Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

45,300 miles and going strong
By mgonzalez

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 6 years of truoble-free service pulling a 21 ft Boston Whaler (occassionally) I recently had the fuel gauge problem. The dealer notified me of the extended warranty for this issue but that it has expired a day earlier! What? I called Nissan Consumer Affairs and after some back and forth with the dealer they approved the repair under warranty. Nissan even will reimburse the $99.00 "diagnosis" fee from the dealer. I was also informed of the extended warranty for the transmission/coolant issue until 6/2014 or 80,000 miles. So far, no problems with that.
The vehicle sits outside all the time in FL. No problems with the exterior or interior. Still have the OEM tires.

Body-on-frame architecture. Most current SUV of this size (including Pathfinder) are going to flimsy uni-body construction.

When your extended tranny warranty expires on your current Pathfinder, or if it has, and you still don't have any problems, get en external tranny cooler and seal the factory system forever. You can get this done for less than $80.00. Check B & M Tranny coolers or Derale Series 8000 Plate Fin cooler.

Dangerous Car
By driver1962

2006 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder with 50,000 miles on it.
In about 2 years the car started shaking and vibrating on the highway.
I started researching and found out this is a serious problem with Nissan Pathfinders 2005-2011.
The Radiator fluid mixes with the transmission fluid and causes damage and puts i you in danger in the middle of the road.
The estimate today from Nissan dealer, $10, 088 and I owe $10, 000 on the car!
Do your homework.
The frustrating entries about this car are all over the internet, including class action lawsuits!

Recall Radiator/transmission parts and fix at no cost to consumer that trusted your product.

transmission,calipers,engine,Nissan Consumer Affairs
By n06

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just sold my Pathfinder 06 with 73K miles on it.Did not want to waste more money.I've driving Nissan since 1999.Definitely will not purches or recommend Nissan products at all.At 74k milles the car started falling apart:calipers ,brake switch,u joints,cd player ,tire air pressure sensor,radiator,transmission,timing chain ,all at once. Because of the extended warranty for the radiator I was told by Middletown Nissan dealer that I would have my radiator and the transmission replaced at
no charge .Four days later my car had a major transmission leak.Brought it back to same dealer,got charged $190 ,because only front part of transmission was replaced.Invoice states replaced transmission.

Poor customer care from Nissan dealer.Per service worker "will not provide rental car because "I'm not a regular customer"Buying 6 new cars from the same dealer did not make me "regular customer'.Nissan Consumer Affairs is a link of communiction between a customer and a dealer ;tells you the same thing as the dealer ,has no knowledge of car's parts or services being done under extended warranty ,or any kind of input in customers complaints .Car for almost $40k should last more than 5 years.

Nissan- What?!?
By samandolia

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a Pathfinder almost 2 years ago, used.
The seats were found to be so uncomfortable, my husband ALWAYS complained about how they felt like sitting on plywood.
The center console, (where you rest your arm), always made a cracking sound when leaned on, and eventually broke.The backseat cupholder was sort of loose, and eventually broke off too.
Then, when the car hit 95,000 miles, my "Service Engine Soon" light came on.
Advance Auto put the computer on it, and said it was just the way I had put the gas cap back on and it would go off.
It did, but when I filled up again, it came back on.
I got lucky & got rid of it, I knew it was about to become expensive to repair- JUNK

Sunroof, Bose stereo system, 3rd row seat

Nissan should make their seats more comfortable, and fix all the engine/ transmission problems. When they do a 'recall', they should not be allowed to limit the mileage, if it's a recall, it's a recall, that means there's a flaw with their design, or engineering, it shouldn't matter how many miles are on a vehicle.

4 Stars to 2 Stars
By kartdad805

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 2 years of owning my 2006 Pathfinder, I had nothing but good things to say.
After 4-5 years of owing...it is another story.
After the reliability of my parent's Datsun/Nissan products, I figured I would see 250,000 trouble free miles.
In the last 12 months, I have spent over $5K replacing two cat converters, u-joints, shocks, ECU relay. Today, check engine light is on again!
I am afraid of the ticking time bomb of the transmission I read about.
Carlos Goshen may have "saved" Nissan...but as with many short-term thinking cost cuttiing "businessmen", it is at the sacrifice of Nissan's reputation of quality products.
This will likely be the last Nissan product I ever buy! RIP Nissan

Don't sacrifice the reputation of Nissan quality/durability to save $100 per vehicle. The latest products from Nissan has shown that the company bottom line and profit has become more important than offering customer a great product. Bring the "old" Nissan back and get rid of "Carlos". Maybe Michelin wants him back...