Excellent truck, that's right... truck
By 3rd Nissan owner on
2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I've had 2 other Nissan trucks, and I knew the Pathfinder was a good buy, but I was initially set on a 4- runner. I was caught by the sleek exterior styling, but we couldn't seem to find any with the 3rd row seating, which was the main purpose of us buying a Pathfinder. I was glad to see a body-on-frame construction for this truck; I've been turned off by the uni-body design of the past pathfinders, and most/all others. My fiance and I fight over who gets to drive it to work, we already have almost 3k miles and we've only had it for about a month and a half. When this body style came out, I thought they just looked too narrow. Once you look at it from other angles, this isn't the case.
Favorite Features
Dare I say... the most powerful V6 in its class? Legendary Nissan reliability. Seamless transmission shifting. 3rd row seating standard. Plenty of seat folding combinations to accomodate almost anything. When the seats are folded flat, the cargo area seems bigger than a mid-sized pickup.
Suggested Improvements
Engine is a little loud, I don't mind it, but seems like it could be quieter. Needs slightly better gas milage. Bose stereo is slow switching CD's.