2006 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Excellent in Mid Size SUV Category
By sylvesterson on 05/31/06 18:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It's been a great joy to drive this vehicle. Good response to the throttle. Awesome power you won't even feel that you are driving a vehicle. Good size of tires. Vehicle appearance is very good.

Great Choice!!
By Kristen on 05/30/06 19:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I looked for about 2 months before finally buying the Pathfinder. I've always had a sports car, so this jump to a mid size SUV was questionable in my search. I have so much more room. I'm so glad I jumped to the SUV!

WoW!
By I Lovr this truck on 05/26/06 10:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this truck about three months ago. And every day its fun to drive and it never gets boring.At a first glance its big bold face looks like it's ready to take on anything.The inside is comfortable.The seats are soft but offer great suport.The bose is clean and clear no matter how loud it is.The simpe fetures like one touch moon roof are great and the individual climate controll is great.How ever this is a truck and going down the free way is hard at times but the suspesion feels firm and solid.When you put your foot in it the pathfinder seems to think its a 350z it takes of burning the chick in the Chevy Taho.It holds the open road and when thrown into a curve it sicks.

Not perfect . . . but close
By brown3 on 05/23/06 05:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at every midsize SUV in this price range, and it came down to the Pathfinder LE 4x4 or 4Runner Sport. Close call, but the Pathfinder won - seats are much more comfortable, dashboard ergonomics are FAR superior, side airbags are standard. (Side airbags are NOT available in the 4Runner Sport w/leather; if you want both you have to move up to the 4Runner LTD.) My previous SUVs were an '84 Bronco and '93 Explorer - this Pathfinder trumps both. In my "hill country suburban" driving, I've gotten just under 18 mpg in my first 1100 miles on regular - about 2 mpg better than I got with my smaller, less- powerful Explorer. Plus, the Pathfinder has more US content (60%) than the 4Runner (5%).

happy off roader
By Lisa Overbaugh on 05/20/06 18:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

traded in my hyundai santa fe. the pathfinder is a way more capable and comfortable vehicle. very smooth shifting, unlike santa fe. alot of power for v6 and roomier too.

great all-round suv
By Matt on 05/17/06 15:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Pathfinder was well equiped w/ leather, Sirius radio, sunroof and stickered for $36,125. This was my first foreign car and has impressed me enough to want to buy another. It is very off-road capable, has a smooth ride on road. Has alot of cargo space. But the thing that impressed me the most is the engine and drivetrain combination. Throttle response is great and with the

Best Bang for your buck out there.
By Zak on 05/16/06 10:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I can't say enough about the Pathfinder. I read all of the reviews out there. The interior room is smaller than you think, but unless you lug around 4 6'3" adults all the time, you'll be fine. XM radio is great and DOES display the song information, you just have to set it up right. Who cares about fuel economy...it's an SUV! If you're buying it for fuel economy you're not buying the right vehicle. As far as SUVs go, I think the fuel economy is great. Car is priced extremely competitively and has great features. My only complaint thus far is that the sunroof and steering wheel controls do not light up at night. This truck drives like a dream and I have no regrets about my purchase.

Best SUV for your money
By Trevor on 05/09/06 15:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The model I own is a SE 4x2 with comfort, leather and premium packages. I've only had it for a few weeks, but so far there is no problem. I spent several weeks test- driving and checking out other mid- size SUVs, i.e. 4Runner, Envoy, Explorer, before deciding on the Pathfinder. It is definitely the best SUV out there for the money, and yet there are exceptional features that other SUVs don't have. I have owned several Nissan cars, but this is my first SUV. I'm very satisfied.

Pleased with my Pathfinder
By krazeemom on 05/07/06 09:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy driving my pathfinder. I wouldn't trade it for any other SUV. Having looked and owned other SUV's in the past I prefer the pathfinder over Ford, Chev, and Toyo SUV's the ability to access to the 3 row seat is great and the space and comfort of the 2 row seat is great. Interior is easy to clean and the teflon in the rear interior was the best idea for pets and sport equipment. Keeps me from worrying about keeping the interior clean.

The Best
By Little Rock on 04/29/06 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best SUV I've driven. I have owned 3 Ford Explorers and will never go back. Before buying I test drove the 4-Runner, but it was a lot rougher.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.