Done with It
By Roland on
2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased the car 3 years ago, I got the le with navigation and dvd. First when I got the car the screen used to tell me 325 miles to empty. Then year later went down to 290. Then again went down to 272 exactly. And I still won't get the 270. The most is 240 miles per full tank. I took it to the dealer and told me nothing wrong with it. The same day I decided to get rid of it. Same hour drove couple block to Honda dealer and I got the Odyssey true 8 passenger unlike the pathfinder 7 passenger and barley fit 6. This car has the worst fuel economy and not comfy at all. Lots of vibration when you press on gas. The hood always shaking to the point I had to stop 2 times to check on that.
Favorite Features
very nice exterior,good cargo room when you fold the third row seat.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy disaster, resale value bad, hard to access the third row, leg room for the second row is so tight, better brake and rotors, I had to replace them at 33,000 miles, better and smoother tire. Odyssey has Michelin and pathfinder no name tire. I will only recommend it to my worst enemy.
By dakota2105
on 10/24/11 19:20 PM (PDT)

Hi ive been reading all the bad reviews about this truck, you people are too quick to bad mouth nissian. here a thought, maybe you can realize that every manufacturer isn't perfect. I've been a heavy truck technnician for 15yr and also work for the US ARMY, nissian has a plastic radiator and they run the trans cooler lines into it just like the old cars and trucks but they had metal ones which were alot more durable. but it is what it is! heres a good solution, disconnect the lines from the radiator, buy a aftermarket transcooler kit ( if your from jersey i recommend Fatsco Trans in pinebrook NJ) for the kit. Their about 25-50$ pending on size for towing you can get the biggest one and it will not only solve nissians problem but also keep your tranny from overheating and make it last longer. Now you dont have to worry about the antifreeze in the trans and atf in you radiator. as for the radiator cracking the only suggestion i can think off now is to check for aftermarket performance one or wait to see if it cracks, the factory one may not because now you have decreased the added stress from the trans heat. im buying a 06 Pathfinder LE with the 4.0L A5 with 52,000mi and this is the first thing im doing when it get it. best of luck, hope it helps!