My 1st new car is a Pathfinder
By Kevin in Colorado on
2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
In the past 8 years I have owned 2 vehicles, 1 - 1997 Jeep Wrangler and 1 - 1999 Nissan Maxima. I liked the 4x4 capability of the Jeep (which I need in Colorado) and the pickup and go / gas mileage and reliability of the Nissan. The 06 Pathfinder is the best of both worlds with style and function all in one. I bought a 2006 SE Off- road edition with less than 200 miles on it and now at just under 2000 miles I have experienced between 17.5 mpg and 19.6 mpg. I go up to Fairplay, CO from Denver at least 3 times a month and to the ski resorts about 2 times a month and get great gas mileage both up & down the mountain and in 4x4 drive. In the city I experience lower gas milage @ 17.5 mpg per tank.
Favorite Features
I'm a single guy, but I have used the 7 passenger seating a few times to go out on the town, a bachelor party, my brothers wedding & it also came in handing for family coming in from out of town. The 3rd row is small for adults, but..I didn't buy it for them- I bought it for ME & for the versatility!
Suggested Improvements
The 2nd row seat has plastic latches to fold the seats down. They feel weak & as if I'm going to break them. Thats the only quality concern I have. I would suggest to have hard plastic on the back of the 2nd row like the 3rd row has for when its folded down, that would add to the versatility.