Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Good All Around Performer
By Tundrathunder

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We had every intention of buying another 4Runner, unfortunately, due to the stupidity of the 3rd row seat design by Toyota in the 4Runner (the seats do NOT fold down but fold over & hang on the rear walls causing blind spots on both sides) we had to look at the Pathfinder. After our test drive and research, we found that even with the 3rd row seat up, I could not only fit my golf clubs in the cargo area, but a double stroller as well. Neither was possible in the 4Runner with the seats up or hanging. Power & comfort are better in the Pathfinder and also has a slightly better ride. Fit & finish are by far better in the 4Runner. If you have issues with gas mileage, buy a car for Pete's sake!

Steering wheel controls, rear climate control, cargo space, engine power, ride on the highway, interior room & comfort, sporty looks, 6 disk cd changer, dual climate control, orange dash lights, foot pedal height adjustment, dual glove compartment, center console space, multiple power outlets.

Limit noise engine, improve fit & finish, lower the rear door handles so the kids can reach them, make rear and side air bags standard as most people (women) who purchase the Pathfinder use it as a family vehicle too. Finding this option is difficult at times. Add an automatic rear roll down window.

2006 Nissan Pathfinder
By Ray

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV is a joy to drive. It's strongly built, runs fast and steady, great pick up and feels very secure at high speed. It is built with high quality materials and perfect fit and finish. Gas mileage is around 20-22 miles PG ( 70 miles an hour speed) on the highway and 15 in the city. This is a big SUV but does not feel big. Great vehicle for long drives and bumpy roads.

Exterior Look, interior design, easy to read instruments. Plenty of room for all passengers with high and clear visibility of the road and surrounding.

More solid and comfortable seats. Better gas mileage. More choice of colors.

very happy with my pathfinder
By Claudia

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

excellent car, comfortable, spacious, it takes a lot of gas, $45, now that gas is at $2.70 gallon but i drive for 7 days, very good looking truck. I can't get enough of it!

leather, sit very comfortable, AC for all the 7 sits, cousi yet big enough, drives as comfortable as a car.

a small fridge that you may plug to the AC to carry a soda or coffe.

If it had better MPG, I'd be in love
By Dungeoner

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful SUV. Feels like a truck. Something "I" like & my wife has grown to like. We gave up our Mitsu. Endeavor XLS for this. That rode fantastic. This isn't as smooth, but like I said, I prefer a truck feel & my wife feels safer with that feeling now as well, after all, we got it for her. We test drove almost the entire gamut of SUVs out there. Durango, Tahoe, Explorer, Expedition (I Loved, that one, my wife didn't like the size), Pilot, Navigator, Highlander, 4- Runner & Sequoia. We also, drove the Armada & would have gotten that if it wasn't for the size (wife again) & the fact that the one we wanted was going to take too long to get. The Pathfinder looked (wife's term, not mine!) "Cute"

Fun to drive. Fun to look at (looks like a baby Armada). 3rd row was a huge plus for us. Bose stereo shines when cranked. Can use regular unleaded with no repercussions. Hated our Endeavor for that flaw. Backseat HVAC controls are fantastic. Tires are nice & meaty. PLENTY of power from that 4.0!

Less hard plastic in the interior. Ride is a little loud. At least compared to the vehicles I have driven in. GAS MILEAGE!. I put 400 miles on mine so far. 75% of that is highway miles. The Pathfinder computer says I'm getting 14.6 MPG. *cringe* My F150 is worse than that though so it could be worse

Poor service
By bosco1627

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Two months old and 1400 miles power steering pump stopped working and vehicle was in shop for over a week. Horrible communication with service department. Will not shop there again for any vehicle.

Interior is very comfortable. DVD is a life savor with kids.