2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
love it!
By coler1978 on 02/15/06 11:37 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the LE with Navigation a month ago and we love it. Very comfortable, versatile and stylish. We shopped for a new car for over a year and just couldn't find what we wanted - finally we settled on this and we don't regret it.

still going to buy a pathfinder
By Happy in NY on 02/03/06 21:38 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought the pathfinder. Had less than 1000 miles when my parents were driving it and they were involved in an accident. Someone ran a red light and hit them in the intersection. The truck started to spin out and flipped onto the passenger side. Thank god for the side airbags! Considering my mother had to be cut out of the car, she only sustained a bruised and sprained wrist. No other injuries, not even any scratches for my mother or father. We are currently submitting our claim with the insurance companies. But as soon as everything is settled my husband and I will be purchasing another Pathfinder. Definitely suggest you get the airbag package that is offered!

Fuel Gauge
By Ron on 01/30/06 15:52 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, BUT, it has a 21 gallon fuel tank and after the little yellow fuel light goes on and the gauge reads dead "E" it only takes 14 gallons of gas... It is still 1/3rd full and Nissan says that's normal. I spend a lot of un-needed time in the gas station when I know I can drive another 100 miles before I run out of gas. VERY ANNOYING! Also the interior blower motor makes a high-pitched ticking noise on low speeds. You can here it over the wonderful Bose sound system. I find myself heating up the car and then turning off the fan to enjoy the music. Nissan says thatÂ’s normal also. I wish I could see the artist and song on the XM radio also. Fuel economy stinks. I'm getting avg. 15 mpg.

Best Bang for your Buck
By Will Mansi on 01/22/06 02:00 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

For the money, it's the best mid-size SUV out there. 270 hp is fun to drive with sleek lines and a tough look. 3rd row seating is a solid edition. I recommend spending a few extra bucks for the leather interior on the SE model. The SE has better lease packages and if you get the leather it's virtually the same truck as the LE.

My new 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE
By j1021 on 01/17/06 14:59 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I really like my new truck. the navigation is nice but like all built in systems it's not that easy to navigate around in.

Interior cramped
By Jerry on 01/12/06 22:02 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Front interior room is tight (& I'm under 6 foot)but passable. Middle seats are OK for kids but much too tight for adults--and there's no room for anything on the floor. The rear rumble seats are for kids only. Vehicle is deceptive as its looks large enough from the outside but the interior is actually cramped. Doesn't hold enough cargo for a family of 4. Maybe we're spoiled from our van. Also, the paint quality is not so great. It scratches easily and a small chip an 1/8th of inch in diameter on the hood has rusted. In any case, should have gotten something else--perhaps a Pilot. Fortunately, its a lease so when my time is done, its gone. No more Nissans 4 me.

very very good car
By Hector on 01/11/06 18:27 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have bought the LE model of the nissan pathfinder. I bought it in super black and the interior is creame leather. This is a beautiful car especially when it's nice and shiny and clean. The engine is pretty fast 270 horse power is enough for me.Sometimes in the highway i will be putting the car 135 mph and u cant even feel it but u do see your self leaving all the cars behind and passing other vehicles trying to press there gas on me.I love it when i press the gas and your back goes against the seats. sharp on turns and wonderful in the snow espeacially when i have the auto 4x4 which the car puts 4 wheel drive when ever it needs it.

Best you can buy for the money
By Chicago on 01/11/06 18:12 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Forget for a moment that this SUV just looks cool, forget that you can get a completely loaded LE for about 5k less than a 4Runner w/o DVD and NAV. And just focus on the fact that this machine is fun to drive. I traded in my G35 for something that would handle better and the snow. I thought I would be giving up comfort and performance but that was not the case. This SUV has incredible pick up for a standard engine, very comfortable seats and loads of features (STANDARD!!!) With so much to chose from I was becoming overloaded with info, but when it came down to it - Price, Quality, Performance and Design all came in one package - the Pathfinder. I'm thrilled with this purchase.

Better than a 4runner
By Happy Pathfinder Guy on 01/09/06 23:51 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 1996 limited 4runner on a new 2006 pathfinder se and boy I am happy. I am a dedicated Toyota fan but when I compared the new 4runner to the pathfinder it was an easy choice. The interior design of the pathfinder is totally superior, especially if you need a third row. What was toyota thinking with the fold up seats? Also the performance of the pathfinder is like a sports car vs toyota's sluggish performance. The overall value of the SE with the comfort and perfomance package just is awesome - just check out the bose 10 speaker stereo...

First Pathfinder
By Jean on 01/08/06 23:51 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love the space of the pathfinder. Third row a plus. I have always owned Chevy SUV, after having this I won't go back. Engine noise a little hard to get used to-reminds me of a 4 cylinder sound. But it is great on the get go, sometimes a little too much! My pathfinder has every option available and the controls are easy to learn. Comfortable seats and lots of head and leg room.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.