Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Dangerous Car
By driver1962

2006 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder with 50,000 miles on it. In about 2 years the car started shaking and vibrating on the highway. I started researching and found out this is a serious problem with Nissan Pathfinders 2005-2011. The Radiator fluid mixes with the transmission fluid and causes damage and puts i you in danger in the middle of the road. The estimate today from Nissan dealer, $10, 088 and I owe $10, 000 on the car! Do your homework. The frustrating entries about this car are all over the internet, including class action lawsuits!

Recall Radiator/transmission parts and fix at no cost to consumer that trusted your product.

Pathfinder Radiator leak into Tranny
By Donna from Lanc PA

2006 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a brand new Pathfinder in 2006. A few days ago, the engine light came on. I took it to Apple York Nissan(n/c the customer service in Lancaster PA is TERRIBLE) and they informed me that I need a new transmission and radiator. I looked this up online and it happens that many people have come across this. I have a HARD time swallowing the fact that I need to shell out $5900 for a car that is not even 5 years old! Does Nisan stand by ts cars? Hell no! Would I EVER buy from them again? Hell NO! Customer service was downright awful in Lancaster. York was better. This seems to be a ongoing prob with Nissan, I have researched this prob and many people have had it...its time

Nissan. Take ownership and responsibility for the prob. I purchased a brand new car from you, you do not stand by your vehicle. The car is not even 5 years old. Come on! Really?

Smooth Sailing SUV
By Ty

2006 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I used to hear of SUV as being cumbersome and consuming. But, our Nissan Pathfinder 2006 is none of that. It is very comfortable and rolls with ease. Above all our kids are always shrieking with joy whenever its time to go out with the SUV..because it has so much space for them to pull hairs and hide! I have never regretted it, more so its ability to consume as little gas as an Xterra but more satisfying for me, my spouse and our entire family

Space, family-friendly and beauty

Overall good Pathfinder
By jason

2006 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well built vehicle, but very cramped in back seat for anyone over 4 1/2 feet tall. MPG has been a constant 20 and 21 since we got. Very Quiet vehicle. slightly shorter than XTERRA, and not as rugged. Hits my head as I am getting in any door.

Engine---lotsa horsepower and torque, and the toe hitch is high for the bike rack. Rear window opens separate from the the actual rear hatch. Very smart!! Rear seat is perfect for my 9 year old!!Seats can fold down rather easily, and leave a lot of room!!

Wished the back seats were like the Xterras and can be pulled. Rear seat is very cramped. Very low ceiling. In S model, luggage rack comes, but no crossbars!!! Hard to hear radio in the 3rd row seat

my new Pathfinder
By hopper

2006 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this pathfinder. We looked at everything, 4runner, Escape, liberty, exconoix, etc... This was the most car for the money. I would have paid the same or 4 to 5,000 more for the other vehicles. This is much bigger than the other suvs. It was a lot less expensive as the 4runner. We even looked at the honda ridgeline, it was 33,000. So far this is a great fun suv. It looks good, has plenty of room inside, fun to drive, great cd player, good information center, good lights for night driving, great steering, tight steering, so so on gas usage, so far 15.6 mpg. in the city. Can't expect great gas milage with this size vehicle. Seats fold flat, good cargo area,great a/c.

love the looks of this suv,like the a/c,love the c/d player, love the room in the back for storage, good pick up this engine can move,looks nicer than the xtera and is still rugged, comes with running boards and top rails, seats are comfortable,like having rear seat a/c vents availble to use.

would like automatic locks when the suv is turned on or at 20mgh. On this model you have to lock the door it doesn't automatically lock for you,Would like the center console top to slide forward like in the Altima. Everyone wants better gas mileage no matter what you drive.That's about it