2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Way to many problems
By teresa on 10/14/09 06:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The pathfinder is not a good vehicle. 30,000 miles, the motor starts at a to high idle with no oil up (knocks 2sec). Acceleration from start touchy (jerks head). Had 2 tires replaced (bad belts in them).@20,000 had rotors turned with new pads. Red braun paint on front horrible (problems embedded in paint, detail shop wants nothing to do with it) radio don't pick up closest stations clearly. Interior cloth don't clean well. The exterior rear view mirrors show distorted images and don't show you your straight path behind you. Come on people. I have talked to 3 owners and all of them have experienced at least 2 or more of these problems. For $30,000 I would have expected a better quality vehicle from Nissan.

Great SUV for the buck
By New pathfinder owner on 09/01/09 12:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just recently purchased a low mileage, used 2006 Pathfinder SE. Pretty base setup but has the sunroof and Bose Premium sound system in it. On the road it handles pretty well. V6 has a lot of punch to it and suspension makes the ride pretty smooth. Fuel economy is as expected in this SUV so no surprise there however, it's not as bad as some other ones with V8's. Haven't taken this off-road yet however I think it would perform pretty well regardless.

Tire Trouble
By Stharris on 08/19/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy the drive and reliability of the vehicle. However, I have gone through two sets of tires. The enter tire is constantly wearing causing the truck to make a lot of noise, use more gas and ride uncomfortably. Also, I was told that I needed to replace the timing chain for $1700.00. It is a slap in the face to me to have to put that amount of money into a vehicle this soon. I am disappointed and will not refer this vehicle to any of my friends, perhaps my enemies.

95,000 trouble free miles
By kartdad805 on 07/14/09 23:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Pathfinder new in 12/05. We currently have 97000 trouble free miles on it. I has never been to the dealership except for routine maintenance. I am fairly confident that it will be reliable well over 2000,000 miles. I tows my son's kart trailer (6 x 12) with no problem... averaged 16.5 MPG towing over 1000 miles (good mix of flat and mountain terrain). It handles surprisingly well for a SUV. The Bose stereo is great. The 3rd row seats comes in handy for my 10-year kids (twins) and their friends. Great all-around SUV... good combination of performance, quality, features and size (not too big or small).

06 Pathfinder
By miles on 07/12/09 11:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car has done everything for us, hauling a boat to moving the kids to college and over the road trips to daily driving. The only drawback is the passenger fold flat seat is very uncomfortable for the wife. The lack of lumbar support and the tilted forward headrest a a pain in the neck. Otherwise, it has been a dream to own and very, very dependable and capable. I will buy another if they make the seating more comfortable. The paint and exterior finish is first rate and looks new today. The dealer service at Hall in Va. Beach is 1st class and I would buy another based on the dealership.

Good overall vehicle
By exrec on 06/12/09 12:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was my second Pathfinder purchase. I owned an 05 brand new SE and turned it in off lease then went to my wife's honda until it was off lease. I bought the LE due to the navigation and rear DVD system for my kids. Overall the vehicle is good, and solid. The gas mileage is horrible and the navigation is harder to work then a nintendo wii. I have yet to find a direction on it.

Fun with some flaws
By JMP on 05/24/09 09:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned the Pathfinder going on 3 years and have had no major problems or issues. I do the regular maintenance visits and so far nothing out of the ordinary. I'm in awe of the Bose 10 speaker system, it sounds better than most out of the box systems I've heard. The look is great, the ride is fun and if somethings are tweaked can be a pleasure to own. This SUV is the third one I have owned (had a CR-V and Cherokee) and is the best of the bunch, but also the biggest gas guzzler of the lot. But I enjoy the power and responsiveness when I drive, so it makes up for its short comings.

Great 4x4 SUV
By Jim zraiq on 05/19/09 14:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my pathfinder le almost 2 years ago with 12,000 miles.. The car now has 35,000.. I have never had any problem with this car, it handles the snow amazingly since I live in Chicago. Much better car than 4runner or envoy. It has great look and performance and I am 100% satesfied with my purchase and I would buy it again.

2006 Pathfinder SE
By Dan on 05/08/09 05:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2001 xtera which was also a fine truck. The pathfinder was a little noisy until I put good tires on it and the noise level dropped quite a bit. My se is very tight fitting, solid on door closing I find the front seats very comfortable and my wife likes the electronic pedal adjustment. We tow a 23" boat with no problem. 45,000 miles and not one problem. Over all the best truck I have owned.

Don't Buy This Vehicle!!!
By Kurt on 12/26/08 19:04 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Pathfinder for two years. Yes, it has been reliable. But for about a year now I've noticed while washing it that thousands of little rust specs are seeping through the paint. There are now streaks of rust down the back of it after sitting for the week in my Michigan driveway (undriven) for the week. A two year old car should not be rusting out. Its pathetic. I can only guess they use inferior steel to save a little money. For once I'm glad its a lease.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.