2006 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Excellent truck, that's right... truck
By 3rd Nissan owner on 11/30/06 12:26 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had 2 other Nissan trucks, and I knew the Pathfinder was a good buy, but I was initially set on a 4- runner. I was caught by the sleek exterior styling, but we couldn't seem to find any with the 3rd row seating, which was the main purpose of us buying a Pathfinder. I was glad to see a body-on-frame construction for this truck; I've been turned off by the uni-body design of the past pathfinders, and most/all others. My fiance and I fight over who gets to drive it to work, we already have almost 3k miles and we've only had it for about a month and a half. When this body style came out, I thought they just looked too narrow. Once you look at it from other angles, this isn't the case.

New Car Owner
By Frances on 11/11/06 20:56 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've just had my new Pathfinder for about a month now. It rides great and plenty of storage room. It does well on long road trips.

Satisfied Nissan Customer
By Brian Pancoast on 11/11/06 06:55 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned two other Nissans and this is by far the best!!! Wife and kids love. And I love it when I get to drive it...

My 1st new car is a Pathfinder
By Kevin in Colorado on 11/09/06 09:10 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In the past 8 years I have owned 2 vehicles, 1 - 1997 Jeep Wrangler and 1 - 1999 Nissan Maxima. I liked the 4x4 capability of the Jeep (which I need in Colorado) and the pickup and go / gas mileage and reliability of the Nissan. The 06 Pathfinder is the best of both worlds with style and function all in one. I bought a 2006 SE Off- road edition with less than 200 miles on it and now at just under 2000 miles I have experienced between 17.5 mpg and 19.6 mpg. I go up to Fairplay, CO from Denver at least 3 times a month and to the ski resorts about 2 times a month and get great gas mileage both up & down the mountain and in 4x4 drive. In the city I experience lower gas milage @ 17.5 mpg per tank.

Fun to drive
By RAMI on 11/01/06 12:08 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck and comfortable to drive around in town and travel great third seat to use or for extra storage great power 270hp

Good All Around Performer
By Tundrathunder on 10/31/06 09:33 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We had every intention of buying another 4Runner, unfortunately, due to the stupidity of the 3rd row seat design by Toyota in the 4Runner (the seats do NOT fold down but fold over & hang on the rear walls causing blind spots on both sides) we had to look at the Pathfinder. After our test drive and research, we found that even with the 3rd row seat up, I could not only fit my golf clubs in the cargo area, but a double stroller as well. Neither was possible in the 4Runner with the seats up or hanging. Power & comfort are better in the Pathfinder and also has a slightly better ride. Fit & finish are by far better in the 4Runner. If you have issues with gas mileage, buy a car for Pete's sake!

2006 Nissan Pathfinder
By Ray on 10/28/06 10:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV is a joy to drive. It's strongly built, runs fast and steady, great pick up and feels very secure at high speed. It is built with high quality materials and perfect fit and finish. Gas mileage is around 20-22 miles PG ( 70 miles an hour speed) on the highway and 15 in the city. This is a big SUV but does not feel big. Great vehicle for long drives and bumpy roads.

very happy with my pathfinder
By Claudia on 10/18/06 12:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

excellent car, comfortable, spacious, it takes a lot of gas, $45, now that gas is at $2.70 gallon but i drive for 7 days, very good looking truck. I can't get enough of it!

If it had better MPG, I'd be in love
By Dungeoner on 09/28/06 17:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful SUV. Feels like a truck. Something "I" like & my wife has grown to like. We gave up our Mitsu. Endeavor XLS for this. That rode fantastic. This isn't as smooth, but like I said, I prefer a truck feel & my wife feels safer with that feeling now as well, after all, we got it for her. We test drove almost the entire gamut of SUVs out there. Durango, Tahoe, Explorer, Expedition (I Loved, that one, my wife didn't like the size), Pilot, Navigator, Highlander, 4- Runner & Sequoia. We also, drove the Armada & would have gotten that if it wasn't for the size (wife again) & the fact that the one we wanted was going to take too long to get. The Pathfinder looked (wife's term, not mine!) "Cute"

Poor service
By bosco1627 on 09/20/06 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Two months old and 1400 miles power steering pump stopped working and vehicle was in shop for over a week. Horrible communication with service department. Will not shop there again for any vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.