2005 Nissan Pathfinder XE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2005 Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Sort Reviews by

New owner
By lfefernandez

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Even though this is my first day with my new 2005 pathfinder, this SUV is perfect size, perfect shape. I have the LE and is everything you want in a vehicle, its got power, room for 7, video entertainment system, independent suspension (which makes it way comfortable), 6 CD changer with a BOSE audio system, heated seats, dual temperature control, sunroof, lots of storage, and a little better gas mileage than my previous 2000 Nissan Xterra. I have nothing to envy other SUV's, this is what I wanted Nissan to bring to the market and 7 seater, not so big, afordable, awsome SUV.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, sunroof, 6 CD changer, the BOSE audio, and the DVD entertainment system

Suggested Improvements

Have not found it yet.

Nissan got it right with this Pathfinder
By Boltsfan

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had mine a week and absolutely love driving it. The 4Runner and Sorento were both possible options but factoring in performance and all features, it was an easy choice.

Favorite Features

Smooth drive and comfortable feel plus third row seating, and seating confirgurations

Suggested Improvements

More head room...but then again I am 6'3" inches tall. Better gas mileage...but not many SUVs offer this

Love it !
By Jeff Johnson

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV feels VERY tight and smooth while driving,city or highway.That tells me that it was made with quality in mind.Looking around it,inside and out, you really see how well made it is.

Favorite Features

Easy to drive,everything is in an easy to access place. A FUN VEHICLE !

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice if it took regular unleaded gas.Supposed to put in premium only,kind of high per gallon right now. I might try regular unleaded anyway,see how it goes.

la creme de la creme
By the viking

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have taken my time to sit inside the new pathfinder to explore it at first then test drove it for at least half an hour. I realize it's the best to buy this season because it offers any and everything you desire in a vehicle .contrary to the old nissan vehicles, the inside doesn't look cheap any longer and the power for a 6 cylinder can't be outmeasured .It's the best out there.

Favorite Features

The additionnal feature such as the compass in the rear view mirror makes the vehicle as elegant as a loaded toyota and a nicely loaded honda meaning that Nissan is in real competition now.

Suggested Improvements

If Nissan could make more larger vehicles of this caliber meaning the new Pathfinder and the Armada,there would be no equivalence most especially from the top competitors such as Toyota and Honda and furthermore it would be like when the Z first out in the sports car business.

la creme de la creme
By Eric the red

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

pathfinder24
By k miller

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd pathfinder, and i feel this is the best so far.comfortable, functional and fit and finish is perfect I love my pathfinder.

Favorite Features

satelite radio, 3rd row seats, comfort and convience of all features

Suggested Improvements

i love it as it is.

NEw Pathfinder
By ETHOMAS

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a new 05 SE. It rides better than my 01 se that I traded. I got the Comfort & Premium packages. It is much better than my 01.

Favorite Features

Bose Sound System is awesome. Also. I like the Dual Zone Heat & Air System. The dash layout is much better. Much more comfortable and roomier. Uses Regular Gas.

Suggested Improvements

None that I Can Think Of.

AWESOME SUV!
By Cali_guy76

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this SUV on 7 Nov and fell in love with it! My wife and myself looked at many other SUV's and found this one to be the best overall...You cant beat the price for what you get. We compared the Honda Pilot, Saturn Vue, and the Toyota 4Runner. The Pathfinder was better than all of them!!! We bought the Pathfinder SE with everything but the DVD and paid $27,700 +tax&lic. We love our Pathfinder and hope to keep it 10+ years!!!!

Favorite Features

Look, feel, ride, power!!!, tow cababilities!!! 6100lbs!!!!.

Suggested Improvements

Ummmm....?????mmmmmm???....Make more of them quicker so everyone can have one!

A Cut above the rest of the pack
By julwal

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned for about two weeks, Very impressed with this newly designed Pathfinder. Design is very clean, with modern looks, but still gives the suv rugged feel. Driving impressions are very good, alot of power on tap, great VQ engine, sounds great when driving, but is not too loud due to the well insulated and designed cabin. Very quiet a high speed. Good handling around twisty roads, suspension seems to work very well on this newly introduced truck platform. Good storage and seating options. Plenty of room in second row seating even when driver seat is all the way back. 3rd row seating in ok, probably comfortable for kids. Huge size trunk

Favorite Features

Audio controls on steering wheel, eletronic seat memory, dash appearance- walnut accents, overall solid feel when driving. Excellent safety features, with front airbag auto/on/off sensor. Birds eye view Navigation System. Comfortable, quality leather seating.Dual Climate controls.

Suggested Improvements

Rear backup warning sensor or camera when reversing.

Performance Rules
By hilljo

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Performance is King, and this Pathfinder rules. The most horsepower in its class equals a happy camper. Traded an Acura MDX, and it feels really good to be back in a truck SUV and away from a car SUV. The ride is very, very good for a truck SUV. The extra horsepower offsets any and all negatives, plus it just plain looks great. The Bose sound system with 9 speakers is also nice. Laying down all of the rear seats is slightly cumbersome.

Favorite Features

Horsepower. Exterior Styling. Sound system

Suggested Improvements

Center Console/Gear Shift could have been elevated another couple of inchs. I would have liked 18" wheels. But the 17" wheels with 8" wide tires are larger than any competitor.