2006 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews 6

2006 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
After 35,000 miles, I'm selling
By Joe on 05/15/07 19:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We own a 2006 Pathfinder LE (35,000 miles) and a 2005 Toyota 4Runner (45,000 miles). When new, I liked the Pathfinder more. Now I prefer the 4Runner. The Toyota has been trouble free, while I've been to Nissan a number of times for silly stuff: running board rubber peeled up, idler pulley noisy, driver's window slamming into track, heater control jams, door handle fell off, etc. Also, handling seems to have deteriorated to the point of being scary around turns that aren't smooth. Bad shocks? While my dealer has been superb, the car has not. Toyota does build a better vehicle. But, I love the drivetrain on the Path - very strong and smooth. Improve the suspension to the level of the drivetrain.

Best SUV for the $
By Hillcoach on 05/05/07 16:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this 06 Pathfinder a little over a year now, 18,500 miles. Excellent vehicle. Lots of power allows it to pull a trailer and/or full load of stuff with ease. With kayaks and bikes on the roof it averages about 18 mpg at 65-70 mph. Mileage as high as 22 without gear on the roof. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who tows and/or carries lots of toys on their roof. Lots of fun to drive daily and comfortable on long trips.

Least reliable vehicle I've ever owned
By Tony on 04/05/07 14:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I have owned 12 vehicles in the last 7 years; this truck has been in the shop more times in the last year than all the others combined. Items replaced: fuel gauge, all belts, window regulator, and as of today, fuel pump. We will not buy another Nissan product. Also, if you have 2 car seats, one being rear facing, forget about being comfortable if your over 5'6". We will be selling this vehicle soon.

Exceptional vehicle!
By Doug M on 03/10/07 17:37 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love my Pathfinder! Very comfortable and has been extremely dependable. Absolutely no service/dependability issues except for a broken latch on the center storage bin (which I accidentally broke). Covered under warranty. Looks terrific and great performance. Second row seating is adequate but would be tight for taller/larger people. Third row is good only for kids, but that's a given. Only disappointment has been mileage - about 15 mpg combined - and relatively small gas tank. But would still strongly recommend to anyone and would buy again without hesitation!

A rattlebox
By MPFL on 02/10/07 02:50 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Although I love the performance of this SUV (the powertrain is excellent), it has more rattles than a 1970's GM car. It has been to the dealer four times very little improvement. On the last two visits, I even asked them to "improvise" keep things from vibrating, but you can't fix a flawed design. There are too many poorly fitted plastic panels.

Beware of gas tank problem!
By John on 01/22/07 05:52 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle was fine until approx. 5000 miles, when it developed an awful squeak/creak from under vehicle. After second trip to dealer, I was told that there was a service fix which was a replacement fuel pump. After fix, squeak/creak was worse. Four more trips to Barry's and I was finally told that there were other customers with same problem, but there is no fix for it. Engineering was aware of problem. Meantime I am stuck with a $ 28,000 squeak/creak box. Beware!!!

2006 Nissan Pathfinder
By Jeff K on 01/19/07 10:24 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Pathfinder since last August and have tallied 6400 miles so far. It has all the options (leather, all airbags, sunroof, etc.) you can get on an SE accept the DVD and Navigation. Highway ride is excellent and quiet but jittery over bumps. Off- road ride on gravel and pitted roads is sure-footed and controlled. Only one trip to dealer for malfunctioning stability control sensor, replaced under warranty. Fit in finish inside is tight with no rattles or gaps. Plenty of room to haul lots of stuff when all seats are folded flat, including large dog crate and hunting equipment. Child safety seats easy to install, although middle position has no LATCH. Overall, very satisfied.

Nice first impression
By E Antrim on 01/12/07 17:22 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at Ford and Mercury products before deciding on the Pathfinder, We liked the size, exterior design, interior and features. After driving it on several road trips we noticed and issue with the steering wheel rattling around on road imperfections. It has been back to the dealership numerous times. They adjusted the steering force which helped a bit but hasn't solved the problem. We drove another vehicle off the lot and the rattle or vibration didn't show up. The dealership service manager says it is in spec and says it it normal. I wouldn't buy this vehicle again if the steering and or suspension issues would have shown up in the test drive. I wouldn't buy this vehicle again.

Great Car
By Jennifer on 01/10/07 15:18 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this suv. Perfect size. Love the third row seat that folds flat--there when you need it.

Not our first choice
By Jim Anderson on 01/03/07 11:47 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I were shopping for a Grand Cherokee. After looking at the Cherokee, we crossed the street to take a look at the Pathfinders. It did not take long for us to fall in love with this SUV. The Pathfinder pretty much sold itself.