Nissan Finally Transmission/Radiator Issue!!
By koz5150 on
2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
To all those who have had the infamous transmission/radiator issues, I just received a letter in the mail from Nissan saying that while they are not creating a reacall for it, they are extending the warranty on the vehicle to cover this issue. They are extending the warranty to 96 months or 80K miles. While this is not the perfect solution, it should help a large number of owners. To those who already had to pay for a repair for this, it sounds like you will be able to get reimbursed for it. Hopefully you all will be receiving your letters shortly. While my 2005 Pathfinder has not yet had this issue, I just wanted to pass on the somewhat good news.
Favorite Features
Strong V6, and so far it has been a reliable vehicle. Granted my '05 only has 45K miles, but so far so good.
Suggested Improvements
Relatively boring interior design.
By esther56
on 12/13/11 15:07 PM (PST)

I also have this vehicle and have not received a letter. Does your letter state that all consumers would be notified of the extended warranty?

By jumpnjoe1
on 04/19/11 14:35 PM (PDT)

Do you have a copy of the letter. My pathfinder is going in the shop tomorrow with this problem. Thanks

By khylton
on 07/25/11 08:17 AM (PDT)

Thanks for posting the information regarding the letter (which I never received), but when I had the Pathfinder in for regular service, I inquired about the extended transmission/radiator warranty. The vehicle is in fact covered until Jul 14 or 80,000 miles.