176,000 miles and still going...
By ccmercer on
2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I bought my Pathfinder new in 2006. With two kids and my job, I'm constantly on the road. This SUV has lead up to its name. It's been everywhere. I keep the oil changed regularly, on my 3rd set of tires & brakes. It does a great job. Other than the typical wear issues, the only thing I can complain about is the 93 octane fuel requirement. With gas prices as high as they are, it's not unusual to pay $60+ for a tank of gas. I tried the 87 octane the first year, and I did not like the performance. I went back to 93 octane and haven't changed. I've had nine vehicles in my life, and this is the only car I've driven that has never given me problems. It's a great vehicle.
Favorite Features
Heater warms up quick on cold mornings. Kids can adjust temp in the back. It has a VERY large capacity when all the seats are down. Example: I've slid a bedroom door in the back and closed the hatch! The paint is red, and the color is still very bright. The radio and speakers are very good, and the CD player still runs great. I love the rearview mirror auto dim when bright lights get behind me. I never have to adjust the mirror. It will pull a trailer down the highway, a four wheeler out of the swamp, a riding mower out of the shrubs. It will hold four kids and a labrador. Or four kids and two Boykin Spaniels. There are enough outlets for electonics, too. And plenty of cup holders.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage would be my biggest issue. I average 15 mpg in city and 20 mpg on highway. The running boards could be a bit stronger, and the hatch back hydraulics won't hold the door up on cold mornings.