Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

transmission,calipers,engine,Nissan Consumer Affairs
By n06

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just sold my Pathfinder 06 with 73K miles on it.Did not want to waste more money.I've driving Nissan since 1999.Definitely will not purches or recommend Nissan products at all.At 74k milles the car started falling apart:calipers ,brake switch,u joints,cd player ,tire air pressure sensor,radiator,transmission,timing chain ,all at once. Because of the extended warranty for the radiator I was told by Middletown Nissan dealer that I would have my radiator and the transmission replaced at no charge .Four days later my car had a major transmission leak.Brought it back to same dealer,got charged $190 ,because only front part of transmission was replaced.Invoice states replaced transmission.

Poor customer care from Nissan dealer.Per service worker "will not provide rental car because "I'm not a regular customer"Buying 6 new cars from the same dealer did not make me "regular customer'.Nissan Consumer Affairs is a link of communiction between a customer and a dealer ;tells you the same thing as the dealer ,has no knowledge of car's parts or services being done under extended warranty ,or any kind of input in customers complaints .Car for almost $40k should last more than 5 years.

No More Nissans
By No More Nissan

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been reading posts, I have a 2006 Pathfinder, purchased brand new and had all the problems, replaced fuel gauge, IPDM, AC problem all under warranty. But I have had to buy two catalytic converters (they were flooded when the IPDM went out but Nissan would not cover), a new radiator with the fluid into the transmission (hopefully I won't need a new transmission but that may come too), and most recent a torque converter. Once my car hit 100,000 it fell apart, this was my first Nissan and I purchased this brand thinking it would last 200,000 but I will never purchase another Nissan, my first and last.

Favorite Car Yet...
By mwc115

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had all kinds of Nissan cars and truck and this one is my favorite to date. I personally don't view Armada/Tahoe type trucks as practical, so I was pleased to find a nice looking reasonably sized vehicle that has seating for 7. It feels big inside and is a very comfortable ride. The extended rear is nice for when family/friends are visiting and we can fit more than 2 adults and 2 car seats. The extra storage is nice too when you are stuffing groceries and strollers in the back. All the options and buttons to press work well and are conveniently located. Also, I went on vacation 1 week after this purchase and had a Ford Explorer rental... it was 1/2 the truck the Pathfinder is...

Seat Comfort and Memory, BOSE, Interior Space, Dual Zone & Rear Temperature Control, Engine Power, Access to storage and back row seating...

Nissan needs to introduce hybrid engines soon. Plastic trim has a weird texture; I like the way it looks but it is hard to clean. If you get tan leather seats and have kids you NEED leather cleaner. Shoes leave little black foot prints all over. Tan is prettier but I should have gone charcoal.

Great SUV for the Money
By ustbond

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our new Pathfinder after a year and a half of torture in a Durango...ahhhh! What a great ride, very smooth. Engine is o.k., but I like the HEMI better(only thing I like on the Durango), but the Pathfinder has enough. Interior is well laid out, just wish they used better quality "wood" which is actually plastic, be careful, it scratches easily. We bought the car and 2 days later went on a 2500 mile road trip, (wife, daughter, the dog and I) and the Pathfinder was GREAT! The seats are very comfortable! I only wish I got the NAV. It also has an iPod interface which I did not know about until it was too late, wish I got it also. I would recommend car over any other in its class.

Bose, seats, exterior look (I think it looks a bit like the Landrover LR3), ride, PRICE. Interior is well laid out, and I love the bottle holders in the front doors.

Put the V-8 that you use in the Titan in this, WOW would that be great! Wish it had a power lift gate. Wish I could get the brushed aluminum on the LE vs. the wood.

Happy with our choice
By Carla

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I purchased the 2006 Pathfinder LE with Nav & DVD. Fully loaded. Awesome vehicle. Had a G35 coupe, but we sold it after we were married in 2005. Loved all of the features it offered on the G-35; however, it was not practical for a couple who played golf and mtn biked!. We needed a vehicle to pull our boat and to travel. We looked at the X- 5,,,wow,,,,major expensive with the options we wanted. Honda Pilot--really plain jane vehicle would had to upgrade the whole braking and cooling system. Too much trouble. We finally looked at the Pathfinder, wow,,like looking at my G-35. Every option I could dream of and then some. Perfect for us.

Definitely,,, Bose system. Dual air-a must for couples, heated seats, love the fold down seats (what room for going to Cosco's & Sam's, towing capability, nav, dvd system is awesome. Future kids will love the bose headset. Awesome,,,foot pedal adjustments for short and tall people need.

Of course, gas mileage. Tighter suspension. Rear view back up camera on Nav---like the acura. A little more leg room if possible, but it is good for us. Interior trim that won't scatch.