Used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Love my nissan
By Lynda Clark

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle. When I wrecked my minivan and had to get a rental, we got a pathfinder. I instantly fell in love with it. It was comfortable, stylish, great on gas, and I felt safe.

Excellent SUV.
By JP

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I evaluated all of the midsized SUV's and found that the Pathfinder was the best vehicle for the money. I love the ride, comfort, and feel of the truck. The controls are ergonomically correct for me. The handling is solid, and fit and finish is impeccable. Was treated well by the dealership. The tailorability of the seat and foot controls was one of the most important features of the vehicle for me. This truck is smooth, powerful, and stylish. I would recommend the Pathfinder to anyone.

Seat and foot control adjustability, Engine power, Stereo and Navigation systems, Having 2 types of power outlets, one that turns off with the ignition, and one that doesn't.

Automatic locking doors when you put the car in gear.

05 Nissan Pathfinder
By Texas nissan owner

2005 Nissan Pathfinder XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 05 pathfinder new this spring. I have had it into the shop for a squeek that is been in the left dash from day one. This is reported fixed each time but as of today still squeeking away. The fit and finish on this SUV is more like a chevrolet low end car. There are rattle from time to time and the SUV just seems to be put together kinda shotty. I also have never gotten over 21.5 miles to the gallon on the hwy and I baby it.

Neat Suv, Nice new style

Build a better fit and finish. Service department also need to be updated to the 05. They still trwat you like is the 1980's Poor Poor Service follow up. They do always call to ask how happy you are at dinner time.

One word: VQ40DE It flat out Hauls!!
By tony22r

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First things I noticed weren't even in the brochure: BIG air box, easy-to-service oil filter in front, Engine Oil & Transmission Oil Coolers! Variable Intake, nice throaty Exhaust note. Whoever put this engine together Knew what they were doing! You can See the quality in every little detail. Comes with tons of useful (standard) features: standard tow hitch, Big Fat 265/70-16 tires, tri-zone AC, low tire pressure warning, full analog gauges. We're not easily impressed, but this '05 Pathfinder definitely delights us. This is a 270hp, 7-passenger Muscle SUV that'll eat some sports cars in the 1/4 mile, while comfortably pulling family-hauling duties on a rugged yet easy-to-drive truck frame.

One word: VQ40DE 0-60 mph in 7.38s, 1/4 mile in 15.86s @ 89.2 mph There is a TON of Low-end Torque! Throttle response is sheer pleasure. When you stand on it, this Smooth-revving 9.7:1 VQ40DE PULLS Strong all the way up to 6000rpm! That variable intake & valve timing really work, this engine Pulls!

None really. No automatic headlight shutoff? There's a loud reminder chime though. Only other gripe would be.. we shoulda got this Pathfinder sooner!

Very pleased
By ingleberg

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in an Infiniti G35 Coupe since I needed more passenger room. My Pathfinder actually accelerates better! I considered the Infiniti FX35, but the Pathfinder is such a better value. The sound system is incredible (love the MP3 playback), and the navigation system is easy to use. Almost immediately had a problem with a loud noise in the rear A/C -- dealer found loose insulation. New model... these things happen. Highly recommended!

Awesome power, stereo (especially MP3 compatibility), Armada-like styling.

Fewer rattles and a little more legroom in the 2nd row. Drop the 3rd row -- it's useless.

• SUV