Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Not our first choice
By Jim Anderson

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I were shopping for a Grand Cherokee. After looking at the Cherokee, we crossed the street to take a look at the Pathfinders. It did not take long for us to fall in love with this SUV. The Pathfinder pretty much sold itself.

Favorite Features

The interior space. For a mid sizes SUV there is enough leg room in the back seat even for a 6'5" guy like myself.

Suggested Improvements

We have not had it long enough to suggest any improvements.

Excellent truck, that's right... truck
By 3rd Nissan owner

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had 2 other Nissan trucks, and I knew the Pathfinder was a good buy, but I was initially set on a 4- runner. I was caught by the sleek exterior styling, but we couldn't seem to find any with the 3rd row seating, which was the main purpose of us buying a Pathfinder. I was glad to see a body-on-frame construction for this truck; I've been turned off by the uni-body design of the past pathfinders, and most/all others. My fiance and I fight over who gets to drive it to work, we already have almost 3k miles and we've only had it for about a month and a half. When this body style came out, I thought they just looked too narrow. Once you look at it from other angles, this isn't the case.

Favorite Features

Dare I say... the most powerful V6 in its class? Legendary Nissan reliability. Seamless transmission shifting. 3rd row seating standard. Plenty of seat folding combinations to accomodate almost anything. When the seats are folded flat, the cargo area seems bigger than a mid-sized pickup.

Suggested Improvements

Engine is a little loud, I don't mind it, but seems like it could be quieter. Needs slightly better gas milage. Bose stereo is slow switching CD's.

New Car Owner
By Frances

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've just had my new Pathfinder for about a month now. It rides great and plenty of storage room. It does well on long road trips.

Favorite Features

Areas for storage

Suggested Improvements

Steering is somewhat tight.

Satisfied Nissan Customer
By Brian Pancoast

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned two other Nissans and this is by far the best!!! Wife and kids love. And I love it when I get to drive it...

My 1st new car is a Pathfinder
By Kevin in Colorado

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In the past 8 years I have owned 2 vehicles, 1 - 1997 Jeep Wrangler and 1 - 1999 Nissan Maxima. I liked the 4x4 capability of the Jeep (which I need in Colorado) and the pickup and go / gas mileage and reliability of the Nissan. The 06 Pathfinder is the best of both worlds with style and function all in one. I bought a 2006 SE Off- road edition with less than 200 miles on it and now at just under 2000 miles I have experienced between 17.5 mpg and 19.6 mpg. I go up to Fairplay, CO from Denver at least 3 times a month and to the ski resorts about 2 times a month and get great gas mileage both up & down the mountain and in 4x4 drive. In the city I experience lower gas milage @ 17.5 mpg per tank.

Favorite Features

I'm a single guy, but I have used the 7 passenger seating a few times to go out on the town, a bachelor party, my brothers wedding & it also came in handing for family coming in from out of town. The 3rd row is small for adults, but..I didn't buy it for them- I bought it for ME & for the versatility!

Suggested Improvements

The 2nd row seat has plastic latches to fold the seats down. They feel weak & as if I'm going to break them. Thats the only quality concern I have. I would suggest to have hard plastic on the back of the 2nd row like the 3rd row has for when its folded down, that would add to the versatility.