2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Getting rid of it when I can
By kbsparko on 01/21/11 13:10 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The gas mileage sucks for this type of vehicle. I have a full size truck and it gets much better mileage than Pathfinder. 77K miles and seats wearing thru, logos fell off floor mats, now I have transmission fluid in my radiator and coolant in my transmission. Dealer says cracked radiator! Seems to be a common problem from my on-line research. Maybe Nissan should stand by their product and recall these for radiator design flaw! Now Im supposed to shell out almost $6K for a 5 year-old vehicle! There are many other minor things that are starting to fail on this SUV. Too numerous to list from screws falling out to trim randomly coming lose...

Jack of All Trades!!
By Matt on 02/17/10 19:12 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is "good" in a lot of different ways. Suspension is soft for off-roading, but skid plates, and ranchos serve it well. Highway ride is GREAT, very smooth and quite, long wheel base helps with that. Only complaint is the seats! I'm 6'4'' and I don't fit comfortably, seats could be more supportive. Rear seating is cramped but storage capacity is great. No reliability issues whatsoever yet Yes, the throttle IS touchy, but if you know how to drive a car, this shouldn't be a problem! Interior ergonomics are above average, plastics could be little bit more scratch resistant (have to be careful when cleaning). Can avg 21 mpg if you drive it at 65.

Best vehicle we've owned
By pathfinder on 10/16/09 12:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best vehicle we have ever purchased. We now have 55000 miles and it just keeps going without anything going wrong. Hall Nissan service guys make you feel like we bought a BMW--always helpful, never try to oversell anything you don't need--it is because of their service, We will buy another Nissan. My only complaint is the fold-down front passenger seat--it is uncomfortable after about an hour due to the removed area of lower lumber that allows it to fold flat--don't get that seat--she'll hate it three weeks later and tell you! Xenon headlight option would be great-- they still don't offer it on the 2010-- or I'd be trading in--I'll wait for 2011 and see--!

06 Pathfinder
By miles on 07/12/09 11:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car has done everything for us, hauling a boat to moving the kids to college and over the road trips to daily driving. The only drawback is the passenger fold flat seat is very uncomfortable for the wife. The lack of lumbar support and the tilted forward headrest a a pain in the neck. Otherwise, it has been a dream to own and very, very dependable and capable. I will buy another if they make the seating more comfortable. The paint and exterior finish is first rate and looks new today. The dealer service at Hall in Va. Beach is 1st class and I would buy another based on the dealership.

Satisfied Nissan Customer
By Brian Pancoast on 11/11/06 06:55 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned two other Nissans and this is by far the best!!! Wife and kids love. And I love it when I get to drive it...

My 1st new car is a Pathfinder
By Kevin in Colorado on 11/09/06 09:10 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In the past 8 years I have owned 2 vehicles, 1 - 1997 Jeep Wrangler and 1 - 1999 Nissan Maxima. I liked the 4x4 capability of the Jeep (which I need in Colorado) and the pickup and go / gas mileage and reliability of the Nissan. The 06 Pathfinder is the best of both worlds with style and function all in one. I bought a 2006 SE Off- road edition with less than 200 miles on it and now at just under 2000 miles I have experienced between 17.5 mpg and 19.6 mpg. I go up to Fairplay, CO from Denver at least 3 times a month and to the ski resorts about 2 times a month and get great gas mileage both up & down the mountain and in 4x4 drive. In the city I experience lower gas milage @ 17.5 mpg per tank.

2006 Nissan Pathfinder
By Ray on 10/28/06 10:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV is a joy to drive. It's strongly built, runs fast and steady, great pick up and feels very secure at high speed. It is built with high quality materials and perfect fit and finish. Gas mileage is around 20-22 miles PG ( 70 miles an hour speed) on the highway and 15 in the city. This is a big SUV but does not feel big. Great vehicle for long drives and bumpy roads.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.