2005 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: If I Could Turn Back Time

2005 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

XE 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

If I Could Turn Back Time
By mommaT on

2005 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoyed driving this car, right up until the transmission blew. Our gas gauge hadn't worked in a long, long time. No big deal, I just reset the mile ticker each time I filled up. But what I will NEVER understand is how a 5 year old vehicle we bought NEW at the local dealer could be worthless. We did all the scheduled maintenance, used synthetic oil, treated her well. A 5 yr old car should not need 6,000+ dollars worth of work done. This is a design flaw in the coolant system and we should NOT be on the hook for it. Nissan should be ashamed! This was the only car we had that could haul our 2 small kids and now it's junk! I don't have money to fix it, and a new car is not the budget!

I loved it when it ran. Didn't know we spent 30,000+ on a vehicle that would blow up in 5 years time.

Perhaps working out the kinks in your design BEFORE you sell the unsuspecting public your hunks of junk!