Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Tire Trouble
By Stharris

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy the drive and reliability of the vehicle. However, I have gone through two sets of tires. The enter tire is constantly wearing causing the truck to make a lot of noise, use more gas and ride uncomfortably. Also, I was told that I needed to replace the timing chain for $1700.00. It is a slap in the face to me to have to put that amount of money into a vehicle this soon. I am disappointed and will not refer this vehicle to any of my friends, perhaps my enemies.

Favorite Features

The look and smooth ride with new tires.

Suggested Improvements

Please look into the frame or why the tires are wearing so soon.

95,000 trouble free miles
By kartdad805

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Pathfinder new in 12/05. We currently have 97000 trouble free miles on it. I has never been to the dealership except for routine maintenance. I am fairly confident that it will be reliable well over 2000,000 miles. I tows my son's kart trailer (6 x 12) with no problem... averaged 16.5 MPG towing over 1000 miles (good mix of flat and mountain terrain). It handles surprisingly well for a SUV. The Bose stereo is great. The 3rd row seats comes in handy for my 10-year kids (twins) and their friends. Great all-around SUV... good combination of performance, quality, features and size (not too big or small).

Favorite Features

Performance of engine/transmission, fold-flat 3rd row seat, Bose stereo, towing capacity, value.

Suggested Improvements

Better rear shocks, better OEM tires, higher qaulity dash and door panel materials. Dual climate control system could be better (heater seems to get too hot for set temperature).

06 Pathfinder
By miles

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car has done everything for us, hauling a boat to moving the kids to college and over the road trips to daily driving. The only drawback is the passenger fold flat seat is very uncomfortable for the wife. The lack of lumbar support and the tilted forward headrest a a pain in the neck. Otherwise, it has been a dream to own and very, very dependable and capable. I will buy another if they make the seating more comfortable. The paint and exterior finish is first rate and looks new today. The dealer service at Hall in Va. Beach is 1st class and I would buy another based on the dealership.

Good overall vehicle
By exrec

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was my second Pathfinder purchase. I owned an 05 brand new SE and turned it in off lease then went to my wife's honda until it was off lease. I bought the LE due to the navigation and rear DVD system for my kids. Overall the vehicle is good, and solid. The gas mileage is horrible and the navigation is harder to work then a nintendo wii. I have yet to find a direction on it.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, rear dvd

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

Fun with some flaws
By JMP

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned the Pathfinder going on 3 years and have had no major problems or issues. I do the regular maintenance visits and so far nothing out of the ordinary. I'm in awe of the Bose 10 speaker system, it sounds better than most out of the box systems I've heard. The look is great, the ride is fun and if somethings are tweaked can be a pleasure to own. This SUV is the third one I have owned (had a CR-V and Cherokee) and is the best of the bunch, but also the biggest gas guzzler of the lot. But I enjoy the power and responsiveness when I drive, so it makes up for its short comings.

Favorite Features

Bose system, moonroof, seat configuration to meet your needs. Power when needed to get through tough obstacles, hills, snow, etc.

Suggested Improvements

GAS MILEAGE!!!! This day in age, economy is best. A little wider, it is cramped in the back seat and even worse when the third row is used. More passenger leg room, it stinks when you can barely fit your 2 year old in a car seat. His feet are practically on the back seat...