2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Not Sure what to think anymore
By Hextreme2000 on 02/06/10 05:24 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well at only 61K barely out of powertrain warranty my engine needed to be replaced. First was the catalytic converter. Replaced under warranty, got the truck back and started burning oil, NIssan 23 in NJ where I bought it, worst customer service and would never buy or service any car there, they said I needed new engine $7k repair. Called Nissan corporate and they have been helpful and covered the repair at another dealer since I have been a loyal customer for years. No complains about Nissan corporate and their service but still I don't feel confident that I won't have more problems with my Pathy. I love Nissans and I def love my Pathfinder but have not had good luck with its reliability

Add these things to the transmission
By VERY disappointed on 01/30/10 19:32 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Heater blows cold air anytime you let off the gas petal. The back hatch doesn't stay up. Add to this the new transmission (July of 08) is going out. Suppose to be a year warranty...hmm we'll see what happens

transmission problems
By VERY disappointed on 01/30/10 19:23 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Pathfinder new in 2005. Around 2008 started hearing this noise that was like a vibration. Kind of like when you are sitting at a stoplight and someone's stereo is very loud. Then, it had trouble shifting while driving. Would take a while to down shift, or shift up to a higher gear. Last summer our transmission went out $5900. Now, it is doing it again! I bought a nissan to avoid problems. I have had squeaky belts, and brakes, and numerous other smaller things fixed.

No quality in catalytic converters
By Kevin on 01/25/10 18:49 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Heat shields rattle. Brakes squeak until replaced w/better brake system. 3rd catalytic converter failure w/in 40k. We have maintained the car faithfully since new (synth oil, rotate & bal tire, good fuel, cleaned fuel injectors, flushed radiator regularly). Love the car other than the continuing problems with catalytic converters. We have had 5 Nissans and have been loyal Nissan customers for 15 years. Dealership told us contact Nissan Corporate Customer Service because of several complaints w/ catalytic converters. Nissan Customer Service said too bad too sad...said "we don't qualify for help" implied we don't spend enough at Nissan. Don't worry Nissan. We won't spend anymore! Buy American!

?
By pathon24 on 12/01/09 01:19 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2005 pathfinder and everything squeaks no major motor problems at 60 k I have 24 inch rims and tires on back rear out of line will eat up tires and the truck makes a million noises and eats gas but very reliable....

Purchased NEW-Delivers Good NEWS
By Jerry L. on 11/19/09 15:14 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When we moved to Texas, we purchased Ms.Path (05 Nissan Pathfinder) because of six adjustable vents for cold air/heater (2 each rows & 2nd/3rd row is attached on top). We've checked most SUV and Ms.Path has the only vent system ever built. We've been to family road trips coast to coast at least once a year: some were non-stop to Northern CA, FL. and Midwest that Ms.Path gave us comfort, safety and stress-free trips. At this time, Ms.Path haven't had any minor/or major repairs. She was just following the preventive maintenance such as dealers oil/filter change, fluid change and proper tire inflations/rotations. Ms.Path has power to accelerate, powerful enough if needs for speed.

Nice SUV
By squarehead on 10/21/09 13:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Lease return bought from a friend at buy out for 17730 what a great deal. 88000 km. extended warranty to 120000 km and 2 more years. Fuel sending unit screwed, replaced for free under extended warranty. Great service so far from Nissan. Super fun drive, way nicer than my 2007 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon. Poor MPG a little better than the jeep. Way more power than the jeep but jeep better off road. No trani problems but will keep a eye on it with their still being extended warranty.

Watch out on transmissions!!!!
By Joe on 10/20/09 23:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2005 just went dead with only 50K miles on it and the dealer says the transmission is done and needs to be replaced out of warranty at a cost of $5K!!!! What kind of a car is this??? Do I have any chance of getting this replaced by Nissan at their cost? Last time I buy a lemon from this company!!

worst bumpers ever
By vadim on 10/08/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Cheap plastic inside and outside - everything inside breaks - plastic covers on the side of the seat broke, central storage bin in between passenger seat and driver’s seat also broke. But the worst things is the bumpers - for a car of this class - a big suv, these bumpers are very flimsy.. Minor things will cause them to break, crack, tea and lose paint. Horrible. Cd player broke - cd's get stuck. Also the whole car makes noises - squeaking and rattling everywhere. Dealer said it's normal and couldn’t fix it. Horrible gas mileage – 12 mpg city / 16 highway, made no difference if putting super, premium or regular gas.

Really happy with my pre-owned Pathfinde
By CW004 on 08/26/09 08:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought our 05 Pathfinder used in July '08 with about 40,000 miles on it. We are really liking it. PROs: Great performance with so-so gas mileage. I did get just over 20 miles/gal once on a 400 mile road trip though. Around town it's getting between 15 and 16. I have also towed a heavy load (around 5000 lbs) a couple of times for a couple hundred miles and it still performed well. CONS: -At about 50,000 miles, our gas gauge is working only intermittently. Sometimes it reads fine, other times it sits on "E" after a fill up. -Only other con is a heat shield or 2 on the underbody has started rattling. Over all this is a great rig with great performance and lots of room.