Used 2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

TRANSMITION PROBLEM
By risoti

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Please, Please, Please don't buy 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. It is a piece of garbage. especially the transmition. all of them the transmition will get bad after 80k mile. mine was 88k mile when antifreeze filled up in the transmition. when I took to the transmition shop, there were another five Nissan Pathfinders with exact same problem. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR

Great SUV for the Price
By Sinead

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle used 6 months ago. We traded in a Hemi Magnum because we have a young child and wanted something up higher (easier to get him in and out with the car seat) and wanted rear air vents. It can easily tow a trailer with 2 motorcycles. We seriously considered the Armada, but wanted better gas mileage. Gets 16-18 mpg in town, 20-23 hwy. The Pathfinder is a little bumpy of a ride, esp. compared to my old car. It is also harder to steer, so it's not as easy to park, but maybe those are the trade offs of going from a sport car to an SUV. It is noisy as well. Lots more wind noise, etc. Back seats are not roomy-- ok for kids. Third row is ONLY for kids. Lots of cargo room.

Favorite Features

Height is good, gas mileage is reasonable for an SUV, feels safe and is comfortable even though it's a little bumpy. Rear a/c controls are a big plus. Towing capability is another plus. Leather seats are sweeeeet.

Suggested Improvements

Bumpy ride, some noise, air temp controls are awkward, back seat needs more leg room and the seat backs (in middle row) should be able to lean back a bit more.

Pathfinder
By Rebecca

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the Pathfinder new last October and it feels like I'm driving a luxury car. I love it. Aside from a few squeaks (most likely from something that needs tightening) it is awesome.

Favorite Features

I love the way the seats hug, the leg room/head room, and the style of the interior and exterior.

I did like it
By half and half

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the truck with a whole 25 miles on it. I love the power and performance this thing puts out. It's great and it's so comfortable. The heated seats are great and so is the individual climate control. I would like to say the Bose is great but most of the time it's broken. I'm now on the 3 head deck because all the ones before have just broken. Not to mention the air conditioning went out. I took it into the dealer, they said they fixed it but the second I pulled out of the dealer it went out again. The problem still hasn't stopped. Just yesterday I went to start it and it wouldn't turn over. I talked to the dealer today and they're telling me the electronics are fried so I'm stuck in a rental.

Favorite Features

The engine is great. It sings when you step on it.

Suggested Improvements

Stop the cost cutting and build a better truck. I didn't pay 32,000 to be driving a rental car for a month.

Beats a minivan
By Eckstrom

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2005 Chrysler Pacifica hit 50,000 miles and started to experience a variety of problems, so we decided to trade it in. We needed a 6+ passenger vehicle that was not a minivan. Nissan Pathfinder fits our needs perfectly. It's not much bigger than the Pacifica, but has a lot more interior space. The gas mileage has not been as awful as we expected (about 18 mpg). The 4.0 liter V6 packs a ton of power although it's fairly noisy. The front seats are not very comfortable, but power adjustable pedals allow for finding a pretty good driving position. In the rear, there's plenty of space in 2nd and 3rd rows. The vehicle drives more like a truck than a passenger car.

Favorite Features

More cargo space than the Ford Explorer, usable 3rd row seats, powerful engine, snazzy looks, standard trailer hitch, power-adjustable pedals.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, more comfortable front seats, engine noise reduction, power liftgate.