Used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Crap, it happened to mine also!
By Paul

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ok, I just bought this pathfinder and traded my other 2 decent vehicles in on it thinking that since this is a Nissan it would last forever and it was newer than my other 2/well as soon as I bought it it started jerking bad and come to find out it is of course the trans and radiator/and as of right this minute it has been in shop for over a week having trans rebuilt and radiator replaced at the expense of the car dealership luckily. I love this vehicle but Nissan needs to step up to the plate and fix their junky parts! Once the radiator leaks antifreeze in trans it is messed up. Good luck and hopefully mine will be like new now

Comfort, roomy, Bose stereo rocks, fun to drive

I don't like the heater control knobs and having to take extra time turning it up and down. Why would there not be factory made floor mats under the middle row seats that flip up on the spot where people step on when getting in the back?

Nissan quality sinks
By welshy

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely problematic and the reviews don't tell the issues that this generation is experiencing. Problems to date at mile occurred Fuel sending unit 57K Front U -Joint 57k Catalytic converters (all) 71K Engine 75k (due to converter failure, pieces got into the engine) transmission failure do to design issue with radiator (class action lawsuit pending, I have luckily not had this issue to date)

build a reliable vehicle and stand behind it even when out of warranty if failure is do to poor design. You charge $35-$40 K for a pile of garbage that can't even make 75,000 miles.

Transmissions
By PRDR

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Same problem radiator fluid leaked into the transmission. This is my second Nissan I love my 92 Nissan SE, and I still have it, so it is why I brought the second Nissan Pathfinder 2005 SE 6CL 4WD, but I will never buy another Nissan again. Not only that the electrical modular that controls the car went, it shuts down the car down completely, which cost a pretty penny to fix. Now I see they have a recall on that starting in December 2010. They need to do the right thing and recall these particular Makes and Models fix their issues and any revert of those issues. Come now Nissan do the right thing and keep loyal customers. Oh heat shields rattle like mad. Same problem on 1992 model too.

Acceleration love it. Bose speakers love them. Cup holders love em in front of vehicle, Foot control and sit control love them. Heat control great.

Cup holder in back terrible, heat shields rattle fix it, problem with 1992 as well. Transmission problems fix it. Belt speak, as well, same on 1992, which has two belts. Have replaced belts twice on car. Accessibility to DVR is awkward. Opening should be accessible from the backseat.

Nissan should issue recall
By JonnyBRich

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought our Pathfinder with 37000 miles on it. Purchased the extended warranty for security. Had the same problem as many others, radiator went causing the transmission to fail. Nissan would not cover the cost to repair ($5500) either because the radiator caused the problem. Couldn't get anywhere with Nissan corporate so we wrote a letter to our Attorney General. Got a phone call from Nissan Corp shortly after asking for repair bill. Received a check a few weeks later for the cost of repair with no explanation. Come on Nissan! Own up to that fact that this is design flaw. These vehicles should be recalled. Don't buy one of these and if you have one, sell it before it's too late.

Looks nice. Drives well in snow.

Reliability is a serious problem.

Don't Buy 2005-2006 Pathfinders
By runnermcm

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am having the same problems that others have noted here and on the Edmunds discussion board about the radiator and the transmission. The tranny is failing, but Nissan of Omaha says they can't find anything wrong despite riding with me and it slipping (acts as if it is in neutral) - goes to 6 RPM and you say at 40 mph for a while - just one example. Woodhouse Nissan confirmed my problem but Nissan of Omaha has to be the one to fix it and so far they won't. The radiator was replaced after it flooded the tranny and they flushed it, but that didn't solve it. There are at least 3 class action lawsuits. I'm not letting it end here. I will keep all boards I post on updated with progress/advice.

I used to love my car. I carpool a lot and enjoyed it. Now we are afraid to use it - we will end up in an accident or with no working car. Everyone keep trying to get Nissan to cooperate.