2006 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
I love nissans
By Chrisderryberry on 06/23/06 13:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Pathfinder. I love them. The purchase and the ownership are great and was great with all three SUV's.

Poor fit and finish.
By mike575 on 06/21/06 13:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Loved my 2003 Pathfinder, should have bought that off lease instead of re- leasing the new 2006 version. But, with kids, needed the 3rd row. The truck rides nice, but has had fit and finish problems since the day we got it. Tire mounted inproperly, driver door mechanism had to be replaced, brake rotors had to be refinished. All that in the 1st 2 weeks of ownership. Now, the fuel door stays open or locks closed, with no relase lever. And now, the steering feels like it has a small amount of play in it, like you fell in a car that has 80,000 miles, not 3,600! I wrote letters, the dealership is accomidating, but Nissan corporate could care less. Last Nissan I will ever purchase.

Great Car
By Jeffrey on 06/20/06 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 2nd Pathfinder and as with this our old one we enjoy this vehicle too. It gives us the room needed and the comforts too. The 2006 Pathfinder is a great vehicle to drive, a lot of power. A GREAT VEHCILEÂ…

Pathfinder Fun
By DWS on 06/13/06 21:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced a Dodge Durango with a Pathfinder. I enjoy having the same seating capacity as the Durango and a 4000 pound tow capacity in a vehicle that gets better gas mileage. Durango V8 was terrible on gas (under 13 mpg). The Pathfinder V6 is much better so far (averaging over 17 city but only have 900 miles on it to date. Also, I live in Arizona and the Durango air conditioning would not keep up. The Pathfinder has excellent air conditioning capacity. I find the handling and ride very similar in both vehicles. Pathfinder is a much quiter vehicle even though I have found more "plastic" in this vehicle as compared to the Durango.

Great SUV
By BD Bass on 06/05/06 18:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Pathfinder for 6 months, put 19,000 mi on it to date, and loved it. I've pulled a 3500 lb boat several times, and while that drops mileage to about 12 (75-80 mph) it has enough motor to keep you in the left lane. When not towing, it will out accelerate most "Pretty" cars. Handles better than most vehicles I've owned, and is the quietest by far. Bose stereo rocks. I love this vehicle, can't wait to put some performance rubber and engine enhancements on it.

another great SUV
By Brad on 06/05/06 16:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just two weeks off the lot, I took 5 passengers (2 kids) up the grapevine to the CA central valley. My MPG? 20.2! Noticeable drops in crowded fwys, but still between 16.6 and 17.4! My old '98 Pathfinder ranged between 13 and 15 putting out just 168 horses. '06 is not as agile as the previous unibody design, but more than fair trade for more power, more efficiency, more flexibility, more luxury, more safety, and more seating. Right before I bought, I test-drove the Pilot and was underwhelmed -- it wasn't even a better drive than my '98. Its leather interior looked like old Buick vinyl and its sunroof would better suit the Civic. My first right turn in the Pathfinder was all I needed.

Great Ride
By VeryHappy on 06/03/06 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We were in the market for a 4Runner and test drove a few. But in the meantime my company offered a decent discount on Nissan. So we bought a Pathfinder LE. We have had it for about 3 months now and we love it. No rattles or squeaks, it is built very well. The only complaint is the gas mileage. I am currently getting 17 mpg. You will feel every bump, it does ride like a truck. Overall, it is the best vehicle we have owned so far at this point.

Best suv of the year
By WAGMAN on 06/03/06 05:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Its one of the most fun rides, it's so qute insde with the new noise reduction sealing arround the doors and windows. It's so close to the infiniti designed suv's. And its rated one of the best full size suv economy in gas consumbtion of its size. With the high octean gas i get 20 city miles and 24 hwy miles. Takes 7 passengers including 2 kids in the 3rd row seats. The best feature is the vdc option which i recomended cause it makes curves like normal road.

Great SUV Hands Down
By ESUVEE LUVR on 06/02/06 11:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced our Lexus RX330 with the fully-loaded Nissan Pathfinder LE with Nav-DVD. Great car/truck/SUV. Best we ever had. There are some trade offs with the RX330, but all-in-all, it beats it and all of the others I have test drove. If you are concerned about fuel mileage, stay away from this, or better yet, don't get an SUV.

SE 4WD
By Jason on 06/02/06 10:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A bit tight in the front, but I'm not on the small side either. Good ride, great appearance, and awesome stereo

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.