Used 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Worst Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By jem10

2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My family has owned many Nissan/Infiniti vehicles over the years and have loved them, until this one came along. We, along with many others, were faced with the dreaded transmission/radiator problem. We rebuilt the transmission, luckily had a warranty that paid for it. Then, 5 months later, the oil pump failed, which required a new timing chain tensioner along with many other simultaneous repairs, $1700 bill and 3 weeks in the shop. The TPMS light has been on for 1 year. I have had the system checked multiple times and the mechanics didn't know what was wrong with it. I have encouraged my entire family and all of my friends to choose something besides Nissans in the future.

Comfort, 4WD. The Nissan Pathfinder makes a beautiful lawn ornament.

great so far
By hiplainsdrftr

2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used w 55k on it. I researched very well before buying. put almost 10 k on it. I had a 2002 qx4 for 8 years so it reminds me of the qx4 a lot. Very fun to drive, great in snow and heavy rain w auto feature. I get around 18 mpg in mixed driving. I actually bought an auxillary cooler to avoid the trans. issue. There was already one installed on the radiator by the first owner. Very sturdy leather as always w Nissan and very nice features in the LE. Nissan should recall the radiators though, I had mine go in my 05 Titan w only 68k on it.

leather, bose radio, sunroof, auto and 4wd options. good on gas for larger suv.

Radiator recall. needs to be done by Nissan.

Another Radiator/Transmission blown! No Nissan!
By rberglund

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I discovered a small pool of purple liquid under front right tire of my 2007 Nissan Pathfinder in the garage yesterday. I discovered it was most likely a radiator leak and could have leaked into the transmission as well. I took the vehicle in today for inspection, and my concerns were confirmed. Due to the coolant mixing with the transmission fluid, I'm told it's only a matter of time before catastrophic transmission failure +$4000. The issue I have with this whole situation is Nissan is very aware of this defect, yet did not issue a recall. I found out the fix is a very simple bypass as well. There goes $5000+ out the door. All Nissan had to do was recall. Do not buy Nissan!

Recall radiator. Fix it so customers aren't stuck with a $5000 fix they never saw coming.

2007 Nissan Pathfinder Tranny/Coolant cross-contamination --DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE
By joelv698

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle brand new to replace a 2003 SE with high-mileage. The quality of the interior appeared to be subpar as most of the items are made of cheap plastic. At about 55k mi, i had a problem with the fuel sending unit, which was covered under warranty since this was common malfunction of the vehicle. Now after owning the vehicle for 7 years, it finally had a potentially catastrophic failure. The plastic inlet hose nipple to the heater core broke and sprayed coolant all through the engine compartment. I looked in the radiator and overflow tank and both had thick milky coolant which indicates cross contamination of ATF/AF. This is a common problem w/ this vehicle over 100k

Can only recommend with caveats.
By nwfinder

2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a review after 2.5 years of ownership. We bought used with 60K miles. So far we avoided the dreaded transmission blow-up by by-passing the cooler lines. Now it appear we may have the timing chain whine. Other than dodging mechanical armageddon with this SUV the only part we've replaced thus far is the fuel sending unit (under warranty). The ride is quiet and towing is excellent. I cannot recommend this vehicle unless you know for sure the radiator and timing chain has been replaced/fixed. Otherwise get a Honda or Toyota. We used to own a '97 Pathfinder and NEVER had a problem. Third row is too small for adults. Will probably have to get bigger rig when kids hit teen years.

Rear DVD, towing capacity, quiet ride - no sqeaks or rattles. MPG isn't bad for a RWD/4WD towing rig. Good get-up and go for a V6. Great exterior design.

Reliability in major components (i.e. timing chain, radiator). Interior wear is marginal. More leg room in second and third tow, more head room (which I understand they address in the new crossover version Pathfinder) However, I understand those have major CVT problems so next towing SUV for us will be Honda or Toyota.