Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Poor service
By bosco1627

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Two months old and 1400 miles power steering pump stopped working and vehicle was in shop for over a week. Horrible communication with service department. Will not shop there again for any vehicle.

Interior is very comfortable. DVD is a life savor with kids.

Love it
By Dennis

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Pathfinders in the past and I would have to say that Nissan really out did themselves this time. I feel that the 2006 Pathfinder really is the best they have come out with. Way to go Nissan.

New Pathfinder Owner
By newpathyowner

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a bigger suv than my 04 Suzuki XL-7 and so far I'm glad I chose the Pathfinder. I've only had it for a week, but no major complaints. It rides very well, hardly any road noise, a lot of power and it looks good. So far, so good, so very, very good!

Exterior, running boards, space & size

Interior could use a makeover, some of the parts (glove compartment, dash) are plastic and not too attractive, cloth seats could be better, wood grain trim and Bose stereo should be standard on all models

Wish I looked around more
By spits

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had van before and wanted a suv but at 5'0 I didn't want huge. Love the look of the Pathfinder as it goes down the road but now that I'm the one driving it I'm disappointed. Once I got my kids in it I realized it wasn't going to be a vacation car. We'll need to rent somethng more comfortable for vacations. Had the panel on the back of passenger seat fall off already and it's in for transmission problems (doesn't want to drive in "drive"- feels like it's in 3rd gear). Dealer doesn't care much. Has only 280 miles on it!! Should have gone with something else. Sportier than a minivan though and after 19 years of driving a van it's a fun vehicle to have- just not as main family vehicle.

Sporty design. Nice ride for a "truck". I like the cloth interior and floor mats. Like the adjustable petal - great for shorter people. Air gets cold all the way back to the third row. Live in Texas so that's a must!

We have safety airbags, safety seatbelts but doesn't lock at 20 miles (I thought all cars did that these days) so kids have locked doors at all times. Not used to having to lock the doors every time I get in the car. Needs more interior space. Looks big on the outside but it really isn't.

New Owner
By USCbigJake

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The people at Mossey were fabulous. I've had the car a little oer a week and I love driving it. Previously, I had a Honda Pilot which was excellent. The Pathfinder, although a bit smaller (at least it seems that way) has more horsepower and torque. So far I like it as much as my pilot.

GPS, Air Conditioning, Radio & dvd.

Brakes don't seem as respond or grab the way they should.