2005 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: I am torn on this review...am

2005 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

2005 Nissan Pathfinder

SE Off Road 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

I am torn on this review...am I one of the lucky ones?
By andybisnut on

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck but I am torn on the review. I had the issue where the transmission cooling lines failed, causing coolant to get into the transmission. The car would "rumble" when the torque converter engaged. Installed new radiator and flushed the heck out of the transmission. 30,000 miles later, fingers crossed, the tranny is still OK. I haven't had to replace it.

Otherwise, the Patfhfinder has been virtually bullet-proof. It's been our go-to road trip car and it's survived many brutal MN winters. Great truck. If the tranny issue didn't exist it would get a perfect score. Seriously powerful engine with lots of sound and fury. :) MPG isn't great...maybe 17-18 MPG on average.

*Engine and acceleration *Feels solidly built...rides firm but not too rough *Tight feel of steering *"Trucky" design (I don't like the 2013 crossover version) *Comfortable seats *Simple and intuitive gauges and controls *Reliable (except for the aforementioned tranny issue, obviously) *Cargo space *Third row for kids *4WD + high ground clearance in winter

*Obviously, fix the transmission cooling lines issue! *Some interior materials could be a little higher quality *MPG could be better

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review