2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
transmission,calipers,engine,Nissan Consumer Affairs
By n06 on 02/02/12 13:41 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just sold my Pathfinder 06 with 73K miles on it.Did not want to waste more money.I've driving Nissan since 1999.Definitely will not purches or recommend Nissan products at all.At 74k milles the car started falling apart:calipers ,brake switch,u joints,cd player ,tire air pressure sensor,radiator,transmission,timing chain ,all at once. Because of the extended warranty for the radiator I was told by Middletown Nissan dealer that I would have my radiator and the transmission replaced at no charge .Four days later my car had a major transmission leak.Brought it back to same dealer,got charged $190 ,because only front part of transmission was replaced.Invoice states replaced transmission.

No More Nissans
By No More Nissan on 08/24/10 07:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been reading posts, I have a 2006 Pathfinder, purchased brand new and had all the problems, replaced fuel gauge, IPDM, AC problem all under warranty. But I have had to buy two catalytic converters (they were flooded when the IPDM went out but Nissan would not cover), a new radiator with the fluid into the transmission (hopefully I won't need a new transmission but that may come too), and most recent a torque converter. Once my car hit 100,000 it fell apart, this was my first Nissan and I purchased this brand thinking it would last 200,000 but I will never purchase another Nissan, my first and last.

Favorite Car Yet...
By mwc115 on 08/21/06 14:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had all kinds of Nissan cars and truck and this one is my favorite to date. I personally don't view Armada/Tahoe type trucks as practical, so I was pleased to find a nice looking reasonably sized vehicle that has seating for 7. It feels big inside and is a very comfortable ride. The extended rear is nice for when family/friends are visiting and we can fit more than 2 adults and 2 car seats. The extra storage is nice too when you are stuffing groceries and strollers in the back. All the options and buttons to press work well and are conveniently located. Also, I went on vacation 1 week after this purchase and had a Ford Explorer rental... it was 1/2 the truck the Pathfinder is...

Great SUV for the Money
By ustbond on 07/02/06 16:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our new Pathfinder after a year and a half of torture in a Durango...ahhhh! What a great ride, very smooth. Engine is o.k., but I like the HEMI better(only thing I like on the Durango), but the Pathfinder has enough. Interior is well laid out, just wish they used better quality "wood" which is actually plastic, be careful, it scratches easily. We bought the car and 2 days later went on a 2500 mile road trip, (wife, daughter, the dog and I) and the Pathfinder was GREAT! The seats are very comfortable! I only wish I got the NAV. It also has an iPod interface which I did not know about until it was too late, wish I got it also. I would recommend car over any other in its class.

Happy with our choice
By Carla on 04/15/06 09:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I purchased the 2006 Pathfinder LE with Nav & DVD. Fully loaded. Awesome vehicle. Had a G35 coupe, but we sold it after we were married in 2005. Loved all of the features it offered on the G-35; however, it was not practical for a couple who played golf and mtn biked!. We needed a vehicle to pull our boat and to travel. We looked at the X- 5,,,wow,,,,major expensive with the options we wanted. Honda Pilot--really plain jane vehicle would had to upgrade the whole braking and cooling system. Too much trouble. We finally looked at the Pathfinder, wow,,like looking at my G-35. Every option I could dream of and then some. Perfect for us.

Satisfied
By Donna on 04/08/06 18:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my pathfinder for about a month now. So far my family and I have been very satisfied with it; relatively smooth ride, awesome horse power, comfortable room, and good gas milage for a SUV. We have been happy with our purchase, and we really enjoy it.

My new 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE
By j1021 on 01/17/06 14:59 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I really like my new truck. the navigation is nice but like all built in systems it's not that easy to navigate around in.

amazing vehicle better than anything
By onlyinsalem on 12/29/05 13:04 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far its amazing I owned a 2001 Pathfinder,I just glad my wife pushed me for the all new Pathfinder, the changes more room, power and safety.

The Low Down
By Johnnysoup on 12/23/05 00:40 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this SUV for a few reasons. I've had succuss with Nissan (98 Frountier & 2000 Frountier Crew Cab) Owned a Jeep Grand Cher and had nothing but probs from brakes to trans. And I sold that after 19,000 miles. Anyways this SUV is good but not great to drive. Decent feedback but there is body sway on any quick type moves. Compared to Pilot and the Honda did NOTHING for me. Yes the Pilot does ride smoother but it's more like a station wagon feel and the interior was as blah as a 2000 Civic... Memory seats helps as I'm alot taller than the wife. Just use the key fob and the seats set up for you. Nice power to move through traffic. Brakes are fine. Soild SUV from a quality auto maker.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.