2006 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
No More Nissans
By No More Nissan on 08/24/10 07:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been reading posts, I have a 2006 Pathfinder, purchased brand new and had all the problems, replaced fuel gauge, IPDM, AC problem all under warranty. But I have had to buy two catalytic converters (they were flooded when the IPDM went out but Nissan would not cover), a new radiator with the fluid into the transmission (hopefully I won't need a new transmission but that may come too), and most recent a torque converter. Once my car hit 100,000 it fell apart, this was my first Nissan and I purchased this brand thinking it would last 200,000 but I will never purchase another Nissan, my first and last.

No Longer Loyal to Nissan
By Salukifan on 08/20/10 18:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My dealership just told me we need to replace timing chain for $1300.00 (71,000 mile). 1997 Maxima has 210,000 miles. Quality now not better than other brands. Will replace with Sequoia or GM/Ford product. Appears to be a problem they won't fix. Lost my loyalty!

My last Nissan
By StevenC on 07/29/10 12:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am very sorry to say my 2006 Nissan Pathfinder will be my last Nissan vehicle. After owning this truck only 3.5 years, it has left me on the side of the road thumbing for a ride one too many times. The most recent repair is a new transmission for $4500. In my transmission research, I discovered that this was the only year model that Nissan used this particular transmission. They know there is a problem, but will not recall the vehicle. I am extremely disappointed. Before the pathfinder, I owned a Nissan Maxima and it ran like a champ and still is to this day. I will never own a Nissan product again!

Good with a few flaws
By rr on 05/05/10 13:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was a fine SUV for the price. The ride was good for a truck based SUV with plenty of power. However, with the power comes pretty meager gas mileage. On my daily commute, mainly highway driving, I barely averaged 17.5 mpg. The second row seating has relatively little leg room and is very tight with a rear facing child car seat. The car seat is literally touching the front seat unless the front seat is pulled way almost to the dash. The third row is useless for adults. It would be great if you could skip the third row and take the extra leg room. Overall, the Pathfinder is a great vehicle with great utility. Performs very well in the snow.

Tranny
By sandy on 04/26/10 10:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

There is a problem with the pathfinder that seems to be happening everywhere. For some reason the coolant from the radiator is leaking into the tranmisson and it is killing the tranny. Nissan says that is your problem not theirs. That is a cost of 7000 to fix. Can not afford to take that chance. Traded in my nissan and got another car and will never buy a nissan again.

Loving my Pathfinder!!!
By Sonia99 on 04/15/10 10:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2006 Pathfinder back in Sep 09 with 34k on it and so far I love this vehicle. It has proven so far to be pretty reliable. When we had the big snow storm in DC I had 2 feet of snow in front of my truck and I didn't even shovel in front of the truck because just wanted to see how strong my truck was and proved to be a monster and just drove right over it in 4WD low. It has good pickup and takeoff power as well. The truck tire pressure light came on and I was worried because didn't see no problem but sure enough 2 weeks later I had a flat tire from a nail so the sensor was right to come on. The only drawback is that I only can put 16 gallons of gas in it and the 3rd row is small.

2006 Nissan Pathfinder
By melyssa 75 on 04/07/10 08:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this with fairly low miles 50k. It has a high idle with vibration under the driver seat when you start engine. There's an exclamation symbol thats been on since two days after purchase. I've taken it to get tires inflated but the symbol still remains. The steering is very hard ,seats are loose for some reason, when I turn I can feel it move. This vehicle aside from the steering being hard has a great takeoff,seating could be more spacious. The front seats are stiff and uncomfortable . The Bose stereo would be nice if the cd player would work. The stereo has static and bad reception and thats in town.This has been a total disappointment.

Suprised at Quality Glad I got Extra War
By DRP on 03/23/10 17:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Upgraded from Xterra to pathfinder. The VDC and SLIP lights on the dash have gone on and off since I got it dealer couldn't find anything wrong. At 15K I had a flat tire and found out the jack would barely lift the car high enough to change the tire on a flat surface being that I was on the shoulder it would not lift the car high enough so I had to borrow another jack to finish the job, also the jack jammed fully extended and would not go down had to drive off it. The fuel sensor went at about 47K, I purchased a ext'd 10year warranty which covered repair. The tires and brakes will be replaced this week at 51K. I average 16.7 mpg. Fun to drive aspect wore off quick quite boring to drive now.

Jack of All Trades!!
By Matt on 02/17/10 19:12 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is "good" in a lot of different ways. Suspension is soft for off-roading, but skid plates, and ranchos serve it well. Highway ride is GREAT, very smooth and quite, long wheel base helps with that. Only complaint is the seats! I'm 6'4'' and I don't fit comfortably, seats could be more supportive. Rear seating is cramped but storage capacity is great. No reliability issues whatsoever yet Yes, the throttle IS touchy, but if you know how to drive a car, this shouldn't be a problem! Interior ergonomics are above average, plastics could be little bit more scratch resistant (have to be careful when cleaning). Can avg 21 mpg if you drive it at 65.

Pathfinder to Pathfinder
By TonyD on 02/10/10 16:19 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have had no major problems in the first 3yrs of ownership. Just recently, the SES alert came on. Diagnostics indicated fuel system issue. Online research has shown this is a known issue, but no help from Nissan, so I'm somewhat concerned about that. Mileage is average; decreases exponentially with aggressiveness of driving; haha. Overall, the feel of the ride was a HUGE improvement from earlier model. Cargo bay is very useful and seat conversion is very easy. It's not a roomy vehicle, but anyone who tries before buys should know that and not complain if they take it. Overall, I'm very satisfied

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.