2007 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Another Radiator/Transmission blown! No Nissan!
By rberglund on 07/23/14 21:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I discovered a small pool of purple liquid under front right tire of my 2007 Nissan Pathfinder in the garage yesterday. I discovered it was most likely a radiator leak and could have leaked into the transmission as well. I took the vehicle in today for inspection, and my concerns were confirmed. Due to the coolant mixing with the transmission fluid, I'm told it's only a matter of time before catastrophic transmission failure +$4000. The issue I have with this whole situation is Nissan is very aware of this defect, yet did not issue a recall. I found out the fix is a very simple bypass as well. There goes $5000+ out the door. All Nissan had to do was recall. Do not buy Nissan!

2007 Nissan Pathfinder Tranny/Coolant cross-contamination --DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE
By joelv698 on 01/29/14 17:14 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle brand new to replace a 2003 SE with high-mileage. The quality of the interior appeared to be subpar as most of the items are made of cheap plastic. At about 55k mi, i had a problem with the fuel sending unit, which was covered under warranty since this was common malfunction of the vehicle. Now after owning the vehicle for 7 years, it finally had a potentially catastrophic failure. The plastic inlet hose nipple to the heater core broke and sprayed coolant all through the engine compartment. I looked in the radiator and overflow tank and both had thick milky coolant which indicates cross contamination of ATF/AF. This is a common problem w/ this vehicle over 100k

Can only recommend with caveats.
By nwfinder on 06/14/13 11:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a review after 2.5 years of ownership. We bought used with 60K miles. So far we avoided the dreaded transmission blow-up by by-passing the cooler lines. Now it appear we may have the timing chain whine. Other than dodging mechanical armageddon with this SUV the only part we've replaced thus far is the fuel sending unit (under warranty). The ride is quiet and towing is excellent. I cannot recommend this vehicle unless you know for sure the radiator and timing chain has been replaced/fixed. Otherwise get a Honda or Toyota. We used to own a '97 Pathfinder and NEVER had a problem. Third row is too small for adults. Will probably have to get bigger rig when kids hit teen years.

DO NOT BUY A NISSAN
By brownjen8 on 04/24/12 17:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. I too have the same problem with radiator & transmission. I called Nissan and they will not help me because I have 103,000 miles on it. The lady I talked to was Jacenta (sp) and she told me that I did have 103,000 miles on it so they couldn't help me and hung up on me. Obviously Nissan feels that a transmission should only last 80,000 miles and if their faulty mechanics cause antifreeze to ruin your transmission they should not be held responsible. I wonder if any CEO of Nissan would take a gallon of antifreeze and dump into their transmission? That is exactly what Nissan is doing and it usually happens around the 100,000 mark from what I hear.

Educate yourself '05-08 Pathfinder Radiator issues
By nwfinder on 03/21/12 14:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The radiators in these have a major defect that destroys the transmission, torque converter and computer that controls both. If not caught before the 80,000 mile warranty will be extremely expensive to repair!!!! We own a 2007 and haven't had the issue yet and hopefully won't. It's been recommended on numerous sites to have the cooler lines that go between the radiator and transmission by-passed to a separate transmission oil cooler that can be installed fairly cheaply by any transmission shop. Anyone who has a Pathfinder and has already Passed 80,000 miles and hasn't had a transmission failure should do it immediately!!!

TRANSMITION PROBLEM
By risoti on 02/18/12 07:36 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Please, Please, Please don't buy 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. It is a piece of garbage. especially the transmition. all of them the transmition will get bad after 80k mile. mine was 88k mile when antifreeze filled up in the transmition. when I took to the transmition shop, there were another five Nissan Pathfinders with exact same problem. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR

Don't Buy Nissan... PLEASE STAY AWAY....Buy Toyota!
By ndallasgent on 06/24/11 11:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Manufacturer radiator & Transmission Defect…. And they are very aware of the issue but will not make it apart of their recall. They’ve extended the warranty coverage to 80K miles. But the issue doesn’t start until 80,100 Miles! I own a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. I was driving 40 MPH & attempting to accelerate but the vehicle wouldn’t respond. I took the vehicle in to the dealership for a diagnostic check($100 later) only to tell me that code P0717 is the issue. Which is a cross contamination of fluids from the radiator in to the transmission and both would need replacing. But since my vehicle was over the 80K (uninformed warranty), I would have to pay $6,600! I Won't Stop Until They Do Right!!!

Great midsize SUV so far.
By pathoutwest on 04/14/11 11:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought our used 2007 Pathfinder LS 4X4 in Dec '10 55K miles. After purchase I read horror stories about transmission/radiator commingling issues. Nissan will now warranty the radiator and any other components (transmission) that fail as a result of the radiator defect. Warranty is up to 8 years or 80,000 miles. We owned a '97 Pathfinder with no major issues except the mass air flow sensor. This newer Pathfinder is light years ahead of our old one. It is very quiet at highway speeds both engine and road noise seem very dampened. The third row is for kids only In 4 months we've averaged 17mpg city and 20 - 21 highway trips. Head room could be another 2 inches. Great 4 towing our camper.

Gas Gage and Oxygen Sensor Issues
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased program pathfinder with 12,000 miles on it, with the 3yr/36k mile warranty. At 36,100 miles the oxygen sensor failed on the #3 cynlinder. Then before the first year was over my gas gage began acting up (falling to zero if it gets below half of a tank.) The Nissan extera and ultima have the same reported gas gage problem but my dealer says it is unrelated. Agree with other 6 foot tall person that said the vehicle is difficult to get in and out of without hitting your head. At 45,000 miles the heater begins to blow cold when you come to a stop sign, then heats back up. The back bumper scratches VERY easily, and not durable enough to pull a 23'boat. Won't buy nissan.

I can see clearly now
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2007 Pathfinder for a few months. I used to drive a little sports car. This is really beefy in comparison. I love the roominess and the way it handles. The gas mileage is lower than I had expected. I feel like I'm constantly filling the tank. Ouch!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.