nissan's attention I don't know what will.