2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Best Bang for the Buck
By Guy on 07/31/09 20:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased our 05 Pathfinder in July 2005. $26,000 out the door. A lot of truck for the money. The 4.0 V6 delivers plenty of power. So smooth, you cant even feel the tranny shift. As far as comfort, no complaints here. I had one problem in four years. The belt tentioner had to be replaced. I love the looks and secure ride of this vehicle. I will most likely buy another one. Also looking at the Suzuki Equator (Pick-up). This vehicle is a twin to the Nissan Frontier. Suzuki give the better warranty.

Happy so far
By Eric & Amanda on 07/20/09 11:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Pathfinder after researching numerous other SUV's when the transmission in our '02 Explorer went. I loved the appearance of the PF and after a couple test drives and reading a number of reviews here, felt it best fit our needs. I get about 17.5 MPG on a mix of road and highway and just took a 300 mile road trip to upstate Vermont on 3/4 of a tank using mid-grade. Lots of power and you definitely feel it when you hit the gas. My wife likes to drive it so much more than the Explorer and she says that she feels our 1 year old is that much safer in it. Third row seating is really tough to get in and out of, but we use it so rarely, it's not an issue for us.

RECALL NEEDED
By Mommy2Bu2fullBOYS on 07/16/09 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So 2 months ago vehicle started slamming into 1st gear than Im driving home and it starts having trouble switching gears. I go home start researching transmission 05 nissan. I come across this website hear all about the radiator fluid leaking into the transmission. its gets towed to aamco and sure enough transmission is rusted out due to radiator leaking into transmission!!!!!!!! WTF recall this now I have to pay $370 a month for my payments plus $5300 to fix this problem!!! Now im driving my husbands beater to get around and we cant go anywhere as a family because our family vehicle is in the shop!

Careful of the Pathfinder
By Bigboy on 07/10/09 13:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Leased after much research, beautiful black on black. Very disappointed this is the first "foreign" vehicle I owned. Replaced under warranty, rad, ac condenser, transfer case, various fluid seals multiple times. Replaced out of warranty- ABS sensor, fuel delivery system(fuel pump), belt tensioner, heat shield clamp etc All this with leass than 60,000 miles. Dealer now chasing to lease another....... I am tempted but need to look at all of the other options out there

Stay Away from these SUVs
By Icewarped on 07/01/09 10:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the pathfinder based on previous years reliability. Google "Pathfinder Transmission" or search Edmunds discussion groups. The transmission cooler in the radiator will leak, causing anti- freeze to enter into your transmission fluid. With 70,000 miles I need a new radiator and transmission. (Warranty good up til 60K) Interior plastic is very cheap (rear cupholders broke). Squeeks everywhere Just a poorly engineered and built vehicle. Whoever the engineering team is responsible for this transmission cooler design should be beaten with blunt instruments. This will be my last nissan product. I'm selling this to purchase an older american made truck (2002-2004).

Great SUV; bad radiator design
By PathMan on 06/15/09 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've loved my PathFinder since I got it. However, I'm very upset that just as my warranty has expired I am discovering the issue of the radiator putting coolant into the transmission. This should be a recall in my opinion. If you own one, take the car to the dealer while its still under warranty and have a transmission flush and check if it needs a new radiator.

BAD RADIATOR AND TRANSMISSION
By Trina on 05/29/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in 2005 at 110,000 miles the radiator fluid leak into the transmission without any warning nor is it included in the service repair to change. To no end Nissan will not accept responsibility of a faulty radiator design. I am not the first and the last with this same problem. I will never buy another Nissan! Consumer relations stated they will not accept responsibility and states the warranty of their radiators go out at 36,000 miles.

Excellent Luxery 4x4
By Jared Salinger on 05/06/09 12:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4 new, with exactly every option we wanted, no more no less. There was one recall (for Pathfinders being driven in regions with snow) for the air bag sensor, which was replace at no charge, of course. A piece of the roof rack came loose in a car wash, and was replace by dealer under warranty, no charge. The vehicle has had no problems or issues (other than mentioned above). It has averaged 17 mpg, overall. I usually get about 18, while my wife gets abotu 16 (I'm a putster, she's a sporty driver), except during winter, inclement weather when mileage drops about 2mpg (that's when it's in all- wheel or 4x4 a lot). It's a keeper!

Happy with my Pathfinder
By Pathfinder in MA on 04/18/09 12:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

LE 4wd bought new in '05. Good power from V-6, short turning circle. Handles well in snow and sand, never gets stuck. Bose stereo is killer, holds lots of people & stuff. Fold flat 3rd row a nice option. Runs fine on regular gas, mileage stinks around town, 12-13 mpg but will get 20-21 mpg on the highway at 70 mph loaded up with stuff and people. Original equipment tires were junk after 20K miles. Replaced with Continental Cross Tracs - very happy. One little annoying squeak in dash on bumpy roads

Buyers Beware
By Pathfinder Owner on 04/08/09 11:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have read several comments from people who own a Pathfinder about the problems with the radiator leaking into the transmission. Well, now I am personally having this problem as well. The fluid has leaked into my transmission which now has to be completely overhauled and its only 3 years old and of course out of warranty. So buyers beware. We called Nissan but were basically told too bad. Until now the vehicle ran great so if you do purchase a Pathfinder then make sure you buy the extended warranty!!