Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off-Road SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Getting rid of it when I can
By kbsparko

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The gas mileage sucks for this type of vehicle. I have a full size truck and it gets much better mileage than Pathfinder. 77K miles and seats wearing thru, logos fell off floor mats, now I have transmission fluid in my radiator and coolant in my transmission. Dealer says cracked radiator! Seems to be a common problem from my on-line research. Maybe Nissan should stand by their product and recall these for radiator design flaw! Now Im supposed to shell out almost $6K for a 5 year-old vehicle! There are many other minor things that are starting to fail on this SUV. Too numerous to list from screws falling out to trim randomly coming lose...

Favorite Features

I do like how the engine performs. It has a lot of power

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to do a recall so other people don't have the same experience as me... New radiator and rebuild of transmission.......

Jack of All Trades!!
By Matt

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is "good" in a lot of different ways. Suspension is soft for off-roading, but skid plates, and ranchos serve it well. Highway ride is GREAT, very smooth and quite, long wheel base helps with that. Only complaint is the seats! I'm 6'4'' and I don't fit comfortably, seats could be more supportive. Rear seating is cramped but storage capacity is great. No reliability issues whatsoever yet Yes, the throttle IS touchy, but if you know how to drive a car, this shouldn't be a problem! Interior ergonomics are above average, plastics could be little bit more scratch resistant (have to be careful when cleaning). Can avg 21 mpg if you drive it at 65.

Favorite Features

With the exception of seat comfort in all 3 rows, the ergonomics are great. Acceleration is very good, storage capacity is great. BOSE is great.

Suggested Improvements

Higher quality plastics that don't scratch so easily, more comfortable seats.

Best vehicle we've owned
By pathfinder

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best vehicle we have ever purchased. We now have 55000 miles and it just keeps going without anything going wrong. Hall Nissan service guys make you feel like we bought a BMW--always helpful, never try to oversell anything you don't need--it is because of their service, We will buy another Nissan. My only complaint is the fold-down front passenger seat--it is uncomfortable after about an hour due to the removed area of lower lumber that allows it to fold flat--don't get that seat--she'll hate it three weeks later and tell you! Xenon headlight option would be great-- they still don't offer it on the 2010-- or I'd be trading in--I'll wait for 2011 and see--!

Favorite Features

Power and towing

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the front passenger flod down seat--it is very uncomfortable after an hour or so--really! Offer xenon HID headlights and I'd buy another one!

06 Pathfinder
By miles

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car has done everything for us, hauling a boat to moving the kids to college and over the road trips to daily driving. The only drawback is the passenger fold flat seat is very uncomfortable for the wife. The lack of lumbar support and the tilted forward headrest a a pain in the neck. Otherwise, it has been a dream to own and very, very dependable and capable. I will buy another if they make the seating more comfortable. The paint and exterior finish is first rate and looks new today. The dealer service at Hall in Va. Beach is 1st class and I would buy another based on the dealership.

Satisfied Nissan Customer
By Brian Pancoast

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned two other Nissans and this is by far the best!!! Wife and kids love. And I love it when I get to drive it...