Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Worst SUV I've ever owned
By Chris

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the vehicle with 39k miles. At 55k miles, the fuel sensor broke and it had to be replaced with the fuel pump since it's one unit. Cost $480. At 62k, the vehicle was vibrating and I had to spend $450 to replace the drive shaft joints. The mechanic now tells me that Pathfinders are notorious for timing chain problems which can run close to $2000. If you have a Pathfinder, sell it before it reaches 50k miles. After reading Nissan forums on the internet, I found that other owners have had the same problems. I called Nissan about the problems and they basically told me to go pound sand. I will not buy another Nissan SUV.

Bose stereo

Best vehicle we've owned
By pathfinder

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best vehicle we have ever purchased. We now have 55000 miles and it just keeps going without anything going wrong. Hall Nissan service guys make you feel like we bought a BMW--always helpful, never try to oversell anything you don't need--it is because of their service, We will buy another Nissan. My only complaint is the fold-down front passenger seat--it is uncomfortable after about an hour due to the removed area of lower lumber that allows it to fold flat--don't get that seat--she'll hate it three weeks later and tell you! Xenon headlight option would be great-- they still don't offer it on the 2010-- or I'd be trading in--I'll wait for 2011 and see--!

Power and towing

Ditch the front passenger flod down seat--it is very uncomfortable after an hour or so--really! Offer xenon HID headlights and I'd buy another one!

Way to many problems
By teresa

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The pathfinder is not a good vehicle. 30,000 miles, the motor starts at a to high idle with no oil up (knocks 2sec). Acceleration from start touchy (jerks head). Had 2 tires replaced (bad belts in them).@20,000 had rotors turned with new pads. Red braun paint on front horrible (problems embedded in paint, detail shop wants nothing to do with it) radio don't pick up closest stations clearly. Interior cloth don't clean well. The exterior rear view mirrors show distorted images and don't show you your straight path behind you. Come on people. I have talked to 3 owners and all of them have experienced at least 2 or more of these problems. For $30,000 I would have expected a better quality vehicle from Nissan.

Only the third row seating for kids.

Fix the radio,brakes,tires,paint,acceleration, mpg and many more

Great SUV for the buck
By New pathfinder owner

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just recently purchased a low mileage, used 2006 Pathfinder SE. Pretty base setup but has the sunroof and Bose Premium sound system in it. On the road it handles pretty well. V6 has a lot of punch to it and suspension makes the ride pretty smooth. Fuel economy is as expected in this SUV so no surprise there however, it's not as bad as some other ones with V8's. Haven't taken this off-road yet however I think it would perform pretty well regardless.

Look of the car is impressive as it's devoid of any swooping lines or curved pieces. It's bulky and blocky looking but that's the appeal for this thing.

Make iPod/iPhone connections standard in these vehicles. The center console could look a little more user friendly. Put a decent clock in there somewhere.

Tire Trouble
By Stharris

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy the drive and reliability of the vehicle. However, I have gone through two sets of tires. The enter tire is constantly wearing causing the truck to make a lot of noise, use more gas and ride uncomfortably. Also, I was told that I needed to replace the timing chain for $1700.00. It is a slap in the face to me to have to put that amount of money into a vehicle this soon. I am disappointed and will not refer this vehicle to any of my friends, perhaps my enemies.

The look and smooth ride with new tires.

Please look into the frame or why the tires are wearing so soon.