Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Tranny
By sandy

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

There is a problem with the pathfinder that seems to be happening everywhere. For some reason the coolant from the radiator is leaking into the tranmisson and it is killing the tranny. Nissan says that is your problem not theirs. That is a cost of 7000 to fix. Can not afford to take that chance. Traded in my nissan and got another car and will never buy a nissan again.

Loving my Pathfinder!!!
By Sonia99

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2006 Pathfinder back in Sep 09 with 34k on it and so far I love this vehicle. It has proven so far to be pretty reliable. When we had the big snow storm in DC I had 2 feet of snow in front of my truck and I didn't even shovel in front of the truck because just wanted to see how strong my truck was and proved to be a monster and just drove right over it in 4WD low. It has good pickup and takeoff power as well. The truck tire pressure light came on and I was worried because didn't see no problem but sure enough 2 weeks later I had a flat tire from a nail so the sensor was right to come on. The only drawback is that I only can put 16 gallons of gas in it and the 3rd row is small.

My favorite features to this truck is the exterior and interior. I feel so cool driving it, and the BOSE radio is so good. I feel like I have a woofer system it is so clear and can get so loud. I also really love the room and comfort level for the driver. Overall I have to give this truck a 9..

I would make the 3rd row bigger and with more room and add an ipod adapter standard in all modals.

2006 Nissan Pathfinder
By melyssa 75

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this with fairly low miles 50k. It has a high idle with vibration under the driver seat when you start engine. There's an exclamation symbol thats been on since two days after purchase. I've taken it to get tires inflated but the symbol still remains. The steering is very hard ,seats are loose for some reason, when I turn I can feel it move. This vehicle aside from the steering being hard has a great takeoff,seating could be more spacious. The front seats are stiff and uncomfortable . The Bose stereo would be nice if the cd player would work. The stereo has static and bad reception and thats in town.This has been a total disappointment.

exterior look

bose stereo clarity,comfortable seats,better suspension,more interior space

Suprised at Quality Glad I got Extra War
By DRP

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Upgraded from Xterra to pathfinder. The VDC and SLIP lights on the dash have gone on and off since I got it dealer couldn't find anything wrong. At 15K I had a flat tire and found out the jack would barely lift the car high enough to change the tire on a flat surface being that I was on the shoulder it would not lift the car high enough so I had to borrow another jack to finish the job, also the jack jammed fully extended and would not go down had to drive off it. The fuel sensor went at about 47K, I purchased a ext'd 10year warranty which covered repair. The tires and brakes will be replaced this week at 51K. I average 16.7 mpg. Fun to drive aspect wore off quick quite boring to drive now.

Bose system, dual zone and rear climate controls.

Second row sliding seats to make the third row at least useful if needed. Climate controls are a pain to deal with. Fuel economy, update the body style already its boring and no flare.

Jack of All Trades!!
By Matt

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is "good" in a lot of different ways. Suspension is soft for off-roading, but skid plates, and ranchos serve it well. Highway ride is GREAT, very smooth and quite, long wheel base helps with that. Only complaint is the seats! I'm 6'4'' and I don't fit comfortably, seats could be more supportive. Rear seating is cramped but storage capacity is great. No reliability issues whatsoever yet Yes, the throttle IS touchy, but if you know how to drive a car, this shouldn't be a problem! Interior ergonomics are above average, plastics could be little bit more scratch resistant (have to be careful when cleaning). Can avg 21 mpg if you drive it at 65.

With the exception of seat comfort in all 3 rows, the ergonomics are great. Acceleration is very good, storage capacity is great. BOSE is great.

Higher quality plastics that don't scratch so easily, more comfortable seats.