2005 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Here's the thing...

2005 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Here's the thing...
By depmodealex on

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

People complain about reliability..here's what I do. The tranny/radiator problem? I spent $200 bucks and PREVENTED the $6,000 failure by replacing the radiator myself. The problem with the secondary timing chains making a LOUD whining noise when you accelerate? Rather than pay Nissan $2000 to fix it, I paid $110 AT the dealer for the parts (which they already have packaged together because it's such a common problem with their VQ engines...which are in over 10 million vehicles, so they're NEVER going to do a recall) and fixed it myself.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Spending $400 bucks is better than $7000. Maintain your cars people, don't [non-permissible content removed] when you can prevent this

My truck, which i bought brand new in March of 05, is a beast. This vehicle is VERY heavy and powerful which results in POOR mpg (about 15 average) but it's so worth it. I love the interior room, 58 inches of rear hip room...so awesome. If only it had about 2 to 3 inches of rear legroom it'd be perfect. Overall, this vehicle has been very dependable. I love the hard plastic backs on the third row seats (which I hardly use), they're perfect for people with dogs or people who constantly haul things around.

I would LIKE to have no had to have spent money to replace my radiator and secondary timing chains, but I think this is still a reliable vehicle. The only real complaint or improvement I can think of is more 2nd row leg room wouldve been nice.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review