2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Wish I looked around more
By spits on 09/08/06 21:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had van before and wanted a suv but at 5'0 I didn't want huge. Love the look of the Pathfinder as it goes down the road but now that I'm the one driving it I'm disappointed. Once I got my kids in it I realized it wasn't going to be a vacation car. We'll need to rent somethng more comfortable for vacations. Had the panel on the back of passenger seat fall off already and it's in for transmission problems (doesn't want to drive in "drive"- feels like it's in 3rd gear). Dealer doesn't care much. Has only 280 miles on it!! Should have gone with something else. Sportier than a minivan though and after 19 years of driving a van it's a fun vehicle to have- just not as main family vehicle.

New Owner
By USCbigJake on 08/27/06 18:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The people at Mossey were fabulous. I've had the car a little oer a week and I love driving it. Previously, I had a Honda Pilot which was excellent. The Pathfinder, although a bit smaller (at least it seems that way) has more horsepower and torque. So far I like it as much as my pilot.

Rock the Pathfinder
By TUP1 on 08/24/06 09:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drove a lot of SUVs before I decided on the Pathfinder. Four wheel drive and room are a must for me. It really didn't take much after I drove it several times and took a look at the sticker price. The vehicle works great for what I need. Golfing, mountain biking, and snowboarding are more enjoyable now with the room and power available with my Pathfinder. All my gear fits, and I have room to bring friends! I was worried about fuel economy but have found it to be reasonable. I average above 19 in the city (work) and long 70 mph trips (weekends) average 22. The build and quality of the Pathfinder is hard to beat.For the price, the Pathfinder rocks.Les Stanford,Jackson,MI hooked me.

Favorite Car Yet...
By mwc115 on 08/21/06 14:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had all kinds of Nissan cars and truck and this one is my favorite to date. I personally don't view Armada/Tahoe type trucks as practical, so I was pleased to find a nice looking reasonably sized vehicle that has seating for 7. It feels big inside and is a very comfortable ride. The extended rear is nice for when family/friends are visiting and we can fit more than 2 adults and 2 car seats. The extra storage is nice too when you are stuffing groceries and strollers in the back. All the options and buttons to press work well and are conveniently located. Also, I went on vacation 1 week after this purchase and had a Ford Explorer rental... it was 1/2 the truck the Pathfinder is...

More with Number 4
By RWP on 08/20/06 17:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Pathfinder (same model). Just finished an 890 mile trip that included approx.600 interstate miles,and the rest through the Adriondack Mts.loaded with camping gear. Quiet (the best yet), smooth ride, hugged the mt curves, and with power for hills and passing (big improvement over previous Paths. Comfortable to drive. For the most part interior & exterior design are above average. Climate control, audio, etc, no problems, no complaints. Though the enterior seems smaller I find it quite satisfactory, and the third row seats-perfect for the two grandkids. I have only chalked up just under 4,000 since March, but enough to know it's a keeper! Haven't tried off road, yet.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Burt on 08/16/06 09:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at all competing makes and models and it came down to the Pathfinder LE and the Toyota 4-Runner Limited (V8). The Pathfinder won but the Toyota was not far behind. Plenty of power, Great styling, excellent choice of options and layout. It also gets great gas mileage for a SUV of this size. I bought this Pathfinder with 15 MPG city and 21 MPG highway on the window. I can get 20.4 highway and 15 to 16 around town and average somewhere 17.4 allover. To me that's excellent. My previous Explorer Sport Trac got 16 highway and 13 around town and had a hard time passing a bicycle. I have added the (factory) XM radio and (factory) Ipod interface. Shocks are next for a tighter ride. Buy one!

Best SUV on the market
By Rusty on 08/08/06 18:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in our second Quest for a 2006 Nissan SE Pathfinder. This SUV is by far the best i have ever driven or ownded. The gas mileage could be better, but this baby has plenty of power with a 4.0 Liter V6. Very comfy and a great ride!

Just purchased
By Tracey on 07/28/06 20:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We just brought home our new SE 06 Pathfinder and love it. We upgraded to the comfort package with the A/C vents for the third row seats. I could not believe they expect to cool the third row with two tiny vents in the second. We test drove on a very HOT afternoon and I wouldn't put my child or even my dog back there without access to an A/C vent.

a woman's view
By rhonda on 07/26/06 18:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

i like the pathfinder but it is not good on gas and the defrost unit is not that great

Good to own
By Michael on 07/19/06 08:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had my Pathfinder for a year now. The cabin is roomier widthwise than the 4- Runner and being a big guy that is why I chose it plus the styling is cooler. Don't know why edmunds said it doesn't handle as well. Great cruiser for long trips. Who cares that the 3rd row is tight for adults, it is either going to be down, or used for kids. If you need to haul 7 adults frequently, buy a van.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.