Nice SUV, but watch out for BIG problems
By ckayakdude on
2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Bought new, have 67K miles now. No probs til now: the oft-mentioned radiator/transmission issue. $6K to fix. I want to sell the car, but wife effing-ADORES it (I do too, actually ... really nice vehicle ... accelerates like a banshee) so we'll probably get it fixed if we can't find anything she likes better. Worried about the oft-mentioned tensioner and fuel-sending unit problems since we haven't had those yet. This is a really fun SUV to drive, it's very comfortable, gets lousy gas mileage in the city (we've gotten 21 on the hwy before, though), but a 5-yr-old car shouldn't be having a $6,000 problem. If it has another, out it goes and I'll never buy another Nissan.
Favorite Features
Handles much better than my 2000 Lexus ES300. Super comfortable; plenty of legroom for 6'2" driver (this was the final selling point for me over the Honda Pilot.) Drove from Portland, OR, to San Francisco comfortably. Bose stereo. Looks very cool in black. Three-row airbags available.
Suggested Improvements
Reliability! $6000 problem on a 5-year- old car? Gimme a break! Nissan's customer service stinks too. Loved the car up to this point; now I want to trade for a Toyota 4Runner!