2006 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Best SUV for your money

2006 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

Best SUV for your money
By Trevor on

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The model I own is a SE 4x2 with comfort, leather and premium packages. I've only had it for a few weeks, but so far there is no problem. I spent several weeks test- driving and checking out other mid- size SUVs, i.e. 4Runner, Envoy, Explorer, before deciding on the Pathfinder. It is definitely the best SUV out there for the money, and yet there are exceptional features that other SUVs don't have. I have owned several Nissan cars, but this is my first SUV. I'm very satisfied.

Favorite Features

First, it has to be the engine. The Pathfinder breezes in & out of traffic with little effort. Other features: Handsome front end design, comfortable leather interior, pleasant/accessible dashboard. Plus, the seating is slightly higher than other SUVs', so it's more commanding view for the driver.

Suggested Improvements

It's definitely roomier up front, then gets narrower in back. I'm not sure if widening it would make sense. If you really want to fit 7 or 8 adults, might as well get the Armada. After all, this is a mid-size SUV. The rear end could need a little better styling.