Not Sure what to think anymore
By Hextreme2000 on
2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Well at only 61K barely out of powertrain warranty my engine needed to be replaced. First was the catalytic converter. Replaced under warranty, got the truck back and started burning oil, NIssan 23 in NJ where I bought it, worst customer service and would never buy or service any car there, they said I needed new engine $7k repair. Called Nissan corporate and they have been helpful and covered the repair at another dealer since I have been a loyal customer for years. No complains about Nissan corporate and their service but still I don't feel confident that I won't have more problems with my Pathy. I love Nissans and I def love my Pathfinder but have not had good luck with its reliability
Favorite Features
Power and engine torque, tons of it. Truck-like handling and ride I'm used to it and I love it. Vehicle Dynamic Control, have rarely ever had to engage the 4x4
Suggested Improvements
Build quality and reliability improvements, nobody wants to spend $30K+ on a vehicle and have to be spending thousands more to keep it running only a few years after. Nissan better addresses unless they want to end up losing a lot of its loyal customers.